Is it over already? 'Twin Peaks’ Premiere Delivers Only Half a Million Viewers

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2017/05/twin-peaks-debut-viewership-soft-david-lych-showtime-1202100663/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

who cares they cant unmake the series

and they shouldnt make another series either

Do half a million people even subscribe to Showtime?

I'm waiting until they're all out. I hate waiting a week between episodes.

*INHALES*
HAHAHAHAGAHAGAAHAGAGAGAGAGAGAAHAHHAHAHAGAGAGAGAGAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGAGAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Season 4 may be over but who cares? I doubt Lynch would have wanted to start work on season 4 immediately after this anyways.

What'll be more interesting will be the ratings for episodes 3 and 4, if only half a million people tuned in for the premiere how many will stick around after that, not exactly a normie friendly show.

Wow who could've seen this coming...

Oh wait,everyone with half a brain did.

milenials, what did you even expect

Normalfags just can't handle real quality.
They should stay with their tailor-made trash like Game of Plebs and Better Call Reddit.

Considering is the last season, idfc

I don't think they were planning to make more than one new season anyways, so who cares. I'm just glad we get new Twin Peaks, I don't care if other people watch it or not, I'll still watch it. Also, streaming, etc.

>the average person has poor taste and would rather watch "critically acclaimed" shows like mr robot or game of thrones

Twin peaks is more on quality with cinema than television.

Millenials don't have Showtime.

I don't even think a Season 4 was ever in the cards, man.

Did they really expect to pull viewers with cheesy 90s soap opera about nothing?

Its not really that surprising. I cant imagine a lot of casual viewers from back in the day returning after the trash fire that is s2.

What did he mean by this?

fuck bros.... /got/ is laughing at us...

That is pretty low. Ray Donovan - which was also on Showtime - gets about 1.5M per first viewing. Penny Dreadful was cancelled by Showtime because it only got around 700k per first viewing.

It's not like they were planning on doing another season after this anyway, so who gives a shit

"I'm a critic who has never created anything of value in my life, other than to tear down the creations of those who exhibit actual talent."

theres a chance they dont even air the rest of the episodes if numbers drop every week

>lynch brand pretentious bullshit
what did you expect?

>Airs on Showtime
>Most won't have watched the first two seasons
>Not normalfag friendly

How is this surprising.

Season 3 is the furthest thing from a soap opera.

It was also the best four hour TV binge i've had in a while.

TV has changed don't these media dinosaurs get it that nobody sits down and tunes in on a set date anymore you fucking COSMO GOONS

Doesn't matter. The season has already been made and their was never going to be another.

Showtime was a mistake. I bet the Bluray sales well though.

Obviously because everyone's watching it online

Nice, they can just throw the whole thing up on Netflix all at once.

This is Showtime, not a network broadcast channel. Showtime does count multiple viewings, online viewing, etc in their figures since it is a pay subscription channel and all they care about is whether somebody who pays for their service is watching a program.

However, 500k for a heavily-hyped premiere debut episode for Twin Peaks is really low especially when you compare it other Showtime programming like Ray Donovan.

I figure Showtime anticipated this and hopes it'll make money on blu-ray. There was never going to be a fourth season.

Kyle hinted that there was going to be

Quick googling says they have 2M streaming subscribers

I can't wait to have this fucking thread every hour for the next few days.

What exactly does this series have to make people watch?

Zombies? Dragons? Sex? Lewd Nudity? Half naked glistening minorities? Lots of violence?

Good to know it's definitely worth watching, and that most of the people hip to it are online.

Two episodes were shown on tv. Four episodes are available on demand. No one watches live tv anymore, everyone who signed up for Showtime for Twin Peaks watched it on demand. There's no advertising, Showtime doesn't give a fuck how they watched it as long as they subscribe for it.

MUH STREAMING. Twin Peak's premiere episode got low viewership.

deadline.com/2017/05/twin-peaks-debut-viewership-soft-david-lych-showtime-1202100663/

>m-muh Nielsen ratings

Archaic trash

Is this for the people that tuned in when it aired? Because I stream through amazon. I mean it's really hard to measure how big it was if it's only measuring people who tuned in when it aired

Forcing millenials to watch the first two season to understand whats going on the 3rd was a mistake. A reboot would have baited a new normie audience much better.

naked glistening minorities

dam she t h i c c c

Showtime will end up pulling it
and shelving it because they'd just end up wasting money putting it up for streaming

Ew

ITS LITERALLY OVER

So what's the narrative now, Sup Forums? YANB is over, who are we going to whine about?

I didn't even know showtime was still around. I've never seen any showtime show

Wasn't dexter showtime?

It's on Netflix.

>n-no it didn't fail, look at all these numbers that have no way of being confirmed! trust us!

AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND

That sounds pretty fucking good to me then

That's right, but they're simultaneously unable to shut up "How cute Dale Cooper is". OMG "Coffee", OMG "That Gum You like is going to come back in style".

There's a humongous Tumblr fanbase for Twin Peaks, but they have no actual interest in watching it. Fucking Posers. I'd slit their fraudulent throats if I could.

Apparently they're getting record new subscribers over it too.