Why is Russia so poor?

Why is Russia so poor?

Other urls found in this thread:

pewglobal.org/2015/07/08/mapping-the-global-population-how-many-live-on-how-much-and-where/
person-agency.ru/salary.html
unz.com/akarlin/made-in-russia/
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/92/Annual_Average_Temperature_Map.png
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because the end of communism crushed russia

capitalism

What was the big boom in 07/08? Did they really benefit from the housing bubble and other shit in the west? Or is that reflecting high oil prices?

>entire country splits apart
>act surprised when half of the industry, natural resources, population, and wealth of the Soviet Union is now in different countries
>f-fucking capitalism
Also
>german
>Soviet loving gommie cuckold
Wew

Because it's nigeria with snow. Even brasil and india have more tech industry than russia.

Russia was also poor during communism but it was different kind of poorness

T-I-G-E-R-S

Here's the one just for Russia

Most likely russian in Germany

The entire world was having an economic boom before the american housing bubble fucked everything up.

And it's not that bad on a global scale

No I'm a bot

When's the last time you bought a russian smart phone?

desu china is much better off unless you're a poorfag living in a rural area. in cities they already have decent wages.

lol

Communists don't understand basic economics. The concepts of productivity and efficiency are completely foreign to them.

>compared to a bunch of shitty third world countries, this former super power with the GDP of Italy isn't so bad off

The question shouldn't be why is Russia poor. The question should be will Russia ever be rich?

It's funny how you can see how the ryssä economy fluctuates with demand for gas and oil while the chinese gdp just keeps climbing steadily.

These countries are home of like 80% of the world's population so yeah
"Nigeria with snow" is a pretty retarded statement

Relax already, two threads were enough. Tech industry is important and all, but when we turned towards capitalism it was already kinda late to start competing with tech giants from the US and Europe, so we can only provide the markets with natural resources, weaponry, food and specialized equipment, which isn't as popular as smartphones.

Also our government is corrupted and people are still in apathy since the late 80es, but that's another question.

Now can you guys please leave us alone?

>"Nigeria with snow" is a pretty retarded statement
You are right Nigeria is actually improving unlike this shithole. Africa in general becoming better than r*ssia every year.

Its Finland, their entire national identity revolves around Russia and the Winter War, so their butthurt is infinite

I never did get an answer out of you. Why is it that there are no russian tech companies?

And please don't incoherently mumble something about cosmonauts and oil but clearly and loudly address the fact that there are zero relevant tech companies in russia.

>Now can you guys please leave us alone?
How about you leave world alone?

desu just that one user. however i've never understood that butthurt argument why would any finn have reason to be butthurt about russia?

>The question should be will Russia ever be rich?
Answer is no.

>ethical behaviors of firms etc
Those are the most useless stats you could possibly come up with

You know what's even funnier? Russians like you need to compare their countries to irrelevant specs of dust like finland just to feel good about themselves. And then you turn around and proudly declare that you're a global superpower. Imagine if an american did that. How pathetic would it be?

Winter War, Karelia, Viipurii...

Things no one cares about these days other than autists. Doesn't butthurt mean something jealously?

>Western Sahara Republic
>French Guiana

How are they so much better than everyone else?

nigeria with snow lmoa

Serious question are you here 24/7?

Not butthurt usually means that someone is irrationally angered or needlessly bitter about something.

literally nigeria

literally

We have plenty of companies that were presented to you in the first thread, but they are not relevant, because they are not as experienced, rich and popular abroad as their opponents, that's a loop. There, I said it, are you happy now?
>mumbling
Stop provoking me, I did no such thing. I only said, that the populist tech industry like smartphones != all economy.
And I seriously ask you to stop this shitposting, as user to user.
Same about you, your posts are becoming irritatingly similar and unfunny even by 2ch dot hk /po/ standards.

How about you post average salaries. Well don't worry i will do that for you.

nigeria

Oh boy
They really don't like it when you point out that russia is a poor shithole
"Nigeria with snow" seems to hit the spot especially bad.

>the asshurt ITT

>russia
>high income
12 000/year is a top tier salary in Russia. My friend earns just 600€ and he says that's above average

And you know who are smartest people in Russia? Caucasians. They all get 100/100 in USE.
Really proud of them, unfortunately russian results are much poorer especially in russian language surprisingly.

the most iconic Finnish building is a cathedral built by Russia

yes also check this out pewglobal.org/2015/07/08/mapping-the-global-population-how-many-live-on-how-much-and-where/
The overwhelming majority of Russians belong to the middle to upper-middle income bracket

>Venezuela
>High income

No one forced you to come to this thread or Crimea for that matter.

carl ludvig engel was a german tho

>The overwhelming majority of Russians belong to the middle to upper-middle income bracket

>The overwhelming majority of Russians belong to the middle to upper-middle income bracket

supreme wew

Damn you just refuted all of my points with that one post! Great job

NIGERIA

WITH

SNOW

Do you really think your reaction images proves me wrong, I posted actual statistics you poorfag

>These countries are home of like 80% of the world's population so yeah
"Nigeria with snow" is a pretty retarded statement

>no arguments
as expected

lack of diversification, still depends on commodity?

>as expected

Best part is he's using PPP to determine middle class. In that case 60% of nigerians belong in the middle to upper middle class. Just like russians :^)

This bullshit map uses official russian "statistics"
person-agency.ru/salary.html
Actual russians earn 3 600 dollars/year

and he's also steering very clear of any charts showing median incomes in Russia compared to Europe.

Data provided by the world bank fag

It literally doesn't you low IQ retard, how about you read what I have posted

>Data provided by the world bank fag
If they use they retarded estimations it's even more useless than russian statistics. I provided data from actual people

>Canada
>UK

T O P F U C K I N G K E K

Yes. Open the link you brainlet. Read it you brainlet instead of dumping the same shit in every single thread without having a clue.

Inflation hit hard their economy. Look at that PPP., fucking savage.

>let me tell you about your country

>35-65 is the same as 220

>Literally Uganda tier

>Uganda 6.5% HIV
>Russia 1.1% HIV
Yep, literally the same

I will go now

Firstly being that no one is buying Russian oil.

Secondly being that Russia lacks common access to sea based transportation. Leaving them, for the most part, reliant on land based transport which is times more expensive. This coupled with the fact that the Russian government has to send out supplies to remote towns and regions past the Urals and into Siberia, means that the Russian government is actually losing shit loads of money from keeping remote towns and communities going.

And thirdly, Russian oil and mineral exploration must move outwards, past the Urals, and eventually into Siberia. The further out they move, explore and gather, the less economically viable it is to use expensive land based transport to move it through the unfavorable conditions, thousands of kilometers all the way back to the greater Moscow area. Should Russia move so far out into the wilderness, that oil and minerals wouldnt turn a net gain.

Doesn't Canada have similar geographical problems?

What about the complete lack of economic diversification and banana republic tier dependence on a few specific natural resources?

Sounds ironic cause you're making/participating threads about "how bad Russia is" almost everyday for the last week.
Get a life, kid.

I'm not the one you're talking about. There's more finnish posters you know.
I don't really have anything against Russia

unz.com/akarlin/made-in-russia/

And what's with another guy then? Let's say, you all have proved your point on Russia being poor. What's next?

Wrong pic

did someone say russians can't innovate in tech?

>What's next?
I guess amerimutt, poo in the loo and sweden yes are getting old

Whatever. Time to sleep.

>Oil is of course even more important than that as it has direct knock on effects to other industries. A paper from the highly respected Bank of Finland economic analysis team (BOFIT) tried to assess exactly how important oil and gas are to the Russian economy. It adjusted the number up to about 25% of GDP and made this conclusion: “When adjusted to reflect the oil and gas sector’s actual contribution to GDP, Russia is on par with Norway (Table 2). This is much less than traditional oil states such as Saudi Arabia, which generates about half of its GDP directly from the oil and gas sector.”
Russia is Norway confirmed

>“Ten years ago the Russian budget balanced if oil was around $20 a barrel; today it needs to be around $103.”
>Yeah, and ten years ago you could buy a coffee in London for 50p and not the £5 a cup it costs now. This “balance-the-budget” price of oil is another myth.
Russiaboos really are delusional not even our paid propagandists say this shit.

They are poor in the brain, not in resources. They've accepted poverty which their upper class can exploit. See also: Brazil, India etc.

Horrible corruption multiplied by inefficient size and shitty climate.

Africa tier. And I thought Lithuania was the Africa of Europe.

Russia is a large country. Not every place has a shitty climate

Also
>urea

Kuban is more or less ok, other regions are ugh.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/92/Annual_Average_Temperature_Map.png