How did this asshole assume command of Cybertron after Ultra Magnus' injury?

How did this asshole assume command of Cybertron after Ultra Magnus' injury?

Alternatively, Transformers thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6w0jakILepk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rom_(comics)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Transformers thread
>WHY ARE THERE HUMANS TRUKK NOT MUNKEY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
No. Kill yourself.

Best bot for the job

How is this asshole in charge of his own mercenary unit after proving to be inept again and again?

No one cared enough to complain, apparently.

Who else would've?

He climbed the ranks by sucking up to the right people and taking credit for the work of others, but the common Autobot on the street only knew that he was important and a hero. When Cybertron needed leadership he was there to strike while the iron was hot while the more capable Primes were off-world getting shit done.

Autobot Hierarchy.

but yeah Sentinel was an incompetent asshole.

He threatened to shit in the punch bowl if he didn't get what he wanted.

Strong jaw, broad chest. He's sexy enough that nobody argued.

Politics. He was friends with the right people.

Best Show order

1.Prime
2.G1
3.RID
4.Beast Wars

Objectively wrong.

He eats pieces of shit for breakfast?

Remember when the Japanese intro was so badass it somehow managed to make sentinel prime seem cool.

I'd agree that Prime is the most solidly written overall, but its fucking dull. I never feel like watching it again.

If you ask me, it'd be
1. Beast Wars(warts and all, it still feels really engaging)
2. Animated(same)
3.Victory(I'm a sucker for a good, over the top shonen anime. Other series do it better, namely Brave, but it's a novelty seeing a Transformer series do it.)
4. G1 Season 3(kind of cheating, sure, but its considered a subseries in Japan. It felt like the writers cared more in this season, there's a lot of interesting and consistent world building, and more interesting characterization.)
5.Prime
6. Beast Machines(like Prime, its actually not badly written, besides the tenseness of it being a sequel, but it's biggest crime is just being dull.)
7. Cybertron(like Victory, a goofy novelty, but fun)
8. G1 Season 1/2(just a basic 80's cartoon at this point.)
9. RiD 01- Really fun the first go-around, but not really worth a rewatch.

Haven't watched Headmasters or Masterforce, and Energon isn't worth talking about. Armada has a really nice closing arc, but that isn't enough to save the series.

TBD:RiD2015

>Single handedly creates the political and social unrest IDW spent years working into stories

I always assumed he was going to be exposed as the incompetent fucktard he really was, I wonder if that would have been a plot point of season 4.

I heard he full on turns against Optimus in the fourth season.

And Optimus kills him in retaliation?

MTMTE #43 is out on iTunes... Australia.

And we finally learn where Dominus Ambus is. He's a loadbearer like his brother, and the Pet is his inner robot. He was Agent 113, and the DJD turned him all animalistic after brutalising him. He also dies.

he was second in line, then gained support by being prominent in the press when they hauled in the two clones

This is satire, yes?

Nope. From the same person on TFW who dropped spoilers for last issue.

More spoilers please? If you have them?

Christ. People read this shit?

I'm so sad

Just that Dominus dies because Chromedome plugs into his brain to restore his mind, but Rewind realizes that this will kill Chromedome; even though Chromedome says that interrupting the process will kill Dominus, Rewind chooses him over Dominus and slices off his arm to stop the process.

actual spoilers
they stay rivals and sentinel makes the headmaster upgrade for himself
then optimus steals it to defeat the deceptions during the season finale

Well fuck.

Apparently MTMTE #53 is out on UK Comixology, anyone got it?

>all these spoilers
>mfw

>spoilers
>for a cancelled

Here's hopefully something interesting actually happens in TF #53 since this is just dreck for the sake of dreck.

Hopefully. Maybe we can get a storytime going before too long if some wonderful user can help.

rEWIND WHAT THE FUCK

...that's possibly the most retarded thing I've read in IDW Transformers yet.

I just could never hate Sentinel.

Yeah, he was a self aggrandizing asshole, and yeah, he was incompetent, but deep down, his heart was still in the right place.

He reconciled with Optimus after the Blackarahnia thing, when the Decepticons broke lose and used Sentinel as a human shield, he still told Optimus to take the shot (even though OPtimus didn't because he had a better plan)

Considering what the show was, he was actually relatively deep as a character.

But considering this was Animated, I expect they would have fucked it up and made him more of a self serving asshole caricature over keeping with the self-centred but still a good guy deep down characterization

...fuck

Reading MTMTE, and
>Polygamous transformers
This is getting to be a little much

Its friendship marriage you dweeb

>Its friendship marriage

It seems like it's missing the point of friendship.

I'm a little confused on what the difference in relationships of friends or lovers between Cybertron and Caminus. I tried re-reading it over and over but I still couldn't figure it out. You don't need a ceramony just to call someone a friend.

On Caminus you have to be besties before marriage

On Cybertron you can be bffs or buttbuddies, not necessarily both

I think

That seems overly convoluted

even for transformers logic.

Takes true hackery to be this bad. And Roberts has achieved success. Bravo.

Can someone explain the joke here?

youtube.com/watch?v=6w0jakILepk

Rust Dust is Groove in disguise.

It takes a special kind of person to do something like this. Extra credit if they were sober.

Also DriftxRodimus canon

No I mean what's with the bottom panel animation?

Waitaminute

What about that one MTMTE issue where we Dominus gets his head replaced with a computer screen in a Functionist-Future?

Because if he really did have an animal for an inner robot, shouldn't he have ditched his TV-headed body for a new one? That's what I would have done.

Then the functionist council would know about it.

What if the functionist council was the readers all along

So, Sup Forums, what say you about these rumors of TF5 featuring ROM?

Who

THEN WHO WAS PHONE

Lets do it lets smash all our toys together!

Didn't Dominus and Rewind share are room that was the only "blind spot" in the Functionist Future?

How would the functionalists have found out?

Also, maybe Dominus wouldn't have ditched his TV-head body forever. Maybe he could have switched between two bodies and lived a secret double life? TV-Head by day, rabble-rouser by night.

ROM.

The Space Knight. Champion of Galador. Scourge of the Dire Wraiths.

It's a caminus tradition thing. Kinda like blood brother rituals in some parts of asia/europe tribes when mixing blood in some symbolic way becomes a BFF thing.

>Didn't Dominus and Rewind share are room that was the only "blind spot" in the Functionist Future?
Yeah supposedly they had the room made safe from the functionists.

>Champion of Galador.
Well, Champion of the Solstar Order. Galador isn't a thing in ROM lore now.

Not that person but I have no idea who this is.

>MTMTE 53
Rewind chose Chromedome because he didn't want to be a furry fag.

Oh. Right.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rom_(comics)

Actually, it makes even more sense now why Tarn was mad that Kaon cared so much about the Pet.

Unless Kaon was trying to prevent memory information from falling into Autobot hands and Tarn is a moron who should have thought for two seconds.

Kaon pretty obviously cared with how he didn't want anyone to open fire while Ratchet and Drift had the Pet hostage.

[Spoiler]minimus [/spoiler] is gonna be pissed lol

They didn't seem that close in the first place.

>and Tarn is a moron who should have thought for two seconds

Given he's increasingly unhinged, I would be surprised if he's a moron.

Wouldn't. Shit. Fuck my spelling errors.

Minimus explocitly said that that even though they fought, he still lovrd his brother. I mean, even in the functionist universe he was distressed about what happened to dominus

Minimus never even went looking for him, I don't think he's too upset.

Explicitly
I cant type

Oh, silly Kaon. You can't just torture a spy then adopt his mangled remains as your puppydog.

(Come to think of it, oldVos/113 does bear a good resemblance to the Pet.)

Well if Sunstreaker can take in a damaged insecticon as a pet.....

Is old Vos the Pet/Dominus then, or hinted that he is?

Oh hey

Since he was Agent 113, I think it's confirmed. Check pic too.

It is a person from a backwater colony. Their culture is fucked up

It's straight-up said Dominus was Agent 113/old Vos. Re-read

Fuuuuck

>Giant hands
>Skirt armor
>Points all over
If this wasn't Transformers I'd be all over it.

you're gonna let that stop you

Pretend it's an alien palmetto.

Yes. It is a cool feeling for monstrous characters, but doesn't feel humanoid enough for Transformers.

If Agent 113 is Dominus, then Prowl knew.

>Are you threatening me, Minimus Ambus?

Oh my god, he did.
What a shit

Why would Prowl not know?
He is the hard working guy that keeps tabs on everything.

>More reasons to get angry at Prowl

Wait.... What was he threatening Chromedome before then?

He'd know that Dominus was 113, but he wouldn't know he had been compromised. Remember that Dominus's last report saying he had never reached the Autobots, and no one even seemed to know there was a new Vos.