THE DREAM IS DEAD CRACK

So now that X-Men Apocalypse has flopped and bombed, what will happen to Fox and the X-Men franchise?
Wil Fox make a deal with Marvel Studios to put Wolverine in a movie and have MS make their X-Men movies?
Will Fox focus on Deadpool and put him in everything?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookmovie.com/x-men/x-men_apocalypse/box-office-x-men-apocalypse-is-the-1-movie-in-the-world-a141950
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>that number
The hypercrisis is real.

They need to sell the franchise off for sure, no reason to keep a series at isn't making any money. Not to the MCU though, we don't need them in the universe. Or maybe the X-Men would be their own thing in their own self contained XMCU.

>So now that X-Men Apocalypse has flopped and bombed, what will happen to Fox and the X-Men franchise?

It hasn't bomb'd yet, but it's not looking good.

>Wil Fox make a deal with Marvel Studios to put Wolverine in a movie and have MS make their X-Men movies?

No. Jackman is retiring from the role due to his age and the physical demands of a fighting role (as opposed to a more general action role like Iron Man). He can't keep lifting forever.

Rupert Murdoch doesn't share. The last time he tried, he ended up paying for a $500m divorce settlement.

>Will Fox focus on Deadpool and put him in everything?

Possibly? The first problem is that they've likely only got Reynolds for another movie as it stands - remember, when they signed him he wasn't huge, and he's already made two for them. Jennifer Lawrence was only on a three-picture deal, so if Reynolds signed up for the same, he's renegotiating after the next one, and if it does just as well, he'll cost a lot of money, especially if his other non-Deadpool movies start taking off in the meantime. There's a reason they're not getting Lawrence back, and it's not fan reaction - FOX are too cheap to hire her back. They can afford a big star or an ensemble of lesser names, but not both.

The second problem is that FOX likely has to make an X-Men movie every now and then to keep the rights. That means either Deadpool has to come out of R, or the X-Men have to go into it for the sake of brand clarity. They're unlikely to want to make them all R from here on out - unrated DVD releases are one thing, but R-ratings hurt grosses as a general rule. Even the Matrix movies couldn't keep it up, and they were huge.

>Deadpool 2
>Deadpool and the X-Men
>Deadpool 3
>Deadpool and Domino
>The Deadpool
>Deadpool kills the X-Men Universe

They should just give the X-Men rights back to Marvel Studios. They belong to Marvel anyway.

>flopped and bombed
>still not out in America

You drones are the kind of ppl I could convince to burn all the Jews.

The MCU needs the Fantastic Four and their related characters, but it's too late for the X-Men.

>So now that X-Men Apocalypse has flopped and bombed, what will happen to Fox and the X-Men franchise?

I love this meme. It's the third largest X-men opening ever in foreign first weekend sales yet somehow it has already bombed because it didn't immediately break all records.

die

We need only Deadpool, girls, villains and Wolverine. Nobody gives fuck about Magneto and Cyclops.

>Deadpool kills the X-Men Universe
Now that sounds interesting, even a good plot for a reboot for the X-Men Universe should the time come.

It hasn't come out yet user

>implying numbers made by disney shills and paid off reviewers matter

>if a movie I liked got bad reviews, it's because of shills and paid off reviewers

We still have New mutants, deadpool 2, Wolverine 3, Gambit, x-force and maybe another x-men movie with the Phoenix.

Daily reminder that Aocalypse just had the biggest opening in the franchise and has yet to be released in China and USA

The only dead dream is getting the rights back

comicbookmovie.com/x-men/x-men_apocalypse/box-office-x-men-apocalypse-is-the-1-movie-in-the-world-a141950

Its also number in 71 of 75 territories released.

Who honestly wants Tatum helmed Gambit movie? He ought to be in the X-men movies, everyone knows his solo stories are absolute shit

BvS made money too. Doesn't change that it was hated. And X-Men Apocalypse is the worse X-Men movie since Wolverine Origins (it even has a lower RT score than X-Men the last Stand). It's being trashed by critics and auidiences. Fox can't keep putting out bad movies (especially after Trank4stic)

Meanwhile, Captain America Civil War is the Citizen Kane of cape cinema.

Fox should work with Marvel Studios

>And X-Men Apocalypse is the worse X-Men movie since Wolverine Origins (it even has a lower RT score than X-Men the last Stand)

Which is ridiculous considering it's easily the third best X-men movie to date. Critics crying it's the same shit as always is hilarious considering how much they love the stale as fuck MCU formula.

And yet it has a lower Rotten Tomatoes score than Man of Steel and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and X-Men the Last Stand :/

He got signed to be Gambit all way before Last Stand, iirc. And he's fan of character so...

>X-Men films will continuously degrade in quality, never quite as bad as X3 but each one more boring than the last
>Marvel will continue shitting on the characters I grew up reading/watching because they don't have the cinematic rights
>so here come the Inhumans, the sort of mutants nobody cares about

god damn it

Well it seem Tatum has a Ryan Reynold case where he wanted to be Gambit for a long time too and the movie is being made because of him

Het rid of Singer. He's fucking stale.

Get some fresh blood. Like the Deadpool director.

Make better costumes.

It's like a curse of the trilogy: first one is good, second is great and the third one falls short.

>X-Men makes cookie cutter films
>critics: Oh this is so boring! Nothing new offered, everything is very cookie cutter, what is wrong with Fox!?!

>Marvel makes another cookie-cutter film
>critics: Wow, so much fun! Just turn off your brain, it's pure fun! Fun! Fun!

Apocalypse has made more overseas than DoFP did apparently

Reynolds lives for Deadpool, of course he'll do another film

absolute shit taste

Are you including Deadpool in that?

Because third largest in X-Men would put it in the Pretty Fucked zone considering what they're known to have spent on this one.

Come on, which is it? Largest? Third largest?

None of you seem to know.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the overseas reporting - right now New Zealand is showing five times the number of theaters DoFP played to, which, given that DoFP apparently made $1,840,230 per showing, ought to put XMA on $276,034,500 just from New Zealand alone. Clearly this is not the case and we should view these figures with some caution.

However if the opening weekends are anything to guess by, then it's going to end somewhere between $351,035,810 (based on Australia, compared to Deadpool, and bearing in mind it's in 20% more theaters than Deadpool so the distribution will take a bigger bite out of that) and $381,560,663 (based on the UK). These are two of the largest overseas markets, and they're usually in line with expectations for the US market. Either of these results would be a financial disaster.

Another point worth making here is that the X-Men, in common with a lot of franchises (and not just superheroes), have often experienced falling domestic grosses matched by rising internationals across the progression of sequels. This can often result in a higher overall gross despite a drastic hit to the domestic - but it can also result in nothing more than a lesser contraction of gross. It's not looking good for the international based on these openers - what's different is that it's opened in a lot of places simultaneously, allowing someone to sit down and do some calculations and say "opening weekend high", purely because nobody's really done that before so there's no data to contradict it.

>Critics: This movie suck
>Sup Forums: That's it! FOX is finished!
look at you people, thinking that reviews matter

Fox should also repay Marvel 50% of the profits they made with the X-Men movies, that money belongs to Marvel anyway.

what about civil war was cookie cutter?

>BvS has a shitty CGI creature
>Critics: shitty CG! Looks like the cave troll!

>TFA has a shitty CGI Schmiegel looking mother fucker
>Critics: Such compelling Villain! So great! Such a nerd!

>daily reminder Mad Max: Fury Road lost its opening weekend to Pitch Perfect 2
>reminder Minions is #2 highest grossing animated film in U.S. of all time
>reminder Frozen is #1
>reminder all 4 Transformer films made lots of change while Pacific Rim flopped
>reminder that the same weekend Pacific Rim flopped Grown-Ups 2 made buckets of cash
>reminder Edge of Tomorrow flopped
>reminder How to Train Your Dragon 2 disappointed
>reminder the Twilight films were all financial successes

>implying public taste in movies isn't 100% absolute shit

>Not to the MCU though, we don't need them in the universe.

I don't give a shit.

I want them in the MCU purely so that Marvel will stop pushing this nuhumans shit and start giving us good X-Men comics again. We haven't had a new X-Men story in years, solely because Marvel don't want to give FOX more material.

But will he do another one after that at the same rate is the question. If the movies consistently make $700m, shouldn't he be asking for more money?

Apparently nobody. It's gone quiet.

>Fox can't keep putting out bad movies

But they're not, the reception to their previous three installments in the X-franchise where overwhelmingly positive. Heck Days of Future Past has a higher RT score the 'Citizen Kane of cape cinema'.

They had something good going with Vaughn.

Who did Singer threaten to out has part of the "Hollywood Club" to get brought back in?

Not surprised. I mean I loved it, but this just means it was divisive than anything else.

If there's a more fickle community than /cotv/, i've yet to find it.

Shhh... don't try talking logic to Disneyfags.

They won't be happy until the house of mouse has a complete monopoly on every franchise in Hollywood.

But user. The fun. MUH FUN, user, MUH FUN.

Don't forget MUH OSCARS! MUH TOTES LEGIT BEST ANIMATED FEATURE OSCARS!!

No, but please try not to alter your pasta too much so it doesn't get past my filter, thanks.

is there any information about the movie being a commercial flop and not profitable?
from what I read it made 100 million in the foreign markets in one week, and you still have the USA and 1/3 of the foreign markets.

It may not make a billion, but even if it makes 500 million that will be enough to not give it back.

So either fire Singer or minimize his influence

>last movies were critical and financial successes
>one low rt score
>"all their movies have been bad give the rights back"

I'm not one to cry shill but some people make me wonder

X1&2 only got high RT core because they came out at a time where there weren't good cape films (like the Raimi Spider-Man films). People ate the movies up because there was no better alternative. And DoFP only got good press because it tugged at people's nostalghia goggles (like Jurrasic World and The Force Awakens)
Now Marvel Studios (Capekino) exists. People can now watch QUALITY cape films. If the X-Men films were released today, they would be trashed as being not fun (unlike MCU)

>Implying that Fox's accounts wouldn't just make any profits disappear

I'm not sure if you are really that dumb or really that naive

They should pay Marvel for raping their baby.

you should have used the IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT scene.

shouldn't money be more appropriate than metascores to decide a serie's death?
transformers is shit but still prints money.

>The Deadpool
>not The Dead and the Pool

>2Dead2Pool

Wow....

Could you be any more of a fucking shill?

Let me guess... samefag?

Diseny should just own everything. Can't wait for Disneys Godzilla, Planets of the apes and Mad Max.

>Captain America Civil War is the Citizen Kane of cape cinema
You mean a movie who falls apart within the first 10 minutes because the first 10 minutes has such a gigantic plot hole the rest of the premise falls apart?

What plot hole?

Frozen is actually great tho

Nobody was in the room to hear him say Rosebud

Nobody was close enough to be able to hear him say Rosebud

>i liked apocalypse more than civil war
my coworkers have SHIT taste i can't wait to leave this country

Liking a movie does not mean you think it's better.

>Frozen
>great

Pick one.

I thought you were talking about Civil War.

I did know about the Rosebud thing and it only took me three rewatches to catch it

what's the difference between the two concepts to plebs?

also what's with all the french street sign captchas?

It's better than X-Men Apocalypse

Talking about both really, because whenever someone brings up Citizen Kane like a grand masterpiece who can not be touched I just bring up that massive plothole.

It'd be so easy to do, too.

>X-Men? Mutants? How come we've never heard of you
>We've got the greatest telepaths in the world. We routinely mindrape anyone who finds us and erase their memories of us, for our safety. But now that there's superheroes all over, maybe we can give coexistence a shot.

>what, you mindwiped people who learned who you people are?
>send in the Sentinels
Xavier was a mistake.

The audience was, user. That's all that really matters.

Or Captain Deadpool

You are indeed a faggot.

It worked for X-Men evolution

Fuck that. I blame the whole "mutants as a hated minority" concept for how retarded the writers make the average Marvel citizen. If that didn't create the problem than it definitely exacerbated it.

>Captain America Civil War is the Citizen Kane of cape cinema
But CA:CW wasn't a shitty, overrated and only deemed "good" and "a classic" because it was an old movie

A few years ago they partially dropped that when the X-men moved to San Francisco

>Xavier was a mistake.
By now, that's canonically true.

Whoa user we don't use logic in comparing companies

Edge of Tomorrow was SHIT

It was absolutely amazing first time I watched it.

>Pacific Rim flopped
>reminder Edge of Tomorrow flopped
They didn't and stop spreading the lie that they did.

The problem is that the bigbad Apocalypse was lame. He was boring, over-acting, and lame. And considering his name is in the title, that's a huge disappointment.

Zemo from Captain America Civil War. Or even the Mandarin from Iron Man 3.

But user the mouse makes way better movies than other studios . Why so salty

>mfw all these mad as fuck losers
Blame Fox and WB, not us.

>Give J-Law more screen time.

Why? It was cool when it was just Mutant-Malcolm X vs Mutant-Martin Luther King. How does Mystique fit into this? She isn't at all nearly as interesting and doesn't have nearly as a good actress playing her. I don't know if the rumors that J-Law doesn't even bother wearing the blue get-up are true because J-Law, but it is, then that's just lazy effort on J-Law's part.

wow, just wow

Ok take a step back does Rotten Tomatoes really mean shit. I mean there making there money back with profit so really Rotten Tomatoes means jack shit. Face it Disney is never getting the rights back unless it bombs financially not what critics say about it.

She doesnt. Thats why she barely appears in the movie.

I actually agree, Frozen is great. Sup Forums's gotta be contrarian tho'.

Oh no, they can keep the X-Men, it would be a clusterfuck to introduce them this late.
I want the Fantastic 4 ones.

Because Hunger Games and because Hollywood says you like her.

Thankfully many of the critics didn't like her in this movie (JLaw REALLY really gave a half-assed performance. Everyone could tell she was bored as hell). Hopefully they get rid of her for the sequel.

>calls Citizen Kane "shitty"
>thinks CA:CW is good

The internet was a mistake...

Right, while Minions and Grown Ups 2 were pure kino, right?

It's true though. Frozen is objectively better than X-men Apocalypse.

They were all shit.

I'll take the opportunity to ask, what is this Kino shit I keep seeing spilling out of Sup Forums?

How much does Disney pay you to post here?
Can you make a living off it? If so, I might want to consider a career change...

Kinography is the highest form of cinema.
It's definition is ''Movement made art.''

>what is this Kino shit I keep seeing spilling out of Sup Forums?
Autism, like everything that comes out of Sup Forums

I like JLaw but she needs the right director behind her to actually make it work. She was good in Winter's Bone and is honestly pretty good in the Hunger Games movies, but it's clear she doesn't give a shit about the X-Men movies and David O Russell just brings out the worst, hammiest performances from her.

Working as Internet shill is terrible.

It's Sup Forums autism is what it is, and nothing more.