Hey Sup Forums how do I overcome my crippling depression and my fear of rejection?

Hey Sup Forums how do I overcome my crippling depression and my fear of rejection?

A good first step is to stop looking for easy answers. Shitposts on Sup Forums won't drastically change your life.

Drugs. Citalopram did wonders for me.

Short term: alcohol

Long term: alcoholism

You don't.

Stop jerking off all the time.

Check with your doctor if you have vitamin D deficiency. Lack of it usually causes depression, anxiety, fatigue, and/or insomnia, and weight gain.

If you feel yourself getting randomly depressed with no underling correlation, might be your body's work, not your brain.

but then ill get prostate cancer and my hair will fall out

these

not op but i seriously cant fucking stop

i should be doing assignments and readings but i spent the last 4 hours masturbating on and off

And until you meet a woman, it's never going to stop, sorry.

It's like chewing gum when you're hungry instead of eating.

End yourself.
Hell is always looking for new tenants.

4 hours of jerking? Doesn't that hurt after awhile?

I e been on Sup Forums for over a year, and i still dont know. i want to die so fucking badly

To trick the mods into thinking this is Sup Forums related, let's post characters who have it worse than us.

Sex addiction is usually a byproduct of other mental illnesses, such as depression. Simply abstaining from masturbation isn't going to help anything if you're broken.

Live a healthy lifestyle and get professional help. It sounds like a lot, and it is, but as I said before there just aren't any easy solutions. Sup Forums isn't going to help you.

a little

the main thing stopping me from killing myself is the thought of my death burdening those around me

theres a strip of whomp that summed it up nicely but i cant find it right now so heres a random page

Everyone depressed in here:
>Stop snacking
>No junk food, only fruit, vegetables, and cold cuts if you do snack, and limit your snacking time
>Get a regular meal schedule. Eat decently sized meals.
>Eat breakfast every fucking morning. Particularly, eggs. It will absorb all the acids that have built up and make you feel like groggy, bloated, give you less aches, just generally help "restart" your system every day.
>Sleep at night at a decent time, wake up early in the morning, sun is good for you
>Go for a walk at least 30 minutes a day. Even if not all at once.
>Open your windows, get fresh air, Summer is starting for a lot of you
>Get away from your computer for awhile. The monitor light + light buzz feedback of headphones messes with your internal system.
>Find a way to channel some creative part of yourself, even if only 30 minutes a day. So you can't draw, can't write, can't play music, can't sing, can't sculpt? All you like to do is read comics? Make some fucking lists. Categorize your comics according to villains or types of protagonists. Give them ratings, or write up some reviews and post them somewhere. It'll help your brain to think constructively and you may develop an interest in writing or whatever down the line if you do it long enough.
>Socialize. Suck at talking to people IRL? Use the internet. Go somewhere other than an anonymous shitposting image board and make a friend there.

1) Man up
2) Realize that rejection is not a big deal at all and that it happens to EVERYBODY once in a while
3) Find a hobby or start doing some exercise
4) Stop visiting /r9k/

>for over a year
Pffft.

Try NINE.

I do all of these things and still can't cope

Do I just end it here?

It worked for me too, but all it did was make me happy enough to think I should marry my gf at the time so i stopped taking them

characters who you activity feel bad for thread ?

>Particularly, eggs.

You had me going until there. Nice trollpost.

>tfw started browsing Sup Forums the year i graduated high school (2007)

welcome home bro

>4) Stop visiting /r9k/

But that's the only place with people more pathetic than myself.

Not all problems can be solved by just trying to live healthy. If you have actual depression the only things that will help are counseling, time, and maybe drugs.

You get the hell over yourself.

Again I would say do this:
If you do everything, are still depressed, and the worse thing you have going for you is loneliness (As in you aren't starving, no recent divorce, you aren't in severe debt, your family hasn't died, generally speaking nothing really traumatic has happened recently and your life is at least decent), you may just have low serotonin which is forcing you to feel sad all the time. Get your doctor to check your levels, otherwise, if it is something external and you can pinpoint what, counselling.

What do you have against eggs. Eggs are yummy.

Wow, nearly 10 years huh?

>Do I just end it here?
Yes.

Finally.

What Powerpuff Girl antagonist is that?

>Stop snacking
>No junk food, only fruit, vegetables, and cold cuts if you do snack, and limit your snacking time
I do that already. I just finished a glass of fruit juice.

>Get a regular meal schedule. Eat decently sized meals.
>Eat breakfast every fucking morning. Particularly, eggs...
I do that already, too. Eggs are the only thing I can cook, after all.

>Sleep at night at a decent time, wake up...
I do that already. I go to bed hoping I never wake up. My wishes so far remain ungranted.

>Go for a walk at least 30 minutes a day. Even if not all at once.
>>Get away from your computer for awhile...
I spend about two hours outside of my house every day.

>Open your windows, get fresh air, Summer is starting for a lot of you
They're open. It's winter where I am. Not northern-hemisphere-winter, yeah, but it still gets really gray and rainy and cold.

>Find a way to channel some creative part of yourself, even if only 30 minutes a day.
You know, I used to do just that, but I gave up. See, my problem is that every time I feel I'm accomplishing something, I'm overcome by some fit of depression and anxiety that makes me delete all my work. I did just that last month. grabbed my google drive full of storyplanning and bios and deleted it permanently. And last year at least three times. That happens to me all the time: one day I feel like I'm gonna get my shit together and that things aren't so bad, but then I relapse and make the same mistakes that put me where I am. I never learn. Even now, I'm certain I'll feel the same euphoria a few days or weeks from now, it'll pass and I'll go back to my gloomy, self-hating, suicidal self.

>Suck at talking to people IRL? Use the internet.
...And aren't I doing that just now?

I got into Sup Forums about two years after graduating high school, one year after getting into college.

I'm still at college. This stupid career should be finished in five years, yet here I am still. Worse is, I'll probably finally get kicked out this semester because of academic incompetence. I don't even want to think what my parents will think. I want to die.

Oh it's Joshua from Clarence, he started off as a gag like the typical teenager working at a grocery but, his wounds were permanent not healed during the next episode

oh shit i'm in the same boat almost
been at college 9 years in a degree i no longer care about but i should be ok as long as i pass the 2 subjects im taking this semester

What are you going for?

Oh forgot Pic Regret

I was able to graduate with my degree in honors, but I have no internship experience and can't seem to land a regular full time job to move out of my parents house.

Every time I look at job postings, I get anxiety. I apply and usually never hear from them. I swear some HR assholes are just laughing their asses off that some dude who got a degree 3 years ago can't land a job in their field.

Sup Forums - Your Personal Psychiatrist

Use your imagination. You might not ever think imagination is the key to solving many problems of the mind, but it is.

What fuck. Who thought this was funny?

>start in bachelor arts/ bachelor of education double degree to become a teacher
>need to pick major and minor in arts that are teachable subjects. pick 2 languages coz im good at them
>2 years in parents tell me i should be doing something business-y. cant change to commerce degree, change arts minor to business studies
>have to do a bunch of economics courses. fail every second one. dont meet requirements to go on teaching practice for that subject for a few years
>board of studies changes requirements to become a teacher and the education portion of my degree becomes outdated. none of the education courses i did count to the new system
>change degree from BArts/BEd to just a BArts

tldr going to finish with an arts degree after 9 years

Noooo

That sounds like it was actually working perfectly, but you just scared at the idea of being a normal, functional human.

I only stopped taking them because I was able to stop thinking about suicide on a regular basis. That feels pretty nice.

Try 10 motherfucker.
If only I hadn't seen those demotivational posters on photobucket...

tie pigeons to yourself and jump off a roof

draw me something

13 fucking years.

Somehow, I had friends in high school who knew about Sup Forums and got me interested in Sup Forums back in early 2004. And I've never fucking left.

Just become a prostitute then. If you can handle 4 hours of whacking it then I'm sure you'll be able to hold your own in bed.

Me.

My CRIPPLING DEPRESSION and my FEAR OF REJECTION, while Reginald uttered some IN-TER-JECTIONS.

What's up with Joshua anyways? The last episode I remember him being in he got severe spinal injuries. Is he dead?

if you're a prostitute you're meant to hold someone else's

kill yourself.

It might vary little bit depending on if you are a man or woman. I have found that reading the articles on depression from the ArtOfManliness.com has been helpful. Particularly his series on "leashing the black dog", but also his articles on finding a sense of purpose as well. Sometimes discovering that you can live for something beyond just yourself is also helpful; a cause, or purpose, or person.In general it may just require an concerted effort on your part never to give in and always try to move forward. I've heard it said many times that you should never call yourself a failure. You should never speak it aloud and never write it down. Speaking in particular reinforces it because you both think it, then make the motion of speaking, and finally hear it one last time. Instead I would do the opposite and frequently reassure yourself in any way that you can (verbally is fine) that you are alright and that you will get through this. I've also found that sometimes taking a nap or even a good night sleep will help alleviate the blue mood, and I also like to exercise vigorously to create a natural change in the body's chemistry, which can help to improve mood. (and improving one's body never hurt your confidence.) In the end though it may be important for you to assess what you want in life, and that's going to take some deep thought because sometimes when you think you want isn't quite what you imagine. Then you either have to work for your goals or accept that maybe you can't have then but still have good things. You may never "get rid" of depression, but you don't ever have to give up the fight.