Green Lantern - Rebirth Storytime

Green Lantern Hal Jordan was one of the greatest heroes in the DC Universe until tragedy turned him into one of its greatest villains. Today, his soul searches for redemption as the Spectre. But redemption may not be what Jordan himself needs...or wants. The fates of Guy Gardner, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner and the rest of the Green Lantern mythology unfold in this colossal tale of heroism involving the entire DCU!

yeah boi

This

>kyle dies

Why does that happend in every universe he in ?

all this meta-commentary christ

kyle isn't dead senpai

green arrow by johns when?

>>“If you don’t understand the ingredients that make, say, a good cake, then you’re not going to be able to make one. This stuff, [superhero comics], it’s alchemy. I’ve always been drawn to relationships. There’s an echo of Green Arrow and Black Canary in ‘Rebirth’ that suggests the heroes themselves miss their connections. If they miss it, we’re going to miss it even more.” Johns is referring to a touching moment in Rebirth, in which Oliver and Dinah meet eyes and feel a tug at something shared in their pasts — their romance together, pre-‘New 52’ — but can’t quite recall why they feel a spark for each other. Johns says Green Arrow, having lost what matters and feels good about his story, begins Rebirth as depressed, though he doesn’t know why.

i only wish he was writing the ongoing

what do you mean?

i wonder what the historical context/reaction is to this series by fans? Like back in 2004/5 when this dropped what were people saying?

I fucking love GL Rebirth

thanks OP

guy gardner's whole monologue is johns criticizing john stewart

based

So johns doesnt like stewart??

Dont know much about behind the scenes comic things. Im pretty interested tho

dumb retcon but it led to cool stories so i can't hate it too much

He wrote JLU Ancient history i don't think he hates him.

Batman's greatest weakness is a dumb green flashlight apparently

can anyone explain the backstory on this panel?? I dont know much about parallax or the spectre per se.. I kinda know the story about blackest night and general canon stuff..

Hal went crazy as Parallax and tried to remake the universe (and failed)

he ended up sacrificing his life to reignite the sun and fix the Earth in Final Night

Jim Corrigan stopped being the Spectre and the Spectre itself started going nuts and they needed a new host for it, Jim said no and Hal became the new host for it

he was the Spirit of Redemption for quite a while