Fuck Aliens

So what was your reaction when Ridley Scott said he didn't consider anything beyond the first Alien, Prometheus and Covenant canonical, including the introduction of the Alien Queen?

I think it makes sense actually. Xenomorphs always felt more mysterious and alien when they didn't have a leader.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/6ctw0e/reading_through_novelisation_some_of_the/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Aliens looks more dated than Alien.

lol shut up retard.

The alien queen is a natural evolution of David's perfect species. We know he mixed bug DNA by looking at his notes in Covenant so this doesn't seem like a complete rejection of the idea.

Yes, it does. Alien is a timeless classic. Aliens feels like it was made in the 80s (which it was). The style makes it feel dated more than the effects.

Alien is a by-the-book slasher flick.

I honestly have enjoyed all the Alien movies (Except vs Predator)

Aliens is my favorite SciFi film

That statement from Scott is retarded but it's his franchise I guess

This is true.

Anyone who knows their shit knows that aliens is not a great movie. Like at all. It's fine. But it's fan base is made up of dudes who used to go to Cracked everyday and who will tell you, with a knowing grin on their face, that die hard is their favourite Christmas movie. Seriously fuck those guys

So? It isn't as dated as Aliens.

What do you mean by dated?

Rewatch it. Aliens hasn't aged well compared to Alien.

Again, what do you mean by that?

lol

I'm actually kinda glad, even tho I was disappointed that the space jockey was an albino and the alien an experiment, it feels better than anything in Aliens.

Also, source. Did he actually say that?

I LITERALLY watched the Director's Cut last weekend before I saw Covenant and it was perfectly enjoyable.

Then again I have an extraordinary ability to suspend my disbelief

If this is true, it makes a ton of sense. The tones of Prom, Cvnt, and Alien are similar. Aliens just goes off the rails, even though it's a fun movie

You just described one of my friends perfectly haha. He's a retard.

Is it fucked I would honestly prefer more prequels that keep to the tone of alien, over a more action oriented sequel ala Alien 5? I didn't hate Prometheus, and Covenant doesn't seem that bad. Tv always makes things seem worse than they are

Aliens is 80's quality

The movie Alien wrote that book and inspired countless of other movies.

The slasher movies you are referring to didn't exist as a genre back then. At most they were independent movies like Black Christmas or Halloween, even some Bava films. Scott himself has said he took inspiration from Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I didn't care. He doesn't actually have a say in what's canon and what's not in the Alien universe. That's up to 20th Century Fox, and they're definitely not going to disown Aliens or Alien 3 for Ridley's hack ass

You know I think I recall hearing this word for word in a RLM commentary track...

>This movie isn't great because of the fan base

You're legitimately retarded.

>Implying the prequels aren't going to end with the xenomorphs creating a queen to replace and destroy David, bringing the theme of the creator being destroyed by the creation of its creation to completion

Why does Ridley think he can take credit for the Alien franchise? He didn't create it, he didn't write it, he didn't design the creature, he just pointed a camera.

the current ridley scott is actually a lizardman puppet put in place by the hollywood jews

can someone tell me why the fuck are xenos born in miniature forms of themselves in covenant?
so fucking mad

>what was your reaction when Ridley Scott said he didn't consider anything beyond the first Alien, Prometheus and Covenant canonical

I chuckle and remember Ridley Scott is probably senile and has as much authority to speak on the "canon" of the Alien shared universe as any of the other directors or writers of fiction featuring the xenomorph, which is to say, hardly any.

>Engineers create humans
>humans create David
>David destroys Engineers
>David creates xenomorphs
>Xenomorphs destroy humans
>Xenomorphs create queen
>Queen destroys David
It's like poetry... it rhymes

I know right? Dan O'Bannon came up with the whole thing (including the use of HR Giger themes) and pitched the screenplay to 20th Century Fox. They liked it but they wouldn't let him direct. Then when the first guy they asked to direct said he couldn't do it, they asked Ridley, who they only knew because he'd made "The Duellists" (1977).

Now he's got everyone thinking Alien was his brainchild. pfft

Why does it upset you so much?

The xenomorphs always lose to humans though.

The only one where the humans and Xenos arguably tied was in Alien 3. In every other Alien the humans suffered casualties but still won in the end.

It goes even deeper. The fact that by 2104 people who believe in God are extremely rare shows that humans have, in a sense, destroyed God.
>God creates engineers
>engineers create humans
>humans destroy God
>humans create David
>David destroys Engineers
>David creates xenomorphs
>Xenomorphs destroy humans
>Xenomorphs create queen
>Queen destroys David
Ridley confirmed 2deep4me

Because they are not finished yet. The whole point of the movie was that David didn't have enough assets to finish his creations and now he has plenty. Also the xenos morph into anything they needed to do as their name suggests.

We don't know how the final prequel is going to end though

So you watch RLM yourself and sperg out when someone uses their words?

why would the finished product look like this then?
if you can already make them be born ready to fuck with all their limbs and head ready to just grow, without the need to molt or whatever it had to do in Alien before it grew full size.

So what the fuck is the point of David's perfect lifeform when all it does is extermination through crude means? Was David a genuine brainlet? The fuck happened to trying to create a sentient alien (he was shown trying to communicate with it)?

>Xenomorphs always felt more mysterious and alien when they didn't have a leader.

Too bad he invented David then you autistic cunt

Die Hard is a fucking good movie though

>Also the xenos morph into anything they needed to do as their name suggests.

The term xenomorph just means a foreign or alien creature. People just latched onto it as an official name

Because the current xenos are first generation artificial creatures. While the latter xenos probably evolved according to the insect dna the David used for them.

Aliens is garbage for people that play videogames

>he didn't play Isolation

It still changed according to what host it used to incubate right from the start.

can I get sauce on him saying that?

did you see how fucking tiny and fragile that mini xeno was. that shit isnt breaking through a mans ribcage and sternum

James Cameron is clearly woman dominated. Every movie he's ever made is about strong empowered females. Even titanic. I honestly think he wants to be a woman

I honestly think you're a moron.

he also loves garbage like battle reddit alita so it checks out

alien is the better movie but both aren't dated to me. Alien3 was ahead of it's time unironically in the worst way with the black guy protecting skinhead feminist sjw ripley from rapists, shitty cgi alien dogs and a crappy ending with horribly saturated colors a la zack snyder

I'll have Soft Reboots and Pottery for 800, Alex.

Spoiler

Alien: Covanant Novelisation show that david found Alien egg that made by Engineer long time ago and he try to-recreate.

reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/6ctw0e/reading_through_novelisation_some_of_the/

haha you need to go back my man haha

Ah yes, the reddit faggot.

Fuck off

>david regurgitates facehugger embryos
>david plays one of the prometheus theme songs with his flute
>david draws literal H. R. Giger artwork
>david is trusted by everyone without questions of doubts
>david has no noticeable scars from when Shaw niggerigger his head back together
>alien blood can't even penetrate past the skull in that one guy
>alien knows how to operate and knows where everything is in the ship, despite him being unaware on how to kill Walter at first
>the Alien keeps acting retarded and sperging all over the place
>yet again hack "scientists" explore a world without proper gear and masks to prevent deadly viruses or bacteria from killing them.
You will get the FBI in hazmat suits for AnalTech trucks crashing in a literally who american city.
>literal comedy tier slipping in blood and shooting at the ceiling even tho proper trigger discipline will always avoid this
>racked and stowed guns in the armory are all preloaded for some reason
>hey lets split up on this completely unknown planet so I can take mud samples, no masks or gloves required
>tiny neomorph comes out of my partner's back, better go grab a knife while it struggles to even breath because it was just fucking born and wave it at it from 10meters instead of squashing it or stabbing it before it can even stand up
>baby neomorph grows from the size of a small dog to the size of a small leopard in less than 1 minute of camera time
>tiny miniature xeno grows from size of a small cartoon chichuahua to size of a big tiger in less than 1 minute of camera time.
and people make fun of the running away from the rolling ship in prometheus

to fair, you don't see the aliens for shit in Aliens, all the shots are shakey, with light strobes and less than a second, you see their face right before a kill and thats about it.
Only the queen gets some proper camera time

I hope they release a toy figure of it. It looked so huggable.

>>alien knows how to operate and knows where everything is in the ship, despite him being unaware on how to kill Walter at first
sorry I meant david

There won't be another prequel, because Covenant is failing at the box office

>david has no noticeable scars from when Shaw niggerigger his head back together

When he neck-stabs Walter, they show Walter's puncture starting to heal. This suggested that Walter was actually David at the end as she had to staple his face cut closed.

But if David could heal too, I don't get it at all.

Unless only David could heal, and he deliberately injected Walter with stuff to heal him. But that makes no sense as he could have reprogrammed Walter and the second fight would never have taken place.

So David was holding his breath that she'd not remember (if she ever knew) that Walter's skin healed itself automatically.

What is wrong with looking 80's?

I heard that in The Thing 2011 they didn't let them use practical effects because it looked like an "80's" movie.

I've shitposted countless times about retarded scenes in Prometheus but nothing in that film was half as dumb as Covenant's facehugger impregnation.
>captain has already seen David react aggressively to the neomorph being killed even though it had already killed like 6 people
>obviously david is not on the level
and then David literally just goes
>dude come stick your face in these gross alien eggs, I swear nothing will pop out and rape you scouts honor
and the fucking retard actually does it.

>I assure you captain its completely safe here in my death city of dead aliens and darkness
>that one bitch gets eaten by a neomorph
>captain aware david is acting weird, even points a gun at him
>I assure you again goy, the egg is completely safe!
>chichuahua xenomorph is born in 2 seconds
fucking ridley I hate you

Why does nobody ever complain about Kane sticking his face in the egg?

>chichuahua xenomorph
lol

Yeah, what an idiot, putting his face near an egg. Hasn't he seen the Alien movies?

Who knew what it was, and at best, something being born out of an egg isn't a threat.

Nah, it was still stupid behavior on his part. It's still a believable lapse in intelligence, unlike the absurd things that scientists did in Prometheus

just a drunk thought:

the engineer that we saw in Prometheus is the android creation of the engineers which we saw that got killed in Covenant. the engineers that we saw in Covenant are all individual and unique, whereas the engineer of Prometheus seems too perfect, similar to how David is made to be in the image of humans, but perfected. perhaps the non android engineers learned that they must not give androids self conscious thought (see: David's lunacy), and the engineer we saw in Prometheus is like Walter, hence why the engineers weren't wiped out (by engineer androids) by the time humans made it to their planet.

discuss.

>a leader
David wanted to Create Life, and a species with a fully functional sexual reproductive system is way more Life than a virus (whatever the original Xenoplague was that the Engineers engineered, that wasn't good enough for David and why he set about to create the xenomorphs).

Despite Scott's bullshit (he also said Deckard was a replicant, so don't believe what he says about his work), he's obviously a fan of Aliens or why would he have shown us sketches of David attempting to design the queen in COVENANT?

>beyond the first Alien, Prometheus and Covenant canonical,
That is strange I remember him considering Jim's movie as well in the prometheus extras.

They're two of the greatest sci fi films of all time and you're a fucking idiot for flippantly criticizing these great works that you are barely smart enough to watch and understand.
Die Hard is objectively the best Christmas movie, possibly the best action film as well, of all time.

The captain was a man of faith and far too trusting. Fuck off shitters, it's part of his characterization

Wait, it doesn't make sense.

I always thought the exology was something like this: Facehugger impregnates>Xenomorph bursts from chest>Xenomorph grows>Ifthere is no queen, evolves into a queen>Begins laying eggs

How is it supposed to work if this isn't the case? Then there'd only be 1 alien at a time.

This guy gets it

Oh, that's good, you fucker.

>die hard is their favourite Christmas movie.
This is spot on. I know so many "movie buffs" like this.

He's not saying that. He's saying it's a decent movie that gets deified by simpletons who have no real knowledge of film.

>ripley
>feminist sjw
Shut the fuck up.

I mean, I liked Alien but I was less scared by it and more entertained. It seemed like a masterpiece to me at the time, but in the way that I can see how it got to that status. Didn't necessarily invoke the same feeling in me.

Aliens, on the other hand, started off a little silly, but I knew it was more of an action movie so I accepted it for what it was. Then the Alien Queen showed up, and I damn near fucking SHIT myself. It's masterful.

A perfect filmic organism.

ok me and my friends have been arguing about this all night.

David and Walter are both played by the same actor, but I swear there are tiny subtle differences between their faces. like slight cgi alterations or cosmetic changes ie. jaw/chin/brow looks ever so slightly different

and that would make sense considering they are different models. But if thats not the case and they are 100% identical then how did I and some of my friends see them as the same actor, but slightly different

>2 seconds
Nothing indicates how much time passed. Like in most movies a well. Iirc only Ressurection had an explicit time frame for the incubation. Which can canonically speed up drastically anyway.

Kane wasn't a scientist, he was some random idiot on a mining ship and he was wearing a full helmet and space suit. Nobody can really assume that some organic lifeform would be able to eat through that.

Plus he wasn't exactly sticking his nose in it if I recall, just inspecting it.

>he just pointed a camera.
Are you suggesting Scott was the DP for Alien? He was the fucking director which means he gets credit for EVERY aspect of the finished product.

Directors can order scripts to be rewritten/rewrite them themselves during production
Directors can fire actors if they aren't obeying their directorial commands and giving good performances
Directors can fire DP's if the photography sucks
etc.

Scott made the best fucking film in the franchise and he deserves that respect at least.

The technology in Alien is very dated but it's so AESTHETIC I don't care. I love Aliens but it has aged worse since it doesn't have the AESTHETIC appeal of Alien.

I heard they didn't do it because it looked (get this) too realistic and scary.

I look at what could have been, that one practical effects reel, and I fucking weep.

Kane was closer to the egg than the captain on this movie who also pointed a gun at it.

The second David said "Come, this is what I really want to show you. My successes" I kek'd like a motherfucker.

All the people who are completely shitting on Covenant are unfounded. It was a thoroughly entertaining flick, and made complete sense.

The one thing that bothers me is how David rates the aliens so highly. They are just dumb vicious animals. Humans have the capacity to create life, explore the cosmos, and make other technological wonders. If these Aliens are so "perfect" then why do they seem no more intelligent than the average human?

we can assume it was less than half a day because of the communications they were having with the covenant

David is SEETHING at humanity's inferiority so he made the xenomorph as the perfect organism to neutralize both humanity and their creators

Imagine if The Thing had a sequel called Things were, instead of anything resembling the atmosphere and tension of the original, it was about Kurt Russell quipping one liners and mowing down Things with a flamethrower.

Would that be a good movie ? Probably.
Would it be a great movie ? No.

I'm not actually the one who keeps calling the Covenant characters stupid, I just don't think Kane's actions are stupid in themselves when we compare them to characters in Covenant/Prometheus (who were in theory more educated than Kane was). Again, he's someone who is not a scientist and in full space suit, even if he did get close to an egg he had no reason to imagine that final outcome.

More likely the civilization on the Covenant planet was just another race of beings created by the Engineers.

They gathered and greeted the ship as if "the gods had returned"

Yup I don't see any way around this, it's a fuckup on the film's part. Good catch user

>shown us sketches of David attempting to design the queen in COVENANT?

I only saw Covenant once but never caught skteches of the Queen.

I hate the idea of a Queen. Reduces them to bugs.

They had subtle but noticable differences, in the way they walked, acted, spoke. It's one of the ways you can tell the big reveal right off the bat: When Daniels asks him what happened to David, he says "Expired". Walter, up to that point, would have said something like "I killed him". The small silences in the post-planet interactions with her were also big hints, because David's incorrect insistence that Walter loves Daniels are something he carried over, something he thought would make him more believable.

You mean Die Hard isn't your favorite Christmas movie?

>david is trusted by everyone without questions of doubts
Same model as theirs, made by their company. No way of knowing he was different or that androids could be deceptive or harm them intentionally.

>alien blood can't even penetrate past the skull in that one guy
Except the wound got progressively worse? It was a small amount too.

>alien knows how to operate and knows where everything is in the ship, despite him being unaware on how to kill Walter at first
It was a ship made by his company. If he didn't already have that info, he probably just downloaded it the second he came aboard.

>yet again hack "scientists" explore a world without proper gear and masks to prevent deadly viruses or bacteria from killing them.
They weren't scientists, except the nigger chick, they were a colonization team. And all the metrics and scans made the planet look safe, and it was sans-goo.

>literal comedy tier slipping in blood and shooting at the ceiling even tho proper trigger discipline will always avoid this
This was actually one of my favorite scenes. It's something not often addressed with lots of gore/blood. "M-M-Muh trigger discipline." I bet you've never shot a gun, stop parroting shit from, /k/. And training or not, IT'S A FUCKING NEVER BEFORE SEEN ALIEN. Panic and Fear are real emotions that have disastrous consequences. Fucking simpleton.

>racked and stowed guns in the armory are all preloaded for some reason
such a fucking spergy complaint

>hey lets split up on this completely unknown planet so I can take mud samples, no masks or gloves required
PLANET SCANS it was ostensibly safe

>tiny neomorph comes out of my partner's back, better go grab a knife while it struggles to even breath because it was just fucking born and wave it at it from 10meters instead of squashing it or stabbing it before it can even stand up
FEAR PANIC are you a child? No one would react with logic upon seeing something like that for the first time.