Arrested Development

How'd you like Season 4, user?

It was good.

It was alright

it was decent

It was okay, but really confusing and hard to keep track. Should have done linear storytelling instead of falling for the meme.

HATED IT.

Did not like the format change where each individual character got an entire episode dedicated to them. The timing felt way off.

season 1>2>3>>>>>.

does anyone know where I can find the re-cut episodes of season 4?

It was meh

It was like I had some sort of horrific brain injury, entered a coma and my damaged dying brain was putting on this miss match light show to rock me quickly into the grave. Not an enjoyable experience but hey, at least they tried?

it was AWFUL

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

GOB and Tobias plots were awesome as used to be

At least it wasn't season 3.

Was okay.

Should've just done it in a linear story instead.

Season 4 was not good. It was cleverly plotted but not enough jokes to constitute one episode, let alone fifteen. That said, I am excited for season 4. Judging by the marketing images it sounds like they'll all be able to film together.

It ties itself together great by the end.
Sure it's different, but not bad, unless you're an autist suffering from adhd and can't stand both changes and long commitments.

It's great but different. The laughs weren't as common but when they hit they were great because of the structure and build-up. I'm glad not every season is like season 4, and I hope season 5 won't be, but I like season 4 the way it is.

first time through was worrying initially, but by the end I liked it

second time through was much better because know what's going to happen allows you to notice stuff that applies to stuff later revealed

third time through is not as good as the second. the season is not as complicated as it first seems, so there's not much new you'll catch

if they make season 5, I will probably start watching as soon as they put it up.

I don't.

It felt like it separated the individual parts/characters of Arrested Development, gave each their own episode, and killed the legendary fast-paced comedic synergy of the show to make it significantly slower, far less dense, and ultimately less funny.

Arrested Development is a show where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, you can't just strip it down and deconstruct the show like they did in S4 and still have it be as funny as it was in its prime. It doesn't work like that.

In season 4, the mood/general tone of the show was depressing and less fun, the jokes themselves were few and far between, the jokes that were there were often less funny or less intelligent, each character is entirely isolated from the rest of the cast (removing the funniest part of the show; the continual interaction between characters), and the show threw in a bunch of unmemorable side characters in a failed attempt to make up for its aforementioned handicaps.

Next season will be great assuming that they're, y'know, actually able get the cast together in one place.

Its alright but the fact that everyone was so busy that they had to focus on one character at a time did hurt it. It just doesn't flow as well as the fox era stuff as a result but it was still watchable and funnier than 90% of current sitcoms.

If the new season is as good as Mitch's last netflix show, Lady Dynamite, it could be a return to form.

I did not like. It felt like it wasnt going anywhere.
It lacked the great interaction between all the characters.
Also all the celebrity cameos was annoying

It was decent, having each episode focus on one character held it back though.

wasn't as good as the first three, but still better than most other comedies.

>Get in car wreck in March 2006
>Coma for ten years
>Wake up in 2016
>Black president
>The guy from The apprentice is going to be president
>Still fighting in the Middle East
>Find out Arrested Development for a fourth season
>Manage to watch it before released from hospital
>It's pure garbage
I keep thinking this is the coma dream the doctors keep going on about...

hey guys i didnt want to make a thread so i have to ask if there are ANY good movies on netflix rn? i know fellow AD fans would have good taste
Also, i only watched the first 2 eps of s4 and had to stop, it was just terrible

Why lie?

I enjoyed it in that it exceeded my incredibly low expectations, but it pales in comparison to the original run and the whole thing felt weirdly depressing.

>it sounds like they'll all be able to film together.

Was scheduling the reason behind S4's structure?

It was alright. I loved Michael voting himself out of the flat though.

Maybe is the ugliest and worst actress ive ever seen