So I just started watching Episode 1, what's the general consensus on this?

So I just started watching Episode 1, what's the general consensus on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y_oS9XBxlwM?t=21m6s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Special effects are too embarrassing to watch

fake and gay

its super random and weird, and total shit in general

Sleep inducing

It's like watching Inland Empire eighteen hours straight

It was really good, but Sup Forums only watches capeshit and starwars, so they hate it.

I really don't get the comparisons. Inland Empire didn't have as much obviously supernatural stuff and so far in this season, even though it does have loose story ends right now, the plot is pretty straight forward.

I wish it was like Inland Empire. It's my favorite Lynch movie and one of my favorite movies period. It seems like people are just comparing them because they think "dude, it's so weird lol!".

thats a nice chair

Very positive. Check out the daily threads

Episode 1 and 2 are interesting.
Really picks up episode 3 and 4.
Lynch delivers the Eraserhead kino we've needed for a solid 15 minutes in there to top it all off.

Hate to say it but agreed

Essentially it's become Blue Velvet mixed with Eraserhead. If you're expecting the last two seasons of Twin Peaks, go watch them, because the only thing the new season and the old seasons share is the name of the show.

This is true to an extent. They do feel like very different shows. But season 2 ended that way so i guess it's a natural progression.

That fucking moment with glass room spooked me for good. Creepy stuff.

Idea: You watch it all, make up the mind for yourself, then come on here and discuss it.

Season two still held on to it's humor and dialogue pretty well, this season has been like something completely different. I'm not even sure why they bothered to have Angelo Badalementi come back if all they've done is reuse the main title theme and Laura's theme. The show is pretty much without music otherwise.

Episode 3 is GOAT lynch. I thought he'd lost his mojo.

It feels nothing like the old show, but it has potential to become good at some point.

And somehow this new season has already had some of the funniest moments of the series

>/ourguy/ Wally
>THERE THEY ARE, ALBERT
>HELLLLLOOOOOOooo-OOOOO
>Mr. Jackpots in general

I had high expectations for this and it completely surpassed them.

Don't forget the exchange between Hawk, Andy and Lucy over the chocolate bunnies.

Same. I thought he might water it down for the plebs, but no, he went the other way and its great.

episode 1 and 2 are fantastic
episode 3 and 4 are shit

COSSACKS and the picture of Rushmore was great but I found everything Andy and Lucy were doing to be more cringe than funny.

HellOOOOOOOoooooooo

plebbit

DO NOT OPEN unless the Road.. rises up to meet you?

The show literally plays out like a FMV adventure game from the late 90s.

Lynchkino. Normies livid because its not easily digestible schlock.

Haven't seen episodes three and four year, but will say this about episodes one and two:

Lynch is walking a super duper thin line. He has to appeal to casuals who never saw Twin Peaks before, he has to pander to the casuals who just want the cliffhangers from season two's finale resolved (the same casuals who burnt FWWM at the stake when it first came out and didn't answer anything from the finale), and both the hardcore Lynch fans who love Lynch's work as a whole and those who loved Twin Peaks as the best show ever made (and are indifferent to Lynch's other works).

So far he is pandering hard to the Lynch as a whole fans (the whole glass box shit was pandering for them) while giving the casuals what they want (Cooper out of the Black Lodge/showing what Bob is up to/having Log Lady spend her final days getting Hawk ready to find Cooper and fight Bob) while teasing them and the hardcore Twin Peaks fans for the return of the rest of the cast (case in point, Audrey was clearing MIA, meaning they are going to slow build her return).

And then there is the new viewer friendly shit: Audrey's dad and uncle being pothead/selling medicinal pot legally and them suddenly and without any build-up towards character pasts, having Shelly and James meet at the bar while a love song plays and both looking at each other, like two star crossed lovers. The Horne brothers are being introduced as comic relief folks satirizing the legalization of pot and James/Shelly are going to be the token romance subplot for casuals who would demand lovey dovey shit.

I think the old crappy television effects give it a certain charm

I think they are only doing Shelly/James because Lynch opted to omit Donna from the revival and they will probably have Bobby and James fighting over Shelly.

Shelly's married to Bobby.

I don't think Lynch is the kind of person that gives even half a fuck.

He literally does whatever he wants and knows he's making kino.

He is throwing a bone here or there to people out of courtesy but otherwise he's doing his own thing and loving it.

He even struck a deal for 18 episodes of this kino probably knowing full well people will shit on it because it doesn't have enough shitty memes for people to parrot.

On top of that he wrote a whole scene in Ep3 where he lampshades the fact that he casts pretty young girls so he can work with them.

I think you're dead wrong. For one thing, most of the returning cast are limited to one episode. Ben and Jerry are in exactly one, and you just watched it. Log lady is in two.

Further, Lynch is under no obligation to make this series accessible, and I have not met one normie who is interested in watching this. Especially if they've never seen season one. This is absolutely not for new viewers in any way. Killing off what seemed to be the fresh young faces in episode one should have signified that to you.

If you're basing this off of what's listed on IMDB that isn't trustworthy info.

I've come to pay my respects

>For one thing, most of the returning cast are limited to one episode. Ben and Jerry are in exactly one, and you just watched it.
Don't believe IMDB.

The disconnected sequences linked by theme and sense of dread reminded me of Inland Empire crossed with Mulholland Drive. It's moved away from that now though.

10/10 casting imo

>you will never be a billionaire to give Lynch whatever funds he needs to create his ideal masterpiece with amazing special effects

>you will never fund lynch to direct an anime to end all anime

Lynch already did that with his anime masterpiece Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Twin Peaks is a crappy show for OLD WHITE PEOPLE starring very old white people. It's embarrassing and cringey as fuck.

Pretty sure Lynch loves his effects being low budget. Makes them look much creepier than they would if they had a higher budget

Think about what you're claiming for a second, because it makes no sense when you consider high budget effects could be made even better than what "he likes".

What was Sup Forums like when twin peaks was airing?

formless and void

There was a sticky and everyone was posting in it or so.

Reddit leave

It does make sense when you consider that Lynch doesn't really give a fuck and just does what he likes

Are you retarded senpai? Do you really think Ben and Jerry were going to be in the show for a total of 5 minutes?

Lynch actually does love weird low budget digital effects, look at any of his commercials or music videos or shorts made this century. It's part of his aesthetic now.

>CGI works only on a scale of low budget vs high budget with bad vs good correlating, any deviation of this cannot be for the sake of artistic direction

>be literally any auteur
>prefer less budget to more budget
It makes no sense, you imbecile. Lynch and his crew are making do with what they have, that's all.

The general consensu is that James was always cool.

over-fucking-rated series that only regained hype with normies when it got on Netflix. David Lynch saw the numbers and thought "yay someone will give me money to film stuff again yayyy!" because he has a hard time getting projects funded. that's the only reason he's doing the new season. because it got funding before anything else did and he's probably been dying to work on something. and I say that with nothing but love and respect for the man.

YOU
NICE AND WET

Scenes in that pinkish purple room with blind chingchong make me sick

Alright friend. Keep pretending that. My point was that with more budget Lynch wouldn't use it towards the special effects.

I agree actually. Part of Lynch magic is that you can't even tell when the campiness/amateur aesthetic is intentional. Those aren't the right words I'm too low iq to express what I mean

You're insane if you think the first four episodes are tailored towards Netflix normies.

It's fine user. This image pretty much sums it up.

His style of effects straddle right slap bang in the middle of uncanny valley

Other than the headless body I can't actually think of any effects that actually looked shit.

haha it seriously reminds me of this

youtu.be/y_oS9XBxlwM?t=21m6s

5 minutes into glassbox and chill and she gives you that look.

Headless body was really creepy.

The scene with Cole and Albert in the car had such a bad greenscreen for the highway but I have a feeling that could have been a purposeful choice

why did boxcoop shred those poor naked people

>My point was that with more budget Lynch wouldn't use it towards the special effects.
You're wrong, because Lynch doesn't do nor oversee the CGI himself. He has a a script and some ideas, hands it over to some people, they make do with what they have and garner feedback from Lynch, who finally OK's it. That's how it works, some people have to animate and render the CGI.

and you're insane (or just underage) if you didn't notice the spike in interest in twin peaks and lynch when it went to Netflix

Because he hasn't gotten laid in 25 years.

That wasn't Coop, he was there right before they went back in the room.
Probably dopple-laura or someone we'll meet later.

So what, though? Who cares if more people gained an interest in Twin Peaks when it hit Netflix if that event didn't affect the show's return in any way whatsoever?

I'm not denying that but this new season isn't really that much like the first two seasons. The reception has actually been pretty good, but Lynch definitely wasn't thinking "I'm going to make these new episodes for people who watched Twin Peaks on Netflix in 2013" while making the new season.

Boxcoop only believes in missionary sex for the sole purpose of recreation.

Showtime pretty much left this entire show for him to oversee fucko. I'm not even sure if anyone other than him or frost had seen the final cut of the first episode prior to the premire

As with all art for the sake of art projects, its entertainment value is quite low unless you're into this sort of thing.

>Ben Horne is still alive after Doc Hayward bonked his noggin
>it hasn't been addressed in any way by the show or the fans
seriously not one person has mentioned the fact Ben is still alive and I'm still reeling from it

Nah man, it's for all those Netflix normies that first watched the show this decade.

that's not what I said. I didn't say he was pandering to the Netflix demographics. just that the spike in interest and new fans is what got it funded.

He was confirmed alive in the book. And I'm not sure he was supposed to be dead in the final episode of season 2 even if it did kind of look like it.

I like it.

I thought it was pure shit for the first 15 minutes or so and then I just got dragged in. Would recommend. Didn't watch original Twin Peaks.

> over-fucking-rated series

Twin Peaks is shit. It's like Lost. You actually had to have been there when it was released to appreciate the excitement around it at the time. The thrill is in the speculation, and the theories every week its not something that's good if you binge watch it.

I honestly have no idea why everyone likes it all of a sudden. But the faggots that like it here on this fucking board are the same low IQ to smart autismo demographic that thought Batman v Superman had deep themes and thrilling dialogue

That was the angry hungry ghost that the billionaire built the box to catch. Thats why the security gaurds werent on duty, to see if the monster would show up when the kids started making out. Reminds me of the movie 13 Ghosts in a way.

>. He has to appeal to casuals

Stopped reading your retarded opinion right there.

People really thought he died? I always just figured he'd been knocked out cold and cut his head on the bricks.

>This is how I sound.
>srsrsrsrsrsrsrsrsd

It's shit but my reaction video got 11k views

it did affect it though. it's the same reason Spielberg convinced Michael Crichton to write Jurassic World even though he really didn't want to. money.

Lynch just used the spike in interest to secure the deal and a whole shitload of cash, now he can fund whatever his next pet project is much more easily AND still deliver a complete mess of a TV show and be praised by bearded hipcucks for it

it's shit because it had too many cooks in the kitchen. it's popular because muh 90s nostalgia and vaporwave bullshit.

>David Lynch didn't really want to make twin peaks s3 and only did it for the money
that explains why he insisted on absolute creative control

exactly. fucking EXACTLY. if he gave the slightest fuck about twin peaks he would have done this 10 years ago. this is merely an opportunity to get more fans, more money, and more original projects in the future.

I'm not saying that he's not putting his all into it, I'm sure he did. but you have to look at the bigger picture.

Pretty sure him and Frost had a falling out when Twin Peaks was airing. He didn't want it to get canceled but was also working on other stuff at the time. And after having Twin Peaks and On the Air canceled I imagine he didn't want to work with TV for a while. But recently he said that the film business is shit and that TV right now is better for what he wants to do.

call for help