>Best duel
>Best episode

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!ygUBGRIY!Vo1b4w6eXG2OIXqVL0i8ZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WOeYPpOblAw
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8OXczMiFWUU#t=113
youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have only seen a handful of episodes but this show is amazing. Love the one where they assault a Spanish fort

That describes a few of them, user

hornblower > that cartoony sharpe

>it's a 'posh officers assume sharpe is below them but come to the unpleasant realisation that he actually outranks them' episode
every time

The battles all start to look the same when you marathon it. Had some nice qts tho.

>GRRM is such a fucking hack that he doesn't know that cannons didn't exist in the medieval era

>Best villain
Hakeswill
>Best girl
Lady Kiely
>Best Chosen Man
Harris
>Best Officer
Dally
>Best Duel
Against El Matarife
>Best Episode
Eagle

This show should be redone
Sure the caliber of actors isn't the same but the production and camera work on television have gone up
And that's what this series needed, it's aged terribly

I'm a devoted fan of the original but I would utterly love a reboot

>It's a Sharpe comes to be genuinely respected by another officer
Best ones desu

I'm not gay but young, skinny Sean Bean is fucking handsome as fuck

Plenty of fanservice on this show

no shame in that

OFFICIAL SHARPE EPISODES POWER RANKING

CHOSEN MAN TIER
Company
Enemy
Regiment

RIFLEMAN TIER
Rifles
Eagle
Sword
Revenge
Waterloo

REDCOAT TIER
Honour
Battle
Siege

BAD FANFICTION TIER
Mission
Justice

UNNECCESARY SEQUELS TIER
Challenge
Peril

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT TIER
Gold

They've currently got a television series based on the author's other series of books The Last Kingdom. Solid enough show, with series 2 being very good.

>it's a Sharpe begins to respect another officer episode

Which one was that episode with those 10 french guys marching towards the castle and they were on sharpe's side for some reason?
dont remember much about the show, maybe i should rewatch but i can barely find quality episodes anywhere

What is love?

>i can barely find quality episodes anywhere

God I hated the India movies
Toby Stephens was cool though

>maybe i should rewatch but i can barely find quality episodes anywhere

thank you familias

I don't know how I'd feel about a Sharpe revival without a young Sean Bean.

It would be interesting if they decided to go much closer to the books and have Sharpe black-haired and London-born, as opposed to Bean's blonde Yorkshireman. Also they could incorporate the prequel novels and other stuff Cornwell did since the movies finished, although admittedly some of that is pretty crappy.
Paul McGann aka the 8th Doctor was the original choice but he broke his ankle two weeks into filming and they recast him. Initially there was a fan backlash against Bean because he was so different, but that was all forgot once everyone saw him in action, and Cornwell dedicated one of the books to him by way of "blessing" his performance.

There was a different Teresa originally too, who was also closer in appearance to her book counterpart than the later actress. I don't know why she was changed.
The guy who played Harris took heaps of photos and amcam footage of behind-the-scenes stuff, he still goes around fan conventions and Napoleonic shows to sell his tapes

This is the best behind the scenes pic though. It speaks volumes.

>

You just know

Most of the battle scenes are pretty hopeless t.b.h. The director had no idea how to do action sequences.

The real problem was the lack of budget, and having to make 20 guys, two horses, and some smoke, look like a massive army. This is particularly bad in Waterloo, which is supposed to be grandest of all, but they had totally run out of money so you literally see nothing of the actual battle.
The battle of Talavera in Eagle is probably the best overall.

Such a shame she married a Rich ugly fucker

she's been divorced since 2011

I'm adding young Sean Bean to the very short list of actors I'd go gay for. What a handsome bastard.

She still wasted her youth,
she could have made shit tons of beautiful babies with Handsome people. desu
Coincidentally who are the actors on your list ?

Nikolai Coster-Waldau
The Goose

>reboot
>British army is 50% black
No thanks.

Best girl is Liz Hurley no fucking contest

Fuck I loved Sharpe. Any good torrents?

>Camera work has gotten better on television in general
Wrong, Sharpe has extremely good talent behind the camera considering it's Budget.

Whats the quality like on these puppies?

>>Best villain

These webms are made from them

The credit song version is great and really suits the mood of the show.

youtube.com/watch?v=WOeYPpOblAw

Going to marathong this shit and Hornblower soon.

>Best villain
Hakeswill
>Best girl
Liz Hurley
>Best chosen man
Perkins
>Best officer
The young Ensign that Hakeswill shot in the back
>Best duel
Mata
>Best episode
Sharpes Enemy

around the 3rd episode when Sharpe slept with another woman while married to Teresa I stopped caring for Sharpe.

Except you had cannons at Crecy.

He had Liz Hurley throwing himself at him, it would have been impossible to resist
Ironically he's later totally loyal to Jane

Based Bean

Thank you very much user, I have tried to look for these more than once and failed.

Hornblower is superior but fuck man only 8 episodes.....
>series was cancelled due to costs (b/c all practical effects)
>tfw you learn Ian Guffard (hornblower) wanted to pay to continue the series himself
>says he was gonna use his Fantastic Four/etc money to purchase the rights and do it
>never really made it to Hollywood A list
>never got the funds/rights to Horatio novels
>FUCK

Hornblower's wife and mother and law were annoying in the last couple of episodes

They were supposed to be. Hence his feigned interest in the entire marriage/etc. I should read the books.

>Reject a woman
>Now you're a monster
Lel

It's all about context. Up to that point she hated all things English. There is a comic element though.

Top kek. I binged this series about a year ago but never finished; Sharpe's siege is coming up. I watched whatever one followed Sharpe's Gold last. I didn't get burnt out, just distracted. I loved almost every one.

I don't know how I'd feel about a remake. I wouldn't mind them following the books more closely, but Sean Bean owned the role so well that it just wouldn't feel the same without him.

>Best villain
Hakeswill (come on is there anybody else?)
>Best girl
Teresa.
>Best chosen man
Dan.
>Best officer
Ross.
>Best duel
Don't really have one.
>Best episode
Enemy, though I wish they'd not use that same village set for like five episodes.

>Sharpe's siege is coming up.
It's a personal favorite. The scenes with Bampfylde are pure Sharpe.

Is there a more hateable character on television and literature than Jane? I watched the show when I was somewhat young, then I've rewatched it a few times over the years and I find myself despising her more and more every time.

>Sharpe could probably get a wealthier, prettier broad but he saves her from Simmerson's abuse and being whored off to a husband she'd despise.
>Gets wet for the poet guy once Sharpe goes off for five minutes and is only stopped because of based Harris.
>runs away with all her husband's money because he got into danger again (almost as like he's a soldier and a officer)
>at this point she just wants to teach him a lesson but it was still a cunt move
>somehow loses ALL her husband's money
>decides to fuck the first gentleman who so much as looks at her
>spends all HIS money
>tries to fuck over and insults Sharpe because he has the audacity to be pissed she ran away, cheated and spent all his money
>manipulates Rosendale into trying to kill him
>pretty much gets Rosendale killed because he feels like a cuck next to Sharpe and has to prove himself
>his book death is even worse than the show (bleeding out on a field and gets his fingers cut off by scavengers)

Yeah I dunno why I wrote that all out but wow. I really hate Jane. I wish they'd included a scene showing what a shitty life she's living after Waterloo.

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8OXczMiFWUU#t=113

I think it's kinda charming desu senpai.

The best battle in the show is the one where they charge the fort at night and Sharpe goes into a bloodlust

He'd made a perfect Gaunt. Instead of a Sharpe reboot they should make a Gaunt's Ghost series if they could get the budget. It's basically Sharpe in space anyway.

Still not looking too bad these days.

Niceone for making all these webms m8, I saved loads ages ago.

>some shitty derivative fanfiction designed to sell toys
you're actually suggesting that's better than sharpe. jesus fuck kys, manchild.

What show is this?

It was a labour of love

Badajoz?

lmao even english hating french women can't resist the bean

Where did I say it was better? I just don't want 'em to fuck up Sharpe by making a shitty reboot.

>manchild
>from the guy telling someone to kill themselves

Paul Bettany was an annoying twat in this.

B E A N E D

>ywn have a qt feisty Spanish tomboy waifu desperate for some lovin'
;_;

Yeah, he definitely became a lot less of a respectable hero at that point in my eyes too.

They really do a hatchet job on the Prince of Orange, he was nowhere near that useless, but Cornwell needed his obligatory toff idiot antagonist.

The absolute STATE of that comment section. Makes for some interesting reading though.

It's laughable shit that hipsters only like because it's so old that it's obscure.

oooo get her.

>obscure

Found the Americlap.

Funny thing about Jane was I think the actress and Bean just divorced from a short marriage around this time, to the hate she had for "Sharpe" could have been genuine.

Indeed their marriage was ending at the same time as their characters', which does give an edge to things.

Funny thing about that webm was none of that was in the script, that was just her talking to Bean. At least that's how I like to imagine it.

Protip: You're on an American site and history is viewed through the eyes of the current rulers (America). If you're not comfortable with these facts, go hang out on whatever image board your failed, second world country created.

>that webm

bit harsh

BADAHOTHHHHHHHHH

youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

is that Wesley wyndham pryce in the webm?

Yeah I think it is.

Your autism is creeping into the background.

why contain it?

Because being abnormal isn't acceptable, no matter what single mommy told you.

For England, James?

>The battles all start to look the same when you marathon it.
you mean lacking a budgett so it's just handful of cosplayers instead of real regiments and units?

Are the new ones (in India) any good?

The problem they have is being based off the books that are prequels, so you get shit like Not-Hawkeswill and having to right 'around' being set in the wrong period and inevitably when TV writers are forced to do their own OC content it goes to shit.

They're not Sharpe's Gold tier bad though.

what episode should i watch to make the decision whether i like it or not?

Which episode is quintessentially Sharpe?

i read the books and stuff already.

do not bully pls

Probably Eagle or Sword.

You forgot best sergeant/bro character.