It's a Ewan carries an entire trilogy on his back episode(s)

>it's a Ewan carries an entire trilogy on his back episode(s)

How did he do it, lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VgICnbC2-_Y
youtu.be/PvPMetoHa-w
youtube.com/watch?v=iwL8wlBMflA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well, him and this guy.

Of all the shitty spinoffs and solo movies we're gonna get, the only one I want is the one they won't make - an Obi movie starring Ewan, set when Luke is a young child, revolving around Obi secretly protecting the Lars family and throwing imperials off Luke's trail. He's the only good part about the prequels, he deserves a chance.

>Inb4 faggots born after 1995 desperately trying to convince themselves and everyone else that the prequels weren't shit

The key characters any SW prequels explaining the rise of the Empire would have to address would be Obi Wan, Yoda, Anakin, Anakin's baby momma, and Palpatine. These characters would probably get the most screen time in any rendition of the prequels, and would have to carry the prequels. It makes sense that Obi Wan and Palpatine were the best two characters in the prequels. Yoda was a puppet/CGI, so his contributions were always going to be limited. Anakin was always going to be hard to write for because it's really hard to take a character from hero of the clone wars and "a good friend" of Obi Wan to Darth Vader - I still haven't seen a fan version of this character arc that clicked with me, and the prequels totally fucked it up. So, while Hayden Christiansen did do a bad job of acting, that character was always going to be a difficult one to pull off from the get go. And Anakin's baby momma was going to be hard because Anakin's character is hard to write well and because she has only a tangential role in IV-VI.
Obi Wan hit that sweet spot of having plenty of screen time and things to do, without having to be the center piece of a hard-to-write character arc. Meanwhile, Palpatine's character is fairly straightforward, although the details are complicated - he just has to be a powerhungry sociopath, the same character from ROTJ but in secret rather than out in the open. Combine this with the fact that McGregor and McDiarmid were probably the two best actors in the prequels other than Christopher Lee, and you have the reason why they carried the prequels.

>Hayden did a bad job of acting

Give the guy a fucking break

What else is he supposed to do with lines like "I hate sand" and "from my point of view the Jedi are evil!"

>anotha' happy shagging
Jesus Christ, Ewan

is acting ability more important than looking the part?
any time i bring up the fact that this guy doesn't look like harrison ford to jj apologists, all they can say in return is that he's a good actor so it doesn't matter if he doesn't look like him

a shame that hes such a bitch in real life
his stupid wife ruined long way up

HELLO THERE

Anikin going bad just because "huur save Padme" was the most retarded lazy writing ever.
She was a politician, they could have had her be killed by some faction from the Republic and have Anakin going in a killing spree and uncover some nasty plot to the point to losing his faith in the Republic and eventually forming an alliance with Palpatine.
Instead of " yeah yeah whatever I can save her pinky promise" "now go kill all your friends and don't forget the younglings"

Maybe the writing was bad but maybe Anakin was that much of a retard. I can't remember anything smart he did in the entire PT.

All Star Wars movies are shit, except ESB, you're all so far up your own asses, the prequels weren't that fucking bad compared to the originals, and yes I know Hayden and I know Jar Jar, but that's all on George Lucas, who is a major retard, 5>rest of them>7 is the only order that ever matters.

Yep. The way Anakin was shown in the prequels isn't as a guy who turns to evil, it's as a guy who was a sociopath all along. Which is a perfectly respectable artistic decision, except it seems unlikely that it's what Lucas was actually going for, and it clashes with the kiddie movie aspects of the prequel trilogy.

He was a Jedi, he shouldn't have fallen prey to stupid shit like that, it's not like it was force power suggestion brain washing.

his fat strong cock gives him him unparalleled confidence in any endeavor he undertakes. the prequels were light work for a man of his stature, length and girth.

...also, Anakin not going back to save his mother from literal slavery despite his having superpowers is just retarded writing.

Only normies care about such things as looking the part. It's a movie for kids, not a historical drama, chill out for a bit.

>it's as a guy who was a sociopath all along.
do you know what a sociopath is? the guy from nightcrawler was a sociopath. Anakin was a legit awkward kid who just wanted to save his girl and had deep mommy issues. most people in that situation would have done the same, slaughtering kids just shows what a master manipulator palpatine was. Anakin was a normal guy in a cult that told him to suppress all emotions, he and the average person (even the LARPers who pretend to be jedi) wouldn't be able to.

Before the prequels, total disinterest in a new Star Wars would have been unthinkable to me. Maybe I'm just too old for it. I didn't see Clone Wars, Rogue One (if I'm getting the titles right), and I'm not going to see The Last Jedi. I've only seen a recording of the movie screen for The Force Awakens. You'd think Han Solo and Chewie would be enough for me to want to see it in HD, but I just don't care anymore.

>Anikin going bad just because "huur save Padme"
>just because

He needed to act harder.

oh I'm sorry, did I miss some subplot in the movie or something?

If that guy turns to you and tells you the tragedy of Darth plageius the wise it makes you kill a bunch of school kids

Spinning was a good trick

She wasn't a slave, she was freed years before he was in a position to help her.

The fact that Lucas couldn't come up with anything better for Anakin's turn to the dark side besides his love dying is so fucking trite and melodramatic. Lucas really doesn't understand characters beyond very broad, simple, archetypes and story cliches. The original Star Wars was a huge fluke saved by his ex-wifes editing.

They deserved to die. Anakin realized he needed to shut this movie down.

Is jewish pussy really that good?

As long as you keep depositing shekels. You're responsible for interest, tax, and fees of course.

WTF does that mean?

Pay up goy unless you want divorce.

theres a long way up?
i thought they just did down and around

yes.

what?
he abandoned his mother to live a life as a slave as a young boy, and then returned to find her dead. he has a vision of the same thing happening to his wife and is determined to do whatever it'll take to stop it from happening
the prequels have their flaws but I always thought that anakin's motivation was pretty good, even if the execution of it and his sudden turn felt horribly abrupt

say what

?

"since i killed them all i guess im some pretty sick guy even killed the children im going to turn evil now"

God forbids a Jedi has to do some dirty work once.

The problem was that this happened in Episode 2 so by the time 3 rolled around it was forgotten about. So the importance of the vision coming true was not felt by the audience.

>I still haven't seen a fan version of this character arc that clicked with me, and the prequels totally fucked it up

Have you seen (((Belated Media)))'s pitch?

youtu.be/VgICnbC2-_Y

It's a bit generic but I thought it sounded way more solid than any other ideas around

yeah agreed, they should have at least brought up his mother in episode 3

This is still a fan-version that's no better than the actual movies.

He delivers his pitch with a lot of chutzpah but he just changed some motivations, removed some of the most obvious and hated elements but the plot is still as convoluted and unmanageable as the real product.

Star Wars needs to stay simple and elemental. Good vs Evil. The Hero's Journey. etc.

>Only normies care about such things as looking the part
star wars is a normie franchise you dolt

Well to be fair, as you mentioned, you'd need to juggle about half a dozen characters and create an enemy for the Republic to cause its fall. Sheev is also a puppet master so it needs to be a bit more convoluted by nature

>most people in that situation would have done the same, slaughtering kids
um...no?
anakin didn't even really consider it when he killed the kids. he was just like "lmao ok"

>Ewan will never be in a good star wars movie
>The perfect casting lost forever

>I need to save Padme
>With years of training you can control life
>She's going to die in like 3 months
>Do it
>Ok i'm evil now *kills padme*
>DO NOT WANT

did anyone like his "choose life" rant in T2.. it felt a little SJW to me

What would you if you could rewrite the prequels?

I would start episode I with Anakin already beng a teenager padawan doing missions with Obi Wan

He had help from a certian tummy

>ewan playing the older version of Obi Wan in a solo movie

Pottery

lots of drugs

Ewan should've played Anakin, or at least he should've been the star of the trilogy... Sadly, George wrote it in the modern style, where no one knows which one is the protagonist.

youtu.be/PvPMetoHa-w

We complain about quips in the new one, but obi wan was a quip machine in 2 and 3
>Good job
>flying is for Droids
>We still have half a ship
>Another happy landing

I could go on

yes, and the prequels were also terrible.

even still at least it was only Obi Wan and Palpatine quipping it up. Not literally every character.

Come on Anakin's face when Obi Wan said "Good Job" was hilarious

He's actually a very good actor and it's apparent in deleted scenes where he was trying to act without George's abhorrent directions. The problem is that he followed the fat fuck's directions instead of doing his own thing and it ended up being a mess.

He didn't.
The movies were shit but he did well for what he had to work with.

Hayden wasn't a bad actor he was a bad choice for that roll. First off, get a guy with an English accent! Continuity, Lucas!

Obi-Wan loves his job, solving mysteries and fighting monsters. He even loves driving his apprentice to suicide via high ground.

If only we could all be so satisfied with life.

Who quipped apart from Finn? Oh, and Han. And Rey, and obviously Poe. Wait nvm.

Not saying it would have been easy but a good screenwriter could have found a way to portray the downfall of Anakin and the Republic but still have it feel like Star Wars.

Instead it appears from all the behind-the-scenes footage that George drafted the outlines shortly before production, wrote the script himself and surrounded himself with yes-men who were as convinced of his genius as he was.

You do realise the original trilogy also primarily exists as a moneymaking front, right? You can't hate the sequel trilogy and prequel trilogy for being shameless cash grabs without hating the original trilogy. It makes you a hypocrite.

This. Obi being a vigilante with blue ghost quigon. Have him go on a death stick bender after the death of all the Jedi and killing his best friend settle in

Why did this make me laugh

youtube.com/watch?v=iwL8wlBMflA

based ewan

Ewan was the most charismatic actor in that cast. Ian McDiarmid continued to ham it up beautifully. Poor Hayden was relatively inexperienced by comparison and needed more direction than George is capable of giving. To say nothing of the material...

The biggest waste was Samuel Jackson, one of the most commanding actors out there and cast him as a stoic, emotionless, monk.

Where was it written that Jedi should be stoic and emotionless? And don't get me started on the whole 'no love, no marriage' shit.

Alec Guiness original Obi Wan performance showed sparkles of humour and wit, as did Yoda. He had kind of a Albert Einstein thing going, constantly amusing himself with the paradoxes of life.

>Looking for someone? Found someone, you have, I would say *yoda laugh*

Most philosophers and such have a sense of humour. The Dalai Lama enjoys a joke. It's theorized that Jesus did to.

All I'm saying is, we can connect with the Jedi easier if they show that they're still human and that they can still enjoy and find humour in life, even if they do live a chaste monk life. Without that humanity they seem like robots or aliens.

I always imagined Mace Windu being more like Jacksons usual persona, louder and bash. He doesn't think this Anakin kid can make it as a Jedi, so he takes him on a training day like mission. They get mixed up in some crazy antics and Windu is constantly testing and pushing Anakin to see what he's made of.

Better than what we got. I'm trying to remember Mace Windu's dialogue and the only two lines I can remember are

>The evil of Sith will never return
>A Sith lord?

>acting
He was chosen cause he's a Jew. Pic related does a spot on Ford to the point I thought it was Ford overdubbing his scenes.

>Movies are produced to make money

Star Wars should have started in the middle of the clones wars. The jedi are actual knights who fight to protect the republic, not some stupid order of celibate monks. Anakin should have been the main character of this trilogy from the beginning, with Obi-wan a close personal friend. Anakin's fall from grace should have begun with good intentions (the road to hell is paved with them) and like all dictator's, he convinced himself that he was taking power for the greater good. Keep the palpatine stuff because its pretty good. The key is to make Anakin genuinely likable and a hero of the people.

Hayden was told to act 'wooden'

/thread

>Ewan

You misspelt "Ian", as in, "Ian McDiarmid".

Weren't they intentionally bad quips, though?

He also had help from Liam. Liam and Ian.

the lightsaber color and transparency was just right in The Phantom Menace.

The prequels are still shit

>who needs reasons when you've got deathsticks?

Unironically yes.

I argue that if Qui-Gon had lasted longer then one movie or had more ghost scenes like Ben Kenobi... he too would have carried and added to the trilogy.

He is the star and best character in Phantom and his actions help shape the course of the Saga.

you're wrong, it more than likely will happen.
I'm fairly certain that Rey will be revealed to be a Kenobi in the last movie, and after that they will make an Obi Wan movie to show his secret relationship during his time on Tattooine. it's gonna happen.

>expecting any more star wars movies with a white male MC
the narrative has changed, its not about telling a good story anymore
its about pleasing the degenerate communist leftist audience

First post best post

being the highlights of unredeemable pieces of shit isn't "carrying it on your back"

that would imply that they're decent or worth watching at all