Was Batman v Superman simply too deep for modern audiences to understand?

Was Batman v Superman simply too deep for modern audiences to understand?

Yes. The movie did not have an empowered woman in the lead, multiculturalism nor gay niggers, so it could not be deep by modern standards. The only other choice it had by those same standards was to be a campy quipfest, and since it didn't do that either modern "critics" cope with it saying it's shit or "not fun".

Yes

Yes. The goal of the movie was to have superman sacrifice himself to save humanity so he could be recognized as the literal epitome of Justice and heroism. A person willing to give his life to protect what he loves. Humanity gets to see this in the movie and that is the moment they realize just what kind of hero superman is.

>Hey, my moms name is Martha too!
>Lets be friends

yes. didnt help that there was a lot going on and the threatrical made it even more confusing.

> Meanwhile on nu/tv/ and reddit
> Buuuht superman wasn't JUST inspiring enough
> I want to see superman saving goths from suicide on top of buildings

>mfw they are scene of him doing heroic shit
> There are scene of him being revered by spic
> There is this scene where he drop batman because he has innocent to save
> The litteral ending "if you seek his monument look around him"
Redditor, Sup Forumsnu-males and Marvel fan are litteraly the people protesting superman in DC in real life. They're pissed about superman because he isn't like he is and they forget every good deeds he does just for that fact alone.
Snyder litteraly materialized his detractor in his movies
This is pure kino

(me)
He isn't like they want him to be *

Pretty much yeah.

Too deep to be entertaining. You can keep adding layers and depth, but that doesn't make it good. Just because a wedding cake has 5 tiers doesn't make it better than a birthday cake.

shit analogy, just stop trying and kys.

>I only eat wedding cakes
>birthday cakes are for plebs

....alright dude

Absolutely yes.

Well said, user.

It was pretentious garbage, it wasn't really that deep

Deeper than most of the deep comics, and it speared to be that way without thought bubbles or tons of Bladerunner-esque voice-over.

>speared = dared

i swear to fucking god i love the movie but i can't fucking stand these fucking copy paste bait threads

I wouldn't exactly call it "too deep" but it definitely wasn't what people were expecting. Thanks to Marvel everyone expects every single cape flick to be lighthearted popcorn affairs.

That's like every super heroe ever, there's nothing deep about that anyway

I don't see what's light hearted about finding out your real dad you have never met purpously giving your mom cancer and then the dad who actually raised you dies saving your life from the real dad.

It's not lighthearted at all. It's just treated so superficially and transparently that it's rendered weightless.

It isn't, it plays a big part of the main characters development since even the first movie. A lot of people had trouble trying not to cry in that scene, weightless my ass. There is a well constructed story there but you can't see it because you don't like one liners and more than one color in the grading. Your assessment of the movie is superficial and weightless.

I watched them both. I wanted to feel a connection. I didn't. Know why? Because the guy I'm supposed to feel bad about was still a kidnapper and an agent for Ego who'd delivered an unknown number of innocents to their deaths and murder-spree'd an entire ship's crew after we'd found out that they weren't necessarily any worse a person than he was.

It also didn't help that we saw Yondu use his arrow as a means of flight then conveniently forget he could do that a couple of scenes later.

Intellectuals already think that this movie is too advanced for this shit society. It is simply the greatest movie ever made by mankind.

>too deep
>movie falls apart under slight criticism

What did Hack Snyder mean by this?

>MARTHA
>A jar of piss
>Zod zombie cave troll
>Character introductions through emails

Kek fuck off

>it didn't do well because it wasn't a stupid marvel quipfest

Yeah right, at this point I just want to see a solo batfleck movie with a competent director

You're simply too dumb my fellow. I feel bad for you.

Good, feel bad and be stupid

No, the posters of those "slight criticisms" offer them up as rhetoricals then bury their heads in the sand and pretend all the answers are "head canon," that characters in a cape movie can't be complex or have anything more than superficial psychologies because it's a cape movie, which is just about the most retarded argument I've ever heard in my life.

I'm sorry that this has happened to you sweetie, maybe in another life.

how can he keep getting away with it bros?

Because no amount of explaining is going to take away the fact that the points make the movie stupid, whether it has good reasoning behind it or not

Classmates made fun of this movie so much, Hack SHHNYDERS own daughter AN Hero'd

>Martha
Which might not have even been said - time will tell.

>A jar of piss
Which wasn't piss and was a genuinely inspired way to twist the knife on Senator Finch one last time before the boom.

>Zod zombie cave troll
Which is still a more compelling back story than Doomsday had for nearly a decade, and far better than the one he eventually received.

>Characters introduced through emails
If you're going to criticize anything, criticize the point where the revelations were made. It's still the only hint both the audience and Bruce get for what !ex was really planning.

See? There we have it. You basically just said "It doesn't make sense because I refuse for it to make sense." That tells me you either know fuck-all about these characters or you pretend to because of your massive hate-boner for Snyder.