Daily reminder that blade runner works best as a film if Deckard is a human

Daily reminder that blade runner works best as a film if Deckard is a human

>Implying it doesn't work better if there's a secret class of androids who are not even aware that they are androids used by an indifferent police force to carry out dirty and dangerous jobs

But who made them(gosling included) if what he's hunting are supposedly the top of the line replicants?

No. It works best if it is ambiguous.

He's a robo, end of discussion

Only because ridley scott is a retard. Harrison ford played Deckard like a human.

The whole point is that he is not human either way. Put another way him being an andi or human has no impact on his dehumanization. His life hunting Andies has stolen his humanity.

What makes him human? What makes anyone ? If replicant looks, thinks, feels like a human then why is it not?

fucking this
the only people who think otherwise are autistic reddit manchildren

Can someone explain to me why was Rachel such a bitch in the book and killed DeckardĀ“s goat. Like, wow really ?

daily reminder blade runner is an overrated boring piece of shit

This desu

Ironic...

Let alone she had a mid teen body with an adult head

so fucking shit. One of the top candidates for most overrated film of all time.

Reminder that it doesn't matter because with Ford's acting Deckard seems less emotional than even a replicant.

What's it like to be so fucking wrong in life. If Roy Batey was in the next room you would probably drop dead from terror. You just need to put yourself in the scene and experience what's happening.

> He's a robo, end of discussion
Then he would "die" in 4 years, but he's in the sequel

Nice buzzwords.

whats it like being autistic?

That's because he is, regardless of whatever Scott tried to hamfist in after he and Ford had their argument.

I think he actually captures the main idea of the character perfectly. It really does not matter weather he is artificial or human his humanity is nearly dead either way.

Idiot.

>He's a replicant from before they decided to put a 4-year lifespan on them
Actually wouldn't surprise me 2bh. It's the kind of stunt they'd do to add """""""""""""interest"""""""""""""""

Since when is having functioning mirror neurons a sign of autism? Wait a minute, your walking in the desert and you see a turtle...

Google ultron.

I was memeing and yes, what I got was that Roy was supposed to look more human than Deckard, but to be honest I can't get passed how soulless everything seems in BR.

Now completely ignoring that him being a robot is canon.
It works best by neither him nor the audience knowing what he is.

Well yea. He IS human.

Yea, that pissed me off. It's literally one of the two scenes I remember best. The other is basically Deckard trying to determine if that cop is a replicant or not.

If you haven't read the book, do it. It's worth it.

>Canon
It's a retcon so it's really not exactly canon.

I feel as though Deckard being a replicant is just extraneous
It serves no real purpose
In the book there's a real purpose to questioning it

Do you think that the Deckard in the original movie is a replicant and in the new movie it's the real guy?
Sorta like the plot to that sequel

You mean like the guy who wrote sequel to Blade Runner and included a human Rachel in it ?

Smart and intelligent OP

Yeah
They could have just kept making Deckards because all of them kept becoming sympathetic to replicants

It actually works best if it leaves it open to interpretation (which it does).

no. i saw it recently its way better than any capeshit coming out today you just have a fucking short attention span because you were raised off youtube videos

Do you think Paint Drying: The Movie is the best thing ever?

Everybody is a replicant in the film including Tyrell himself.

There is nothing in the final version to suggest this, I do wish they didnt cut that scene though.

neuromancer is better
blade runner has 1/10th the creativity in writing. definitely visually overrated. neuromancer had so much cool scifi shit in it blade runner isn't even worth mentioning

>dude just put in some more smoke lmao

They are two different things. I'd characterize Blade Runner both movie and book closer to pure Sci Fi than Neuromancer's Cyberpunk.

Daily reminder that the international cut is the best

In a concrete sense I agree with this. It's a little thematically redundant otherwise, or at least needlessly opaque. Deckard being human makes the points the film raises more clear and digestible for the audience. The really interesting ambiguity is in our idea of humanity, not Deckard's origins. It's a superfluous question.

Either way I think it's an effective film. The fact we can even entertain both sides shows that.

Did you even watch the film.

Replicants, as explained in it:
-They lack memories or emotions
-Forced adult life from nothing
Over time they do develop emotions, but it makes them unstable and fucks them up

Solution: the nexus 6, a replicant that has a four year lifespan, so they can't have such a emotional turmoil build up

BUT: 15 minutes into the movie Deckard is summoned into Tyrell Corp. it is then revealed that there is a new prototype, that is designed to have implanted memories, so that they can have emotions and don't become unstable. Right up from the film:

>After all, they are emotionally inexperienced with only a few years in which to store up the experiences which you and I take for granted. If we gift them with a past... we create a cushion or pillow for their emotions.. and we can control them better.

In other words, they have created replicants they don't need to throw into the bin four years later, and more importantly can be more easily controlled (as they don't even know are replicants).

Deckard and Rachael get to live forever (or as long as replicants last).

Of course the sequel will shit over it, like many sequels do.

>tv is too retarded to type "Ridley Scott confirms Deckard is a replicant" into jewtube
>somehow autists think they are better than reddit
if there weren't sweet memes here, I'd never cometo this hellhole

If Deckard is a robo then how come he got the shit kicked out of him by all the other robos huh? Wouldn't he be on equally footing as them in the physical department??

Who said Deckard is a some being with flesh & blood ? It takes the one to know one Y'know !!!?

Btw, in that same conversation there are 2 more hints he is a replicant.

DECKARD: How can it not know what it is?
TYRELL: [...] Rachael is an experiment, nothing more.
[...]
DECKARD: Where do you get them, the memories?
TYRELL. In the case of Rachael, I simply [...]

She is said to be a a single prototype, later 'an experiment'. Yet Tyrell, when responding about giving her memories, says "in her case [...]" indicating there are other cases (Deckard).

There's also this exchange in that same scene:

DECKARD: They WANT memories?
TYRELL: It's the dark corners, the little shadowy places that makes YOU interesting, Deckard...

What this senile idiot thinks doesn't matter. The truth is, that there is no reason for the twist except making the reddit nu-male happy.

Rachel is a robot and he manhandles her.

The replicants he is following are Nexus 6. Rachael is a new kind of replicant, and if is to be one he would be of the same kind (the kind with normal strength, implanted memories, controllable, unknowing of being a replicant).

And don't forget at the end when Gaff says to him that he did a real mans job. Deckard is a robo Gaff replacement with his memories.

The underline of this story is what if the A.I become the better than its the makers. Sooo those ones that develop things that make a being the human, are destine to be hunt down before it becomes the revel to the civilization. It takes the form of the social satire Y'know ?

This.

I've always kind of figured that's the entire point: it doesn't matter.

How do you define what's 'alive'?
Are you just your memories?

Deckard nods his head in realisation right at the end when he remembers Gaff's words. He's nodding because he knows it doesn't matter what he is.

>a replicant that doesn't know it's a replicant runs off with another replicant

>a man who has spent his life mercilessly hunting and putting down replicants ends up seeing the humanity in the replicants he is assigned to kill and ends up falling for one

Really hard choice here.

Can i just point out that DeckardĀ“s coat looked really comfy ? Like, you could have popped collar and the next scene you have it down. Damn !

>a man who has spent his life mercilessly hunting and putting down replicants

Where's proof?

Rachael has the mind of Tyrell's 16 yo niece.

Does that make Deckard basically a rapist? She has the body of an adult but the mind of a little girl, she can't actually consent (same as fucking a retard, etc).

You are right. 16y old people are actual retards, unable to think for themself.

>16y little girl

Nigger, what the fuck...

There's something I don't understand about the theory of Deckard being human.

Let's say he is human. The chronology goes like this:
>nexus 6 are created, they most prominent feature being they only last 4 years
>nexus 6 cause a mutiny
>replicants are illegalized on earth
>"blade runner" death squads are created to hunt them down
>deckard works as one for years, and the retires
[movie starts]
>deckard goes into the office
>he has to be explained that replicants have no emotions
>he has to be explained that nexus 6 have 4 year lifespan
>asks if the vought-kampff machine can not work (after supposedly, using it for years)

It feels weird. I mean, I guess he could have not know about the nexus 6 and whatnot, but aren't they the foundation of his work?

>It's illegal to fuck a 16 year old girl even if her body is fully developed because it is considered her mind isn't, and thus can't properly consent.
>Rachael has the mind of a 16 year old girl (underdeveloped)

How is he not a child abuser?

>a film that heavily implies that the main character isn't human
>then gets confirmed in the final cut
hurr durr, it works best if he's human

it's not ambiguous though, and It would be better if it was
think about how many the Thing threads you see on Sup Forums speculating whether Childs was a thing

You run into this either way: why not just implant that knowledge into his memories? Given that it's the implanted memories that are the foundation of his Blade Runner past anyway (if we take him to be a replicant)?

I think it's just for smoother storytelling.

There's a fuckton of theories. One suggests, if you watch the original theatrical version, theres a discrepancy in the number of replicants Bryant mentions to Deckard in the briefing. He says that there are escaped Replicants. One got fried running through an electrical field, the other 4 escaped. Which leaves an unaccounted for 6th Replicant.

The theory goes that Deckard is the 6th Replicant - captured and reprogrammed with fake memories. A mechanical cat to catch mechanical mice.

It would explain why Batty calls Deckard by name and teases him - he already knows Deckard.

The Final Cut fixes the dialogue of the discrepancy. It's all bulldshit if you ask me.