Despite being the best TMNT show ever...

>Despite being the best TMNT show ever, this one will never get the recognition it deserves due to 80sfags running everything.

Nostalgia neckbeards constantly praising the shitty 1990 movie are even worse.

>it's another my childhood > your childhood episode

And then Turtles Forever came and made everyone happy.

I wouldn't say that was the only thing.
I think Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers killed any love for the '03 series, which is highly unfortunate. I loved '03 TMNT the most, followed closely by 2K12 TMNT.

03 fucking blows compared to 2012. Granted Space adventures season was extremely weak. As a whole still a much better series

I do agree, even though I still have a soft spot for '03. As I said here

The first four season of 2k3 are great. I think the later seasons are often ignored on purpose when praising it though. It still deserves more love.

The first was great though. The others were shit.

>2012 better than 03
>Unfunny animu-esque double takes.
>Mikey is an even bigger retard than usual.
>Casey is also an utter retard.
>Constant 80s jerking off and pop culture references everywhere.
>Shredder is a fucking pushover.

It's decent, but no way in hell is it better than 03

>Shitting on one series to elevate your own
Why do people do this

> Casey is also an utter retard.
Well, to be fair, he wasn't always the smartest person even in '03. So I don't mind it. In fact it's better because I don't really like him that much and it fits him better as a kid in 2K12.
> Shredder is a fucking pushover.
This, however, is correct. Still better than 80s, but Utrom/Demon Shredder is best Shredder, period.

>Mikey is an even bigger retard than usual
That's not necessarily a bad thing, Mikey wasn't never that bright in any incarnation. And he has his moments of being genuinely competent
>Casey is also an utter retard
See Mikey, and Casey's fucking boring in every incarnation barring 2k12. I can't even tell you what his personality was like in 2k3 other than Brooklyn guy who has the hots for April. And his family owned a farm I guess.
>Constant 80s jerking off
Why do people always sperg out over this? Like it or not the 80s series is the iconic one. Ask a random schmoe on the street what they think of when they hear "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" and chances are they'll probably think of either the 80s series or the movies
>pop culture references everywhere
Again why is this a bad thing? The references are hardly intrusive to the episodes and you can easily pretend they aren't there. Boo fucking hoo if some neckbeards are bothered by a Friday the 13th reference here or Aliens reference there.
>Shredder is a fucking pushover
Fucking wot m8? You can argue many things about 2k12 Shredder, hell you can 2k3 was more overall better. But the LAST thing you can argue is the dude being a pushover. He one shots the turtles whenever they meet, got bitten in half by Leatherhead and still lived, and straight up killed Shredder dooming the planet in the process.

The 2k12 series has it's problems to be sure, but it's better than what you're giving it credit for

>Utrom/Demon Shredder is best Shredder
Those are two different Shredder's friendo. And no, I will always argue the Utrom Shredder twist was and always will be stupid
>mah competence
>mah mulitverse
Neither make a villain good.

If any Shredder is overall 'best' I'd say IDW Shredder is.

that may be true but that's no excuse for saying it

>The first was great

Take the goggles off, man-baby

Anything after the original series is for autists, we fondly remember a kid show, you got fondled by ur dad and have developmental disorders.

get fucked nu-turtles

Mirage Vol 1,2 & 4 is the only canon.

>it's a "butthurt 2k3 babby" thread
Oh, lawdy.

I recognize the show is probably technically better than '87, seeing as how that was really just a fucking toy commercial, but I've tried to watch 2k3 multiple times. It just seems like it's trying too hard. I can barely make it through the first episode before cringing myself out of it.

> Those are two different Shredder's friendo.
I know. They are both just the best Shredders, so I put them together.

> And no, I will always argue the Utrom Shredder twist was and always will be stupid ,mah competence , mah mulitverse
??? I don't follow. One, than what's YOUR favorite Shredder than? You hate 2K12, and you seem to hate '03s. You better not like 80s, it's fucking worst than 2K12 on a bad day, and the original wasn't much to write for, being the first so I'll let it pass. I didn't care about "muh backstory" of '03 Shredder, I cared that he was a fucker that ACTUALLY tries to kill the TMNTs and acts like a actual threat. 2K12 isn't that close in intimidate, but still shits on the 80s one.

> If any Shredder is overall 'best' I'd say IDW Shredder is.

I thought it was staying to cartoons though, since I never seen any comic version. And imo, not really fair, cuz nearly every comic book version of a character is "best" (aka Archie Sonic > Game Sonic).

My point was Shredder being an Utrom was a shitty twist, but more than that he was just a boring psychopath which wouldn't of been fixed regardless of what he was. Say what you will about 2k12 Shredder but at at least his motives make sense in the long run. In retrospect 2k3 didn't have many decent villains in general, the only two I remember who were good were Stockman and Bishop. And as for 80s Shredder, he's fun if you're in the mood for a character like him but I digress.

As for my favorite, like I said, IDW Shredder has my vote.

>Archie Sonic > Game Sonic
Who the fuck says that? Game Sonic is leagues better than pre-reboot comic Sonic, the only people who think otherwise are power-level faggots.

2003 was actually traditionally animated.
2012 is pretty horrid CGI.

Even with all other things being equal 2003 wins by a long shot. Also best lore, best tone, best Shredder. Oh well, for some inexplicable reason Sup Forums hates it.

The first movie was a great blend of the Mirage comics and the cartoon, superior to the 2k3 series.

>mah traditional animation makes everything automatically better meimei

>for some inexplicable reason Sup Forums hates it.
Eat shit, most of the time these threads pop up people jerk off 2k3 while shitting on the 80s series

Nope, most of the times, it's
>Eat shit
like it is right now.

And, yes, traditional animation does make everything better. If we can't agree on that, well, I guess I'm on a wrong board or something.

Goggles. Off. NOW.

>It's true if I pretend it is
kay

> My point was Shredder being an Utrom was a shitty twist
I guess, I never cared about that personally. It at least made the Krang worth something of merit than usual, but eh.
> but more than that he was just a boring psychopath
He's literally fucking fried in the head, and only cares about "muh revenge" as he should. He cared for the woman that Splinter got with, he had his reasons to be crazy as fuck.
> Say what you will about 2k12 Shredder but at at least his motives make sense in the long run
Never said he sucked if you're implying that btw, and yeah, he's basically '03 Shredder but he ends up more pathetic in the end because he's all talk and no bite. He acts tough (and IS tough enough to kill the TMNT) but he doesn't do jack shit compared to '03, who DOES something about it himself instead of always relying on the Foot. Even than, his Foot clan was more useful anyways, if he had to just let them take care of his dirty work.
> And as for 80s Shredder, he's fun if you're in the mood for a character like him but I digress.
I rather have a villain that wants to kill being a "villain" and all, as a show about NINJAS, I can't stand for anything less. But to those that like silly ass Shredder of 80s, I digress.
> Who the fuck says that? Game Sonic is leagues better than pre-reboot comic Sonic, the only people who think otherwise are power-level faggots.
But that's who I'm referring to. It was basically a comparison anyways.

Most of this thread is the OP same fagging.

You can only troll so far

2012 has actual likeable characters for one. So yeah. And space arc was good fun. I miss Fugitoid.

Did you even notice how detailed the 2012 series is? How expressive all the characters are? All that and actual talented voice actors too.

>talented voice actors too
except Leo

2K3's biggest problem is the FUCKING AWFUL sound mixing and music. Like, holy fucking shit, it is PAINFUL to listen to that show, especially the first season.

Otherwise I'd concede that it's the only TMNT cartoon I actually like, and I generally prefer lighthearted takes on long-running franchises.

>GREAT TIER:
>GRANDFATHERED IN TIER:
80s
>FUCKING KILL YOURSELF TIER:
Flash Forward
Back to the Sewers
The live action one

You know he's coming back right?

Why don't you like 2K12 faggot

TMNT always goes to shit when space gets involved.

Keep it in the streets for fucks sake

You're probably thinking of the shitty second one with Vanilla Ice. The first was fucking GOAT. A mixture of both the original comic's darkness and atmosphere, but still a sense of fun.

Wait, so Ultrom Shredder wanted to bone a human? Or was Saki the guy who hired him to kill Yoshi?

I tried going back and watching this and i can never understand why it gets so much praise. Its ok?

Eastman please go.

Is Michelangelo always going to remain a meme character? Remember when he wrote that kickass book about himself in Japan?

I am a child of the 80s and it is really obvious the 2003 show is better.

He has his moments

Whatever you say gramps. Those rose tinted goggles have obviously fouled your vision.

Actually I don't think Utrom Shredder didn't really have anything to do with Tang Shen in the 2003 series. Who took Shredder's place in that dynamic was a guy named Yukio Mashimi.

It's why I, personally, am not a big fan of Shredder being an Utrom. It takes away the personal feud between Splinter and Shredder. They only reason the Turtles are against Ch'Rell is because he's a maniac trying to take over the world and the only reason Ch'Rell hates the turtles is because they're trying to stop him from taking over the world. Sure they begin developing a vendetta over time but it's nowhere near as interesting as Saki's and Splinter/Yoshi's usual feud in other Turtles media.

Then you should know that's like saying steak is better than roast beef

Both might be meat from the same animal, but they're completely different

Laird go back to writing.

So im the only /tg/ent waiting for the second wave of heroclix and trying to get a hold of more of the first one

>/tg/ent

I think you mean fa/tg/uy

binge reading the idw comic and i must say its a very good view on the world this one portrays it goes thru arcs and plot points very well and dramitic at times but still good