The Flash: Rebirth storytime

Barry Allen has beaten death, but all the running he did in the past as the Flash was a warm up for the high-speed race he'll have to sprint now that another speedster has turned up dead! DC history will be made, and the Flash legacy will be redefined throughout this event!

>Redefined

Hehe

Just comixlogy description I know lol

>Wally sees the next 8 years

Only good thing from this was Thawne's lightning rod pimp cane

Yeah thawne dickery

This

I really should have read Johns' Flash saga

Well that user is storytiming all of The Flash vol 2 so they'll get to Johns eventually

I think it's the weakest part of the Volume

People always recommend it. What do you think's better?

mediafire / ?pac9t397iwjfp

Not mine, found the link in one of those older sharing threads

I think is wally run was so much better than the his barry run besides the renegade rogues and thawne origin issues.

>What do you think's better?

Messner-Loebs and Waid's runs. Also the short Baron and Millar/Morrison stuff

the kids ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So in general, what should I read for Flash?

Never really got into him despite hearing it's great

It's come up in the Wally Flash but man Wally's hero worship of Barry makes so much sense when you know his parents

The Flash vol 2 #1 onwards

Cool

Whoah. anybody want to mention them by name??

>>MSG: Like with Hal Jordan, you had a critical place in the return of Barry Allen in Flash: Rebirth. What do you feel Barry brings to the DC Universe that’s unique among speedsters?

EVS: He’s the first Silver Age DC hero. I just love Barry Allen as the Flash. I was the guy who was really pushing to bring him back. When I would be in a cab with Dan DiDio, I would talk to him about the Flash. The series was having a lot of trouble and suffered through three relaunches that failed at the time. I said, “If you’d only let us bring back Barry Allen and let us do Flash: Rebirth, I’m sure we could get that franchise back on track again.” He would reply, “Oh no. He died a hero.” But I think we wore him down after some time, and he began to think it was a good idea. And indeed it was.

[Somebody yells from the con floor, “No, it wasn’t!”]

Ha ha ha! Must be a Wally West fan! But it’s led to Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato’s amazing Flash series, so all in all, it was a good idea. The Flash is working again.

>>And I wanted to be the guy who brought back Barry AND Hal. I wanted that just to be me. I gave up Blackest Night to do it. You have to remember, I had co-created that story with Geoff and I was supposed to do that, and suddenly the opportunity to do Flash: Rebirth came up. I had a choice and I had to think about that long and hard. I chose to do Flash just because of that, to be able to bring back both Hal and Barry. I figured that would mean more to me long term, even though I watched Blackest Night happening with my teeth grinding — thinking, “This is so cool! Why am I not drawing this?!?!” But I got to design all that stuff.

>evs was supposed to draw BN
thank god we got reis

courtesy bump