What's Sup Forums's opinion on the sandman ? Just torrented it, bretty gud so far

What's Sup Forums's opinion on the sandman ? Just torrented it, bretty gud so far

my mom is a big comic-head and recommended i read it when i was like 12.

she had forgotten about the bit with the guy in the diner and all of the worldwide psycho atrocities.
thats heavy shit for a kid and its kind of spooked me out of reading any more of it. it just felt too awful.

death is cute.

Of what I've read, it's very good.

I want to fuck Death of the Endless.

It's very good. Seminal.

It's a classic. A critically lauded masterwork. Ya, it's pretty good.

Didn't understand the first story arc
Third/Fourth arc seems pointless other than the introduction of the Endless.
World's end was good but again, I don't see the point of it in the overall story

Its okay, I think its really fucking overrated but its not terrible or anything

It's a weird case in which the main character is an insufferable edgy Mary Sue but it still works and is pretty good.

Most of Sup Forums hasn't read it and doesn't talk about it, so you're safe to assume it's great.

It's one of the best comics from the big two I've ever read and thanks to that I'll never full enjoy anything from DC and Marvel again.

It's one of the few comics about an almighty character that is good, death is a cutie, and Lucifer is awesome

Emperor Norton best story

I get this, BUT the stories are still great. AND a lot of them make more sense when you reread it and get the whole picture.

its excellent

and unlike many series, it actually gets better near the end

maybe if you arent familiar with DC you won't enjoy as it much; it throws MANY in-universe references and bits around while staying mostly out of the usual DCU business

Dream was Gaiman's selfinsert

of course he would be mary-sueish

I had read some a long time ago when i was in high school, it didn't really stick in my memory but it was enjoyable. One of my professors worked on it, so I read a bit more of what I could find. Really neat stuff.

The Hall family stuff is a bit of a clusterfuck, though that's not solely Gaiman's fault

My favourite comic of all time. It's just really well written, even if the arts slacks off a few times.

>Mary Sue
>Was so flawed, he just upped and killed himself because of it

So, how long till DC starts to shamelessly mine Sandman to use it for shitty superhero events and crossovers?

We don't discuss it much here because it's a classic and pretty much universally acclaimed so yeah, keep reading. This is good stuff. Storytelling at its best.

Love it, one of my favourites. Cried like a little bitch at the end