Do amerisharts actually believe their """"states"""" have distinctive cultures?

Do amerisharts actually believe their """"states"""" have distinctive cultures?

Other urls found in this thread:

mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2017/12/thanks_to_millennials_grand_ra.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledo_War
twitter.com/AnonBabble

new mexico best flag

Most don't.
Some do.

>tfw all the border states with Mexico have the best flags
>and Ohio

Do you believe that bipedal parasites from Alabama share the same culture as the upstanding and humanistic people from Massachusetts?

Michigan has one of the most distinctive and beautiful culture in the Western hemisphere if not the world.

Anything American states share with each other they also share with Australia so WATCH OUT

Mb 2 cultures: coastal and flyovers but this is more like London vs. rest of England divide thing

>Alabama
Mutts in Birmingham
>Massachusetts
Mutts in New Bedford
No difference

there are many states in the midwest that are pretty much the exact same
but southern states have very distince cultures.
new england states are similar to each other but very different from the rest of the country
the west coast is it's own thing
PA is a very unique state compared to the rest of the country
NJ is awful.
NY is NY.
New Mexico and AZ used to be unique states now they're just beaner hellholes
Alaska and Hawaii certainly are distinctive compared to the rest of the country

no

If you think the difference between ANY two states is comparable to the cultural difference between, say, France and Germany, you are deluded

>muh philly cheesesteak
Western PA is literally Ohio, eastern PA is just shitty NY

Yankee flags are such an embarassment

>makes new mexico
>no mexicans allowed

Michigan shares literally nothing in common with Illinois or Ohio let alone some shit like Nebraska or w/e.

Coastals also don't have culture they confuse "crippling economic disparity" with "culture"

that's what makes it new

There is more difference between Texas and Massachusetts than there is between Germany and France.

All three have desolate hellholes for big cities

>trying to explain this to retarded thrid worlder

we're probably talking to a petrol sniffer for all we know

ohio and west PA don't even have the same accent

>Michigan shares literally nothing in common with Illinois or Ohio
Well, at least Detroit and Cleveland look equally bad.

it might actually just be a curious aussie
but what's the singaporean so butthurt about?

shitskin southeastern Asians are always buttpained about something or another. Ignore it

Not butthurt m8, I acknowledge that Singapore has absolutely zero culture

Hawaii and Maine yes.
Otherwise no.

>American education
Only 15% of Singapore has ethnic roots in SEA

he has some autism about america , the guy likes to make research about towns in america

Do Australians post anything other than utter dog shit?

>towns in America
Everywhere else as well, sweetie.

no one cares shitskin, tell it to your chink boss.

this
they could be fused into bigger regions but MUH STATE federal pride wouldn't allow that

You're deluded you fucking meth head. I've passed through your cold shithole and it's no different than anything else in the giant stripmall-and-Walmart hellscape that is the Midwest.

>Everywhere else as well
oh really? tell me about my country, if you dare

good for you m8 but this post is meme-tieryeah cities in america are diverse but that doesn't mean they are the same, even the diversity itself is diffrent

I'm a chink faggot, and I'm only recenytly out of HS.
Singapore is 70% chink.

Singapore has more culture than the entire Midwest

>Singapore has absolutely zero culture
It's funny how Hong Kong kinda developed an original culture of being a truly Sino-Anglo city but Singapore is kinda equivocal on that.

It just looks like uh...... a generic English-speaking metropolis. I actually don't see a true cultural mix mash of Chinese, Malay, Anglo, and Tamil culture and so. Still, kinda look like a decent place to live. I will prob choose SG over some flyover in the US if I were to choose a job.

>my part of New Jersey is in the rust belt
definitely feels that way

Fact #1 your country is called Paraguay

>I actually don't see a true cultural mix mash of Chinese, Malay, Anglo, and Tamil culture and so
ever heard of singlish

I know your departments but I can't name them without a map.
Canindeyu, Ñeembucu, Caazapa, Presidente Hayes, etc.
I know that you got some land in the Chaco War, and lost Formosa to Argentina.
I don't know much about Paraguayan cities, just Cd del Este and Asunción.
Of course the former is a drug and piracy hub, and the latter is the capital.

Im in somerset, Im not sure but i think it's in the mid Atlantic zone in that map

oh shit nigga u be wize

if it makes you feel better i didn't draw it
here's another version i found

>Canindeyu, Ñeembucu, Caazapa, Presidente Hayes
kek you literally are citing extra flags that have appeared on this board
your autism is strong, i acknowledge it

Disgusting/10
Somerset Cty is kinda split

I used to be an extra flags admin two years ago, I created those.
But I've memorised all first level administrative divisions in South America.

Detroit has a lot of urban blight (famously so) but its not bad. Friendly people, great museums and cultural attractions, beautiful history and architecture, best pizza in the USA, and yes its still the headquarters for the Big 3. The world would not be the same without Detroit. Of course its seen better days (derp) but the same is true of almost any city.

wtf. If you don't stop to get to know the culture and just drive by chain stores then of course you won't get it. I don't even know what to say.

>stripmall-and-Walmart
More like Meijers

I'm pretty much on the border of Sussex and Passaic

>Michigan
Oh yes Detroit

>Detroit
Memes aside, do you think Detroit will successfully achieve its gentrification and become a functioning city?

After looking at my region (Upstate NY) on this on this one I already hate it.
>Grouping us, PA, and part of West VA with Maryland, New Jersey, and Downstate

STOP APPROPRIATING OUR CULTURE WHITE PEEPO

It's a big country with a big population, made by dozens of different immigrants, of course, their cultures are going to be different.

Michigan is where "deep north" meets "midwest" meets "rust belt". Sounds about right honestly. Beautiful nature meets beautiful people (on the inside) meets beautiful history and significant contributions to industry, even if the Chinese/robots took our jobs.

I feel like Illinois is "midwest but desperately wants to be coastal". Literally the origin of the "windy city" moniker is how they can't resist puffing themselves up.

Why isn't San Francisco part of Cascadia?

aight here's some trivia you can add to your autism folder
Ciudad del Este is literally "Eastern city". it used to be called "Ciudad Presidente Stroessner" but then the guy got kicked out of presidency and the city couldn't really choose a better name, so it got called CDE

LatAms seem to love naming cities "Presidente x" and "General y"

>Detroit == Michigan
Fuck off

> Silly Valley
> Cascadia
> not typical California
are you really from the US?

and of couse Saint X city/town
so it's kinda easy compared to administrative division names (provinces, departments,etc) which have geographical names and those geographical places usually have native american origin
Caazapa means "beyond the woods", Neuquen means "daring streams", Potosi means "loud bang", it's harder

yeah, because Kalamazoo and Germany-tier Muslim Dearborn are that interesting.

It already functions fine, everyone just lives in the suburbs and there's this semi-rotted out center where everyone used to live in the 60s-70s (pre race riots). It will slowly get better. It will never reach where it was but it will be something different. Lots of people (in the shit neighborhoods) are still trickling into the suburbs as the downtown areas are being "gentrified'.

Dearborn is a troit suburb though. There's Grand Rapids, Saginaw, Flint, etc. Though that just proves your point more.

Overfocus on a few urban hubs is a very coastal thing I think. Most Michiganders are in the suburbs, and suburbs are very poor/working class friendly too, giving them their own distinctive kind of character. Plus the countryside.

Michigan itself is kind of the spiritual center of America itself, the place where God touched America and left his mitten-print behind. A land of contrasts and beauty, all types of beauty from the big worn-out and tired but still thriving city to the deep and unbroken country. Vast farmlands to sprawling working class suburbs where everyone on the broken streets know each other. And a people mover that you can ride forever for just 75 cents.

I agree with most of what you said, but you're just waxing romantic about Michigan desu. You took the sentimentalism too far

>Kalamazoo
is different from Detroit.
>Germany-tier Muslim Dearborn
It's true Deerbornistan is full of m*dslimes, but it is a Detroit suburb.

>Grand Rapids
is the second biggest city in Michigan. It's quite different from Detroit, and is booming in many ways. In fact, it's the hottest housing market in the country right now:
mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2017/12/thanks_to_millennials_grand_ra.html

>Saginaw, Flint
Neither are suburbs of Detroit, but they are post-industrial (Rust belt) cities full of hoodrats. Both were great until the white flight.

Try going more than 2 hours away from Detroit, past Saginaw, and you'll find a truly special and beautiful state. Traverse City, Holland, Marquette, Houghton are just some of our great cities. Yes, they are much smaller than the ones in the Southeast but they are vastly different.
And of course, the nature, away from any city...that's where you find the real Pure Michigan.

Horrendous ma-

Oh it's a foreigner making it. No wonder

Because they've never been to another country or met a non-hispanic foreigner
There are subtle differences between the states, but I'd say larger regions have cultures, not really most states. Florida, Texas, Cali, Utah, Alaska, Hawaii, and New York I'd say are the only ones that can call themselves unique. I'm from the rust belt/midwest and everything is the same here. Sure, in Michigan there's more hunting and scandanavian traditions, and in Wisconsin there's more cheese and traditions, but I doubt you'd notice it if you weren't paying too much attention. If I could pick you up and drop you off in place B and tell you it's in the same state/region/country etc and you wouldn't be able to figure out I was lying within 5 minutes, it's pretty much culturally identical.

Appalachia defined by the Appalachian Regional Commission is much larger than that and I have to agree with them.

They might have once when they were starting out but the U.S. is too young to have the kind of tradition and history Europe has and it has such a strong federal identity that it all just kind of blends together. I'm from Pennsylvania and while I think Quakers were kinda neat it doesn't form enough of my identity that I compare my state heritage to my neighbors.

Pretty much everyone hates New Jersey though.

Don't even care, Michigan deserves to be romanticized. Who else are you going to romanticize? New York? America needs romance. Romance is how we strive towards greater things.

>im in the rust belt
No fucking wonder
There's a reason you fucks are called fly-over

On the East Coast every state has a distinctive culture

People kinda rate Ann Arbor as one of the nicest cities in the US or so. Is that true?

>Michiganer with delusions that his state has anything worthwhile aside from easy access to Great Lakes
Checks out. You at least have more qualities than Wisconsin I will give you that.

I assumed it was a Coloradan making it since they made Colorado its own category (wtf)

Great post btw, me and my husband went to Grand Rapids for our honeymoon and had an amazing time, the ideal midwestern twee-city. Easily beats out A^2 imho.

Wisconsin has cheese

CHEESE
H
E
E
S
E

>all the way to NY State
that's a big region

For Utah

A2 is the home of U of M. It's very much a college town in many regards, but a lot of professionals with great degrees do live there, too. Highest average income in the state by far and also likely the highest cost of living. It often does make those meme "best livable cities" lists that get published.

I haven't lived there but I can tell you that people who are from there are stereotyped as assholes. And extremely leftist.

>distinctive cultures
their sharts contain different cultures of bacteria

Thanks user. Glad you enjoyed it.

If you want to more forward, stop bastardising the English language with your disgusting Americanised spelling conventions.

>Wisconsin makes hundreds of types of cheese
>Buy sharp cheddar made in another state despite being living close to the state border

That's a pretty huge aside considering the Great Lakes are the largest Freshwater reserves in the entire USA (Californians would kill for this kind of water).

The only people who say "fly over" are weird coastals who as I said in my first post confuse ridiculous levels of economic disparity with culture. "Wow New York/LA/San Fran sure have a ton of rich people! This must be what culture looks like!" Nope sorry.

Its "nice" but a little cutesie. Its a little twee. Pure college town crap feeling surrounded by affluent suburbs surrounded by countryside. It doesn't have that nice solid working class foundation to it. There's no weight there but its "nice" enough sure.

Different poster btw.

I can't speak for the NY part but Southern Ohio is most certainly Appalachian. Lots of Appalachian migrants came here for factory work in the 60s from Eastern KY and stayed

The easiest way to evaluate culture is to measure it's power, aka how well it's known worldwide. I can name Pacific Northwest, California (Silicon Valley, Central Valley, SoCal), New York Metropolitan Area, Sunbelt, Deep South, Rustbelt, South Florida, Texas, Plains rural, Colorado. Everything else is Generic.

Both descriptions of Ann Arbor sound very similar to the way people comment on Madison, WI

I get the cheese from the college kids at East Lansing dairy store. Great stuff and I don't have to support the deformed non-mitten that is Wisconsin.

Like this post if you remember the mitten """controversy""" of the early 2010s.

Holy shit there are so many Michfags on this board. Makes me feel weird seeing a surge lately, but whatever.

To be honest, Detroit is doing alright but I'm worried about the nigger flood moving back to the suburbs. I live in Bloomfield, but I'm not a WASP or anything. Hispanic, and I don't live in a bubble either. Went to school in Troy, Birmingham and now Dearborn. Flunked out of Western. So I've got plenty of experience with this magnificent shitshow of a state that I still dearly love.

1) As far as Detroit goes, the city won't recover completely but at least it'll straggle on. It being a containment center for leftist yuppie fucks is also a bonus. Ann Arbor is getting crowded, and I don't want Grand Rapids taking the Californian migration stampede alone. Keeping these fucks packed in Detroit as taxpaying cucks wedged between niggers and the burbs is fine by me.

2) Dearborn is shitskin central, and I'm aware I'm a beaner so the irony is not lost. But holy shit I've never seen so many headscarfs and ninja outfits. That said, a lot of qt's sitting around, so I might finally smash latina and MENA poon instead of dealing with whitebread upper crust grills with too much money and attitude. As far as culture and living go, Dearborn is amazing for being a fat fuck unironically. So many Arab restaurants with regional variations on common dishes, with Syrians and Lebs and Iraqi's doing their own unique take on otherwise pretty simple dishes.

3) Kalamazoo was alright, but I didn't dig the scene too much. I was a booze hound at Western, so all I saw was people (including myself) piss away money on alcohol, sex and drugs. No intellectual vibrancy outside secluded grad student dorms doing shit-tier research outside of the aerospace and mechanical department (cocksuckers left the EE students to dry). The city is full of the worst type of nigger, and they make the city at night spooky. Train station looks like a shithole, and the McDonald's always hosts the same pimp.

They do

>and the McDonald's always hosts the same pimp.

t. never been stateside
>let me tell you about your country

Australia is so irrelevant its amazing you may as well as be some weird island state.

>filthy spic complaining about niggers and hajis
l e l the absolute STATE of this fucking country.
Go back Paco you are not wanted.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledo_War

What do Michiganers here think of Ohio?

Nah, you're delusional. American "cultural" differences can usually be summed up by race and wealth.

he owned up to it you faggot. he's completely self aware

>Go back Paco you are not wanted.

This is now a MICHIGAN thread

Post pictures of the two peninsula state.

@83127944
dont talk to me you goddamn gook.