Civil War

What went so fucking right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahía_Kino
youtube.com/watch?v=xyGwMqMCta4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The airport fight, and that's it.

They put the Marvel Studios logo at the start so I knew it was supposed to be good.

Kicking Perlmutter and his cronies out of Marvel Studios.

Marvel has finally stopped taking itself so seriously and hiding behind the satire quips.

Directors that could juggle so many moving parts & ongoing arcs effectively instead of making them all audibly clunk.
Although maybe that was actually down to the editorial shakeup and dissolution of the creative committee, idk.

I THOUGHT IT WAS A WATER TRUCK

>was going to throw an airplane wing at Rhodey

WOW

Look man, Im a fan of DC too. But bashing Marvel wont make our films any better. Its not like people are praising Thor 2, they know when Marvel fucks up and so should we

He didn't fly so good.

If I pull the regulator off, you will die?

Nothing.

There's a lot of great shit in that movie, and it's in my top tier. The writers found a way to merge what was obviously a planned WS sequel with the studio demanded CW, and between them and the directors managed to actually make a good movie. It had a few issues here and there in my opinion, but it was a big win overall.

I'm just kinda sad that there is so much company wars salt that some people couldn't enjoy it. Oh, well...their loss.

Marvel bias is seeping from the comics to the movies

>our films

Terrio get the fuck back to work.

>a big guy crashes a plane

They tried that with Thor 2 also though

>Marvel has finally stopped taking itself so seriously and hiding behind the satire quips.

You know that's a contradictory statement, right?

Besides, if anything, TWS and CW took themselves much more seriously than most other Marvel movies.

Watched it on Sunday. Literally anything except the airport fight was meh.
Maybe creepy Vision was above meh too. Maybe.

>noone lived

Not in the sense of realism. Maybe TWS but Civil War finally through it out the window. In previous Marvel movies anytime something was unrealistic they felt the need to have a satirical joke about it to offset it. Now after Antman and GOTG they are finally embracing that these movies dont need to be grounded in realism. Im fact people like them a lot more if they aren't.

It's because the movie as a whole wasn't trying to resolve anything.

There was no big bad for everybody to team up and beat. There was no message about saving mankind or whatever. That's usually what makes Marvel movies leave a bad taste in the mouth.

In this movie, it was just people arguing and fighting each other. Not hard to make a good entertaining film out of that.

When are we supposed to pretend we hated it the entire time?

Sup Forums will tell us.

Sup Forums already calls it shit.

Maybe it's just because Ant-Man is a rookie superhero but I felt the using a plane wing to fight was a bit too collateral damage-y for me. I thought superheroes were more responsible than that.

>There was no big bad for everybody to team up and beat.
I'm actually so glad the final act wasn't Steve and Tony fighting Russian super soldiers. So tired of the 'We must put aside our differences to stop the greater evil!' trope.

Sup Forums calls everything shit unless it's actually shit in which case it's kino.

>scot lang ant man
>robin hood thief powered by ANTS
>responsible
Nah

It was aight. Nothing special as far as movies go, but it was pretty fun all in all.

Yeah, but it hasn't told you to call it shit yet. Don't worry; you'll get the e-mail when it's decided.

The fuck is kino?

>trying to resolve anything
>does a hero fight for his ideals or the will of his people
>is more govt regulation and bureacracy really a good thing?
>Cap and Tony get personal
>Cap ends up in Wakands refuge against the UN and Tony
>no conflict
No You move, fag stinky dummy pants

>kino

made me google it

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahía_Kino

German/Russian for cinema. Often used to describe European art films. Sup Forums now uses it to describe movies they like (or pretend to like).

I think he means there was no helicarrier to stop, no cube to find, no saving the president, etc. Stopping Zemo was the secondary focus of the story, and trying to do so turned everyone on their heads.

Angry Iron Man is almost as scary as angry Spider-Man.

None of this would have escalated if it was a water truck.

I thought Thor 2 was ok

>an invincible flying killer robot that's trying to vaporise you without saying anything

If anything, Scott being irresponsible while becoming a giant is pretty in-character

It would be extremely painful

4 u

This movie has made me even more excited for Ant Man and the Wasp. Dont know who the villain will be, but upgraded Scott and Hope is a big plus for me

Spider-Man

I loved it. It was Paul Rudd being Paul Rudd. What could go wrong? It would have been even better with Ants.

youtube.com/watch?v=xyGwMqMCta4

Good things
>Personal stakes for all the characters
>interesting use of everyone's superpowers
>Black Widow and Hawkeye don't have to help the actual superheroes fight a CGI army again
>Villain doesn't have any snark at all

Bad things
>Sokovia accords are barely needed for the conflict we see it should have been excised to focus on Cap defecting to protect Bucky
>Elizabeth Olson wouldn't be banging Vision or his spooky red face

Thor 2 wasn't bad, though. When you're worst movie is "just ok", that's pretty good. To do as many movies as they've done and not have at least one of them be a pile of shit is a pretty good accomplishment.

It was kino.

It was okay. Better than Age of Ultron, not as good a Winter Soldier. Had some tonal inconsistencies (as much as I love Spider-man in CW, he's completely out of place in the movie when you compare his scenes to shit like the final Cap/Iron Man confrontation), potentially interesting issue of whether or not superheros should be regulated was thrown out in favor of a less compelling personal conflict where only Iron Man's side felt well-written, and while the action was very good the sheer amount of it got tiresome. 6/10, made me excited for Spider-man: Homecoming.

I hope we get Angry Spider-Man in one of his MCU movies. I mean, I know Spider-Man 3 did it but it was kinda dumb. I want someone to piss Spider-Man off so he goes postal on a villain. Teenagers are emotional, right?

You're a giant man.

It was really well-balanced considering how many characters they have to deal with, even the introduction of BP and Spider-man makes me more excited for their own movie

it was shit

why did antman join caps side? because he met falcon once?

What I liked is that it finally felt serious rather then just having a serious tone. The biggest problem with other marvel movies, especially AoU, was the fact that it was supposed to be SUPER SERIOUS THE WORLD IS GOING TO END oh and everyone is making jokes oh boy are we having a great time.

It felt like they finally figured out how to melt all the characters together without having to reduce it to toilet humor bullshit. No character was forced to be something they weren't just to force it to fit.

And thank god they didn't change ANTS. That would have ruined it if they forced Lang to change his tone.

Falcon suggested him because they needed help from super people who weren't part of the avengers, I'm assuming he agreed to help because he idolized Cap and was honored that they came to him for help.

I don't fucking know, him and Spider-Man are awkwardly included for the sake of having the big airport fight.

That bitter as fuck "my father" line that Tony gave at the end. Perfect conclusion in my mind, I don't care if they kiss and make up afterward.

also keep in mind that Pym really disliked Tony because he thought Tony was trying to steal his tech, so some of that might have rubbed off onto Scott.

That's definitely true, but he agreed to helping Cap before he even knew he was going up against Iron Man.

Agreed, best part of the movie for me.

Literally everything.

They made that one cool scene and then put 2 incredibly dull hours around it

>There are people who like Stock villain 43286865: Codename Sockface

They took the ''hero infighting'' part of the Civil War comics and ignored the rest.

>only ONE barefoot scene
Nothing went right.

>Thor 2 wasn't bad, though

Yes it was

Because Fuck his daughter, right? Cap had to drag somebody in who had absolutely nothing to do with the conflict, nothing to gain and everything to lose because he's just selfish like that

He was already a criminal.

>Thor 2 wasn't bad though

Okay, I'm going to break it down since you can't be trusted with an opinion.

The only good movies Marvel has are Iron Man, Winter Soldier, and GotG.

The rest have been more or less okay, but nothing really special.

Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 were right shite.

Better than Batman V Superman.

>Cap had to drag somebody in who had absolutely nothing to do with the conflict, nothing to gain and everything to lose because he's just selfish like that
Sort like Tony with Spidey?

The worst thing about Thor 2 is how they made monumental status quo changes to Thor's world, and yet for Thor, it still just felt like villain-of-the-week somehow. I would have liked there to be a lot more Pathos in the final battle between Thor and the guy who killed his mother, but instead they mostly played the fight for laugh, and even in the theater, that felt subtly wrong and gross. Everything with Loki was great, and the movie effectively works much more as a Loki story than a Thor one, but I can't honestly say you'd need to sacrifice Loki's story to make Thor's journey work, because a lot of the scenes with the human side cast where they were just giving them things to do just because felt loosely edited and dragged too long, and many of them should have been cut for the sake of the movie overall.

I thought it was kind of boring.

Yeah, that has no bearing on Thor 2's shittiness.

A pile of shit doesn't stop being shit because there's a worse one down the road

No because Spider-Man is literally the opposite. He was acting legally and had everything to gain by partnering with Stark

At the end of the film he was having dinner with his daughter so, no.

OK

Best MCU Loki and Thor, I liked short titcow girl.
It's fine-good, I'd rather watch it than most action movies that show up on cable networks. If they would just ditch Portman and the underwear jokes they could make a genuinely great Thor movie. Good thing they're trading Jane Foster for Bruce Banner.

They weren't out for blood, they just wanted to stop the opposition for whatever reason, which was fleshed out throughout the movie.

That's normie bullshit.

Civil War clearly took itself serious, it's the darkest MCU movie so far.

Even though the Iron Man vs Cap and Bucky fight didn't happen yet, I still felt like they were going to end with a team-up against 5 super soldiers.

That subversion was great. The fight has a clear winner and Zemo's plan is only foiled when Cap forgives Iron Man. Best ending to a Marvel movie even if TWS was probably better overall.

Spidey didnt need to partner with Tony at all. He was doing fine on his own and is more than capable of doing better as he goes on with his career. Tony put him in a life threatening situation because he wanted more fire power on his side.

Cap movies tend to be

>Sort like Tony with Spidey?
Spidey was gonna get MONEY and wouldn't have gotten thrown into jail. There's also the fact that he's super humanly stronger than Cap's rest (Scarlet Witch and Ant-Man being the only real "threats" to him) and that Tony trusts Cap wouldn't use lethal force. I mean, scaled up for the person in question.

Would you care to elaborte on what made it so unforgivably horrible or are you just going to look like you're full of shit?

The richest man in the world who is at the forefront of cutting age technology just offered Parker the Supernerd a job. Tony was wrong to get Spider-Man involved, I'm not arguing with that but Peter really did have so much to gain. The kids poor as fuck

>What went so fucking right?

>Bucky became an actual character aside from muh memories
>Falcon became an actual character aside from muh dick sucking, muh jobbing, muh on your left, muh don't tell cap, muh IM CLEARLY A SIDEKICK DON'T RESPECT ME
>Black Widow not being so insufferably a sjw girl power icon. Having more women to spread this shit out more evenly and not so obnoxiously is the best thing the MCU has going for it right now.
>Spider-man and Ant-Man being so insanely, straight from the pages, cheesy, light hearted and comic-like
>Black Panther capturing enough of the African culture nods without being blatantly racist, or annoyingly sensitive toward racism
>Both sides had valid points, Russos claimed they wouldn't pick a side and they didn't
>Final fight had nothing to do about the Civil War, was pure emotion
>Hawkeye banter, Vision and Wanda scenes, Falcon - Bucky rivalry, the characterization in general was better than both Avengers
>Plant yourself like a tree reference
>Civil War cover (we knew it would happen, still got my giddy)

And of course the airport scene which, in my opinion, (finally) dethroned the SM2 train scene.

Was Tony's memory-tech foreshadowing something?

memory tech+ lmd= your friends and loved ones never die

That's not what he's saying though.

It's able to take itself seriously because they removed all the self-referential/self-conscious quipping that was only a result of being afraid that audiences wouldn't suspend disbelief.

Now that that's proven wrong and we know audiences want this, Marvel feels safe producing stories that are "Darker" in a way where they take the story seriously, not the business.

Thor 2 made invading a kingdom of gods and killing their queen feel monumentally unimportant.
The threat of destroying the entire fucking universe literally didn't seem to matter.
Thors hammer has never done anything to prove it's value in these movies. It seems like a common weapon that basically anyone can bat away but every once in a while picking it up is the most important thing that ever happened.
Thor is a dropped ball.

>that weird as fuck tonal whiplash
Why though? One minute it's fun and jokes, the next it's Iron Man trying to murder Bucky.

because movies arent for autists

>watching a disney movie

Don't forget that the end of the world was literally a Farce.

the invasion of asgard was great, it's in the second half centered on malekith and earth that it goes to shit

This, the first what, 15 minutes is awesome what the hell?

All I want is one Thor movie just off of Earth. Just away from Portman and her crazy ass friends.

Trips and dubs checked

I'm not going to say that the invasion of Asgard didn't LOOK cool. It did user.
The problem is that we haven't seen Asgard kick an armies ass ever. I mean I suppose they beat the Frost Giants but that felt like equal footing to me.
The Asgardians don't feel powerful and important. The fun part of Thor is the mythic proportions he works at. Pewpew spaceship lasers don't feel mythic.
Didn't you like that Thors hammer would fly through portals and get lost? Wasn't that just so much FUN?
This is the biggest problem with Thor- Mjolnir is a joke.

Then you're going to Ragnarok. I think Marvel has realized they have to build cosmic and without F4 rights that's going to be very hard