Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/60syqWU098E?t=5m20s
youtube.com/watch?v=tV93XCxgM9E
unknownpsn.tumblr.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtu.be/60syqWU098E?t=5m20s

Climber is better desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=tV93XCxgM9E

I know this guy is a golem or something, but I have no idea what his name is or the name of the comic. Never read it.

His name is Karl.

I remember who it is but i never had context to begin with. I saw him in these random flashes online but never knew what was going on or what this was a part of. Don't to this day.

It was just deviantart OC battles.

...how did they decide who won?

Voting, I believe.

This, Karl was fun though

Judges voted on the best but Karl would get theses one sided wins because his artist would pull out theses damn good 5 minute long flash animations with voice acting and music.
The Artist who made Karl won another OC tournament because he destroyed everyone with his flash animation.

Which also reminds me, Endling you bastard why did you have to get sick and end Ever After?!

The person who hosted the battles would choose a winner out of which artist drew the more interesting fight.

UnknownPerson, the one who created Climber and Karl, originally did what everyone else did in the first big tournament a drew comics for the battles, but around the second round of the first tournament started making elaborate flash animations which were inspired and eventually won the first tournament.

They streamlined the process by the time Karl was introduced and went on to the finals of the second tournament, but lost because the other artist was admitably a better story teller

I followed them all back in the old DA days and it was all really cool, glad someone saved them

He got better, but he got wrapped up in his relationship with that other artist from DA and is doing freelance character designs for game companies last I heard.

I also think he moved to tumblr a few years back, he still draws but he really doesn't do anything with a story

sebbythefreak.deviantart.com/art/ENDZONE-ROUND-3-GB-EDITION-63281546

>Karl would get theses one sided wins

i remember hearing that someone who continued to use their character in another tourney only won because his character fought Karl

Apparently the guy who up against Zeurel and after losing Zeurel blew up

Yeah I remember, I was a freshmen in high school when he posted that he was getting married to that woman

That's no surprise

I thought this art style looked familiar. Those were some damn good animations.

Just a reminder that a friend of one of the judges told that for his friend that the judges did in fact rig the system to keep LoT popular. Still doesn't change the fact UP should've won in the last round against that edgelord though.

i haven't seen the other contenders entry but at least i got feels from Karls ending

Too bad UP quit on his comic Castle of Nations, the art and concept for that was dope as fuck

I don't remember the only guy being edgy, just boring
That whole story was boring and safe, at least Karl spiced it up by killing a father and his unborn kid
FALCO KICK

What made it worst is that he just disappeared.
No word on why he stopped making it.

He posted in his tumblr last year so at least we know he's alive

I followed the whole of both tournaments back in the day when they were going on.
UP won pretty fairly (but by a slim margin because the other guy was equally talented and knew how to make a good comic)

But Talos felt more fulfilling and the other artist did a good job on their half, I was rooting for UP and Karl in the last fight and wanted them to win, but with how they ended their flash and quality of the other entrants submission I can see why the judges chose them to win over UP.

Karl was a villain for the entirety of the tournament and it felt like a better arc for him to not come out on top.

What I'm sadder about is that UnkownPerson never followed up on their plans to make a cohesive story for Climber and Karl

I never followed up on what happen after the last fight. Like what the fuck was Endling's OC was doing and what happen to the winners?

Well I never liked the guy and I thought his winning entertain was awful but each to their own I guess
That's why you'd get someone else to wrap everything up like in Endzone

Nothing, that was left untouched. Endling should have just wrapped everything up like last time but it wasn't his OCT and unfortunately the judges had their heads up their asses.

Fuck really? The tiny tiny part of me that wanted to find out after all theses years now turn into the tiny tiny part of me that is disappointed

Endling's Big Bad Wolf character was kind of the evil force behind the tournament (or that's how it turned out from the combination of UP and the other guy's stories since the winners of each round sort of shaped the story as they continued in the tournament) and part of climber's story is people from their park can't last in the outside world without the park's magic to sustain them.

So UP had it that big bad was using Climber and the other guy to find a new host since Endling's OC was no longer under its control. She escaped and was looking to kill it, then in the last flash animation she sees that climber has some of Big Bad still in him so she went mental and tried to murder him.

Originally endling was supposed to draw the end of the tournament because he was arguably a huge DA celebrity at the time, but he was always shit with deadlines and keep on task so it never got a full proper ending, but by then people were just either happy for the ride or just moved onto the next DA fad

About a year later LoT started and Endling, UP, and most of the last tournament guys joined that (but most fizzled out early unable to keep up with the deadlines and just took the loss

I went back and read most of the other contestant's stories and there's some gold laying about in there. I'd check it out if I where you, plus the kiwi blitz characters are in there. A lot of contestants are missing though because they deleted everything, like concentrationmoon fucked off to being a furry after finding how many adults got off to Chimbley in a similar fashion to Sup Forums getting off to fluffies.

That other guy was really good. His character was this guy that used paint magic and he used that pretty creatively in his fights. Once he drew a river full of fish to hide in, and another time he was getting his ass kicked but managed to draw a mosquito on his opponent with his own blood. The mosquito drained her until she passed out.

What I really liked about that is that the dude and Climber got to the last match in opposite ways. Dude kept building his confidence and making friends while traveling all over the island, while Climber lost everyone he met, stayed in a single location, kept losing power, and was beat to shit by the end.

THE GLORIOUS COCK TEASE IS AT IT AGAIN, THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN unknownpsn.tumblr.com

not enough art of this guy's stuff out there. not enough not shit fanart either.

Yesssss UP gonna real good!

Hell yeah he was great, I was following him and Climber during the whole thing and I didn't think he would have made it to the end
>Mfw he made it and was facing Climber
>Mfw they both got to the end

seems like he finally figured out how to animate necks, nice

i always thought that dood should have won endzone and karl should have taken lot, even if only to see the ending he had in mind

I kinda like the no neck style, it was goofy

I was wondering how he got those scratches

That's obviously UP pulling everyone's legs again, the scars look like they're from him ripping off his eyepatch after red haired girl betrayed him

He fell down a bunch of stairs

Karl is fun to watch for his archetype because there are moments when he gets legitimately styled on.

it did give his work a certain appeal

geez this is from when tdk was still relevant

That's what he told the police when they question him about spouse abuse

>not "would you like to know how I got these scars"
soiled it

I think the real secret to UP success in those tournaments was how good he made the other fighter look.

>tfw I watched all his flashes in 8th grade, and even dressed up as the climber on halloween

goddamn, so many memories, I'm nostalgiaing hard right now

>dressed up as the climber on halloween
Holy fuck I should have done this when I was a freshmen

Black Vest, long sleeved jacket (either thin or fleece) can, riding helmet thats used for horses, and black jeans (or those cool pants with the zip off leggings that turn into shorts)

That's what I'd recommend

Wasn't Endling involved in Skullgirls?

no clue, the art style does have some similarities, especially the 40's cartoon girl, but I don't know anything about that, only about a few rejected designs that he put on his DA once

I'm certain someone mentioned that he was involved in developing a hit vidya. But then again, I might have read it on Sup Forums so that source may not be as reliant.

he's working at wayforward now, who develop the shantae series

don't think he had any connection to skullgirls, though shantae is apparently a guest character in their new game, indivisible

fug i just want more ree man