What's the verdict on this kino? Worth 20 dollars?

What's the verdict on this kino? Worth 20 dollars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gNsKfsgK-HQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yify when

It retcons Prometheus into obscurity while simultaneously being better than it.

Those factors in themselves make it a decent movie.

I don't know it was well made but I was just kind of bored by it, I nodded off in the middle a couple times

>20 dollars
Nigga see it tonight. Most movie theaters have discount Tuesday. Going to see it in imax for 5 bucks.

Movie tickets are $20 today? What the fuck?

Good goy, pay $20 for a single viewing, and make sure to watch ova 30 minutes of commercials before it starts! Also don't forget your $12.00 popcorn and $8.00 soda!

too soon

It would barely be worth it if it was free, and that's only if you have absolutely nothing else of value to do for 2 hours

No. There's a camrip of it up right now. I just finished watching it and it was shit. Literally the same thing as the Force Awakens is for Star Wars

>he didn't get to enjoy the surround sound of the jewish chick getting beheaded

I wonder if Ridley Scott is secretly Sup Forums because he killed the interracial couple as well and the only people who survived were white

Nope. the whole story is that an android is butthurt about not being loved so he tries to kill everyone, including all the people who could answer the existential questions of Prometheus. So it turns into another bullshit monster movie with a terribly motivated villain

You can discover every twist in the first 10 minutes. Torrent or stay away

>racemix in space
>immediately murdered by giant space bug
>be jewish in space
>murdered by giant white murder-bug
>Walter is literally just a German officer with an American accent
>the Eternal Anglo is the ultimate villain
Yeah Ridley Scott must be turning into the "racist grandpa" stereotype, except he has access to millions in funding for his meme movies.

It was a 6/10. There was some fascinating stuff about it but also stupidity. From a directing standpoint it's also one of Ridley's most generic works. He often shows creatures in full with wacky CGI, shakes the camera for no good reason, and has massively over the top action sequences. The ending was great. You see it coming after a certain scene but the execution was perfect.
I know a lot of people are gonna hate the explanation they give for the proto-xenos, but there's something inherently chilling to me about it all. An Android, so imbued with logic and mathematical perfection totally submits and call the xenos the perfect organism. It's like the movie says- the created are supposed to improve upon the creators, and since David usurped both humans and engineers he believes he creates perfection. I'll take that over Aliens' xeno-bugs any day.

But David isn't perfect. He's wrong about the author of that Shelly poem and Walter corrects him. If anything Walter is the best since he's correct, is unburdened by emotions and is able to make sound judgement calls through his own intelligence (which is superior to David's)

Walter also judged David's work to be an abomination and because Walter is smarter than David I would say Walter has the final say. Also the Black Goo was engineered by the Engineers so they're still the best creators.

More entertaining than Prometheus. I'd say it's worth it.

Of course, that's why I said what "he believes he creates perfection." His creations aren't exactly the real Xenomorphs yet either, I think. IIRC David also mentioned that he studied and iterated upon the Engineer's work, so I'd still attribute these creatures to him.
Walter outsmarting David a few times was a lot of fun to watch, and I agree that as an objective source he'd typically be fine. However, it's also mentioned that Walter doesn't even have the capacity to create, which might have affected his judgement.

The whole perfect organism thing falls flat for me when so much time was spent showing David's artistry. He appreciated art more than a snob in the Hamptons, so he creates a dumbass killing machine? Not interested in bootstrapping himself to create a super AI? Why didnt he just create the world's sickest flute band?

Picture in your mind the year 2100. Man has mastered space travel and is capable of reaching other galaxies.

And yet they still use weapons from the 1960s...

>paying more than 10 dollars to get in

How does it retcon Prometheus?

If I was in the movie I would have immediately shot David in the face upon seeing he had cut his hair

What other reason would he have had other to impersonate Walter the others were retarded to not notice that immediately

it's kind of annoying when aliens had so many awesome iconic sci-fi prop designs

It's the worst alien movie but it has quips so 8/10

Tfw I go to the Alamo Drafthouse which charges $6 for a ticket and no commercials and $7 popcorn with unlimited refills

I for one really enjoyed it. People who are butthurt wanted a continuation of the retardation in Prometheus but thankfully Scott was smart enough to ditch that and go for some thing different.

Why the nigra fucking the hottest white girl then?

You obviously didn't watch the movie because David isn't butthurt about not being loved, it's butthurt about humans not letting him be anything but a tool. It thinks that humans are inferior in every way and the fact that they don't let it create or think for itself infuriates it. So with the black goo, it can create organism while killing inferior humans. Two birds, one stone
Dumbass

Well for one its a space horror/slasher AS ALIEN SHOULD BE. And really thats all that fucking matters.

I paid 6.50 and sat with no refreshments at a nice early screening in a charmingly shit neighborhood theater. I was honestly worried about picking up chiggers from the seats but I haven't noticed anything yet, knock on wood.

None of these films has been truly excellent since Aliens. Not a one, get absolutely and one hundred percent fucked you wrong contrarian idiot Alien 3 apologists. That said, once you make some peace with the money machine, you can enjoy the treatments as a monster of the week thing.

The present installment is of roughly same overall quality as Alien 3, and its immediate predecessor in the sense that all films feature very stupid, unlikeable and otherwise forgettable characters, but nevertheless play with themes of life and death and purpose in an interesting way to pass the time. And even these lesser entries are all, every single one of them, clearly better than the execrable Resurrection.

I think that this is a big uniting theme of these lesser entries: they do have some art and sensibility to them. They're all clearly /trying/, just never succeeding. But the effort makes the screening worth it.

And it's something to look at and talk about. Another monster picture with some art references. But not Art.

I agreed with you until you gave the okay to pay money for this film.

Don't pay for this shit. This franchise needs to die out already ffs.

Bullets are probably cheap to make in 2100 and energy/electronic weapons can easily be disabled by EM bursts. Clockwork never malfunctions and can always be fixed. Reminds me of that SG-1 episode where Teal'c's staff didnt work because of a EM field but O'niel's rifle worked fine.

Ridley should have left it to Trigger

It's not even worth 20 cents.

You mean worse than Prometheus.

Yes.

It's better than the AvP Movies at least. But Kino is it not. The first two Alien Movies are still the best. More like slightly better than Alien 3. Covenant is upsetting but leave you wanting to see what happens next.

Okay internet warrior, lets just have a cool discussion please

>SG-1

Thanks for reminding me that there will never be another SG series.

Yes it's 100% worth your time. It's a good movie. Don't listen to some of the shit you hear about it on this board. People just love to complain and pretend to be intellectuals. It isn't perfect, it has pacing issues, its been heavily trimmed down, it isn't the 1979 GOAT, but it is a good film and worth a viewing.

no, its garbage

you'd be constantly face-palming yourself on how utter stupid and over dramatic the humans are

the neomorphs are just recoloured xenomorphs but without acid blood

Except that David was basically allowed to do anything he wanted, they started adding restrictions in models that came after David's.

the neomorphs didn't have acid blood?
didn't the worm aliens in prometheus have acid blood?

could be wrong but i dont remember the neomorphs having acid blood

doesnt help that the camera tends to go apeshit when they are in the scene except for the last 1

I loved Prometheus

Will I like this shit fest?

To answer the question as to whether or not it's worth the monetary value of a ticket at your local theater...

You need to answer that for yourself based on your financial situation and how much you want to see this movie or how interested in Alien/Prometheus you are.

Don't let shills and fake intellectuals on Sup Forums tell you what to do with your 20 buck user.

the only really stupid part is the "we hate this guy because he's religious" aspect with the captain when he doesn't make decisions different from anyone else. maybe the idea is that atheists are assholes.

do you think Walter got into the Covenant ship?

The religious are prone to flights of fancy and going off-script. Not good if you're doing a human colonization mission. Case in point: This Movie.

So what will David do with all of the embryos and colonists on the ship? Will that planet become the xeno homeworld or something? Also if thats his plan, why would he record a log?

If Discovery and Orville are successful the odds will be better for more SG.

>paying to get in

>watching Hannibal in space
nope. watch the camrip if curious.

the only one who objected to going on the planet was the girl. and it didn't even make much sense considering she was the one whose partner died in the pod. it was poorly written if they were trying to make religious people look bad.

>Getting in

>Also if thats his plan, why would he record a log?

So that other human missions pick up the recording and go directly to the newly created xeno world and get buttfucked.

this. and i dont give a fuck what anyone else says. It dragged the shitty lore of Prometheus back into something resembling the alien universe, and actually manages to make Prometheus feel necessary in the process. My gf saw Covenenant with me, having seen Alien and Aliens but not Prometheus, then I showed her Prometheus the day after because she loved Covenant, and we couldn't even finish it. Holy fuck the writing and pacing is awful. It is barely watchable compared to Covenant. I went in expecting a 5/10 but I would probably give Covenant a 7.5 or maybe even 8/10. From memory i gave Prometheus a 6/10 but upon rewatching it's more like a 4. Once the hype from Prometheus's trailer finally wears off, you realize it is an absolutely abhorrent 'flick'

I doubt he'd start a xeno planet. Too impractical.

Shaw was religious, and her faith was a key part of her character. I think nu-captain's character was supposed to have more exploration of his demeanor and it probably got edited out. Odds are the "religious people like us" chat at the start of the film was meant more to build an idea of how leadership was chosen.

It's no aliens but it's ok.

I don't care if you dislike the movie but at least base your criticisms on things that are actually true.

Hence why it's so pissed that something inferior to it wouldn't allow it to do anything but follow orders

>It dragged the shitty lore of Prometheus back into something resembling the alien universe

Literally the exact opposite of how I felt. AC made me actually appreciate Prometheus which is unbelievably when I think how disappointing that movie was. It retconned any interesting idea that Prometheus. And if terrifying, engineered bio weapon monsters weren't enough, everyone is a complete retard and the movie is running on horror movie logic.

>He doesn't work at a theater
>He doesn't get to see movies for free as well as see early screenings

Gonna go see Pirates tomorrow lads

>Create the 'perfect organism'
>It fumbles over an active flame vent, reeees and runs straight into a crane claw

I wonder how David felt watching that.

An abortion, avoid at all costs.
>no helmets, which would have really helped considering they would have made literally nothing go wrong infection wise til meeting david.
>literally drag infected crew member back to ship even though he is coughing alien ebola blood all over your face
>2 people slipping on blood in first action scene like clowns
>little neomorphs are either capped on evasion or relatively immune to bullets yet grow up into tall possible petmorphs that die quickly
>follow the android who just tried to turn the alien murderer of ur crewmate into a pet by lovingly blowing on his face(androids dont have lungs either btw)
>follow him to his dungeon of secrets and mystery and shove ur face into a strange egg
>terminator fight between droids which shows walter healing making the 'twist' more laughable than the happening
>interracial sex scene so the movie can be a slasher for all of 3 minutes and so they could put it in the trailer
>near identical fast forwarded repeat of Alien for the last 30min as they battle the alien

It's just stupid, through and through. No one is capable of the simplest thoughts, aliens are invincible or roll over dead depending on whats needed for plot progression and the movie can't decide what it wants to be throughout the entirety and felt like a band-aid to quickly erase prometheus and retcon a ton of shit.

This entire movie was akin to charlize theron running from the donut ship in a straight line.

the fuck? it costs like $12aud at my local cinema

And yeah most of the david/walter fassbender scenes are good

I prefer making something more than minimum wage, actually.

I really don't understand the hate, it was such a big improvement on Prometheus and I actually liked that films.

The ending was fucking phenomenal and hype as fuck too, even though you seen it coming a mile off. David is the greatest villain of our generation.

youtube.com/watch?v=gNsKfsgK-HQ

Watch Prometheus back-to-back with Covenant. The writing in Covenant makes Prometheus unwatchable by comparison. I could not stop cringing trying to rewatch it. I'm not saying Covenant is fantastic either, the horror movie logic is definitely there, but the characters in Prometheus seem completely devoid of any internal logic whatsoever, and instead seem like they are walking from set-piece to set-piece to hit the necessary marks so they could have all of the cool scenes from the trailer. Prometheus does not even feel like a real movie to me

this movie is about David the wacky genocidal space android. The aliens are there just to be there, they could have had Resident Evil Tyrants and leapers and it would have been about the same

She had some god tier plumper dumper tiddies tbqh my dude.

I loved how he played along to test them against each other. Maybe Daniels will get a special prize for winning.

OP don't even bother with a VHS camrip

Its a gorgeous movie, incredibly shot. The first act has the same creeping tensness that ALIEN had but the second half gets really balls out crazy.

Its pretty predictable even past the obvious. Lots of stupid decisions by the crew members leading to deaths. Theres a few holes in the story but all in all its a lot more of what you'd want to see in a movie. 3rd best ALIEN movie. Michael Fassbender kills the role and Danny McBride wasnt terrible.

7.5/10

Why didn't Mother/Walter immediately retract the solar sails when the pulse was detected?
Why were the stasis pods held up with twine and designed to burst into flames when lightly jostled?
How come a highly advanced spaceship couldn't detect the simple fact that a planet had zero life forms present?
Who the fuck is still addicted to smoking in the far future?
Why did Franco's character marry a woman with the mental fortitude of a 3 year old?
How could a 20 pound alien newborn the size of a housecat kill two grown women with training and access to weaponry?
Was that chick about to take off her shirt before the neomorph killed her?
Would the neomorph have attacked David or allowed him to mount it?
Why did the Captain trust David enough to follow him down to his rape dungeon and even believe him when he says the eggs are safe to inspect?
Where did Daniels find to time to give herself several testosterone injections right before the climax of the movie?
Why was Franco's character completely unperturbed by the sight of the alien crawling along the underside of the ship despite the fact this was his first time seeing one in the movie?
Why did the company choose to hire navigators who become incredibly horny when a large chunk of their friends are brutally killed?
Why is the ships alarm so quiet in the showers?
Why did Ridley use the cabin plot device to reveal the Walter/David twist instead of the nail wound? The fuck was the point of the nail?

Dont forget how he killed off the fags

The look on his face said it all
>well, damn

And not just killed them but pretty much edited their relationship out of the movie.

the whole David arch is about creation. He wanted to create something. To be a creator. Somebody created humans and he believed he could do better. He wasnt butthurt, just egotistical

I'm watching the movie right now and the main problem I see is the nigger is flying the ship and not killed off by the alien fast enough.

he's not flying the ship he's the assistant to the guy flying the ship

If you hadnt watched the "Meet the Crew" promo, you wouldve never known.

Give it time

>Dude it is hard enough to believe in ayy lmaos and shit.

But fucking Tyrone being smart enough to keep his pants on a pilot a ship. Shit is making my head hurt

All these questions are retarded but I gotta agree the David is the android reveal at the end was weak

>Ask a male to do something for you
>He doesn't immediately agree
>SOMETHING IS WRONG

I think it was more of the face David had.
He never knew about the promise with the other droid (Can't remember what his name was), so it caught him off guard when she asked.

I don't understand at all how anyone could think covenant was better than prometheus.

Prometheus was by no means a great movie but at the very least it set up it's characters, in covenant shit hits the fan by minute 5 and you have no idea who these people are or what their relationship is to one another, they only exist to be fucked up by aliens later on and you don't even care when they do get fucked up.

Oh and of course the dumb "professionals" who despite not knowing anything other than this planet is earth like decide it's completely fine to walk around an alien world without any kind of protection from alien organisms other than a fucking gun (this was also the case with prometheus but at least they initially wore helmets and shit)

It also really grinds my gears they they completely scrapped the ending of prometheus for the cliche horror route. Granted, it was never going to be as cool as I would have liked it to be but I at least wanted to know SOMETHING about the engineers and what they were like and what their motives were but instead david just decides to fucking murder them all and we get zero answers about any of the questions posed in prometheus (oh and shaw dies off screen lel).

Then the latter half of the movie just does what every other alien movie before has done and I don't care because I've already seen it and it didn't do anything to distinguish it self from all the rest.

It's not a terrible movie and I didn't want to kill my self while I was watching it but it could have been so much more interesting. The scenes with walter and david were really the only thing that kept me all that entertained and really fassbender is carrying this movie on his back.

I very much agree with the sentiment that this movie was dragged down by having the alien franchise attached to it.

>he can't afford going to the movies and get concessions
Broke ass fuck

Prometheus is more original and interesting but deeply flawed.

Covenant is a safe, entertaining horror flick.

>'oram' is latin for frontier, and portuguese for pray
Scott you sneak fucker.

20 dollars? Fuck off, tickets in my country are 3,50 and the theaters are excellent

Will you use that excuse when movie tickets are $30?
$40?

>Prometheus more original
>the movie that is closer to a carbon copy of Alien

>Covenant is safe
>the movie that's the biggest departure in the entire franchise

NOW I AM HALF WAY IN THE FUCKING MOVIE

NIGGER IS STILL ALIVE

Is this supposed to be trolling or something?

is that supposed to be an argument?

I just don't understand how anyone could actually think that because it is so monumentally wrong.

Waterston was such a QT

are tickets really $20 in the USA? that's why movies make billions now lmao, fucking 3rd world countries...

He wanted her to know. He wants her to sleep in that pod for seven years, having nightmares the whole time about being killed by an evil android. David is not a very nice guy.