When the book is better than the movie

>When the book is better than the movie

>when the book based on the movie is better

Name 8 kinos where this is true.

Was there ever a better artist than pandoras box ?
RIP

Did Pandora's box do a new dbz comic or did I just somehow miss her in the picture

I'll take 2001 a space oddysey for $500, Alex

2010 is a major example of this.

The 120 days of Sodom is "better" in the sense that it is an order of magnitude more awful, extreme, edgy than the movie. The book thus fulfills its reputed purpose far more completely than the film did, which is just a creative sketch of the first part of the book (for the most part).

>when the movie leaves out the scene from the book where a bunch of 10-12 year old boys have a gangbang in the sewer with 12 year old girl and take turns making her cum

Yes, I'm talking about Steven King's "It"

Strong Disagree. The pathbreaking visuals of the film (a major element of its cultural importance) are by definition not able to be transliterated exactly into text.

Furthermore, certain dialogues between Hal and Dave/Frank are significantly sillier and transparent in the book. In the book, a transmission starts coming in from Earth advising that Hal be shut down, and Hal abruptly interrupts this message to report some new problem with the AE-35 or perhaps worse. There's also a chapter of deadwood where Frank is just dead and Dave is stuck with Hal and has to start probing against Hal in a ridiculous way. The way that the movie handles the "dramatic" portion just makes far more sense overall.

Also, in this case, the completed novel was not the source text for the film, and so does not have claim to being "the original article" which was somehow bastardized by the film adaptation. Rather, Clarke's completed novel was a variation on the project's theme, being released after the film.

As a minor quibble which doesn't really go to story quality, in the "original" novel they continue on to Saturn. Clarke himself later abandons this conceit and consistently places the events of the Discovery around Jupiter (with its FAR more interesting set of moons), as in the original film, in the remaining novels.

2001 the film is better than 2001 the novel. The reverse is the case for their respective sequels.

I disagree. the book goes much more into detail over how and why HAL is malfunctioning, and why it shouldnt be happening, and I think it makes the fight between him and Dave better

Manga is always better than the anime

manga videl ryona >anime videl ryona

Manga isn't analogous to literature.

Your respectful, knowledge-based disagreement is duly noted and wrong :^) .

manga is better than books because it has drawings

>Yes, I'm talking about Steven King's "It"
Thanks for that clarification, I mean that could have been any film based on a novel, really.

Why wasn't King arrested for writing this shit?

loli fiction isn't illegal

>pbx still has not did a new pic
is he still even alive

In theory, movies are the superior medium though. Especially animated movies.

It's better to show than to tell.

There was also a scene in Ender's Game where all the boys sing together naked in the shower.

Needless to say, that did not make it into the 2013 film.

Did this ever happen? Personally I think you can glorify particular scenes in your mind all you want, but reality sometimes brings in the cold and harsh truth.