english = written and pronounced differently
portuguese = written as pronounced

prove me wrong ptycn

Z and Cs are either pronounced as THs or Ss depending on where you are

there is no 'th' in spanish therefore z is pronounced as is

>portuguese = written as pronounced

roça could be written as rossa, too

that's the obsolete version that isn't used anymore

Z sound is retarded and too complicated to make, so it's dropped both for c and z everywhere. There IS a small distinction between c/z sounds and S though.

Portuguese is not completely unambiguous.

A few words you need to know their origin to be able to match the pronunciation to the spelling.

Also, Ts doesn't exist, and the loanwords that have it replace it with Z, which then again only sounds slightly different from S.

Even if you've just heard the word for the first time, you can assume whether it has a Z/C or S in its writing, although not everyone is capable of noticing, may be because of grammar rules actually.

>ITT: colonial niggers who don't know european spanish

>Wanting to speak faggy ass castillian
Embarrassing.

You mean its embarrassing to speak actual Spanish and not broken colonial spanish?

how are different spanish accents seen as? like the spanish accent equivalent of british, american, australian etc.

I can't tell the difference between Australian and British, but both sound terrible in daily speak to me, only works for medieval stuff.

More or less the entirety of Latin America has a neutral spanish that sounds good to everyone, it is also similar to the Andalusian accent. The regional variations only come apparent when someone's purposefully caricaturing the people of a country, or when it comes to the unintelligible babble of poorshits and criminals. Caribbean do have broken spanish with too many vices. Nobody likes castillian, and spaniards have a terrible sense for naming stuff. They keep constantly renaming things in media, and they turned the word NEET into Nini, which sounds more like some dog's name or that of a french whore.

>Nini
So it's not our fault? Nice, that word sounds ugly as fuck.

It honestly saddens me that Latin Americans don't treat the Iberian homelands like the USians treat the Bongs.

I could be swimming in Brazilian pussy if only they perceived us as sophisticated and respectable as opposed to dumb.

English is usually phonetic except when it isn't.
I never realized how confusing the english language can be until I started learning spanish.
Of course english is still far better at representing pronunciation in spelling than french or japanese.

>than french
No way man. French has retarded rules, but they follow them to a T.

English has no rules.

Spanish C can be [s] or [k]

they can only be "[s]" if followed by "e" or "i"

It does have rules Muhammad, you just don't know them

It's supposed to be [z], but as said before, the [z] sound was dropped.

You know very well what I mean.

Spelling -> pronouncing mapping of the English language is a clusterfuck because you guys resisted writing reforms despite having a ton of linguistic influence sources, in comparison to other languages.

Really? "c" as "z"? I guess that explains the Galiza/Galicia spelling from Portuguese and Spanish. We kept a lot more archaic pronunciations than the Spaniards, in general.

English has rules but they make no sense.

Eh, the main issue is that for each rule you have a fuckton of exceptions.

I don't mind it, myself. It makes English a neutral and equally difficult language to learn for Romance AND Germanic speakers alike, despite most Romance speakers besides us not bothering, for the most part.

>No way man. French has retarded rules, but they follow them to a T.
I wasn't saying that french has no rules I was saying that if you read something written in french it does a poor job at representing how the words are pronounced not only does french like to blur the words together into an incomprehensible mess but they have a ridiculous amount of homophones.

I thought you were talking about how "parle" "parles" and "parlent" are said the same, and how "oi" is said "wa".

It makes no sense because "o" and "i" separated aren't pronounced "w" and "a", but they ARE consistent with it, is what I meant.

Whereas -ough[t] is basically a lucky guess in English.

You can read Japanese (romaji) as if it was Spanish and you're only going to pronounce wrong their h and j.

You can read it as if it were Portuguese and it's correct, iirc.

>in the wet, filthy british isles
>a=>ei
>e=>i
>i=>ai
>o=>ou
>u=>iu

>everywhere else in Europe
>a=>a
>e=>e
>i=>i
>o=>o
>u=>u

France:
oi -> uá

Germany
eu -> oi

Fucking retards, the lot of them.

I was more talking about how they have silent vowels at the end of some words and sentences but not others.

I fucking wish I could stop using disgusting seseo and pronounce shit correctly.

In english vowels can be prnounced differently depending on context and whether they are upper or lower case.
A= E
a=a
E=i
e=e
I= ay
i=ii
O=o
o=awa
U=Yu
u= short a
Y=Ya
y=ai

>in english vowels can be pronounced however the fuck you want and you'll still be right/wrong/neither/both
ftfy

every anglo cunt has a different way of saying things, english is a dirty creole dialect

Sudac speak sounds girly and faggy as fuck.Spanish from Spain sounds way harsher and frankly manlier than garden speak

I see a lot of you make the same arguments when y'all are talking about French, but you have to seperate writing and speech with it. I dont understand why everybody calls silent letters retarded because reading French should make you understand why it is done that way.

>and whether they are upper or lower case.
wut?, give some examples pls