youtube.com/watch?v=A2QvN17Ue4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=x3BU-_u_nvY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_Nishiguchi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For anyone wondering that's Angst 1983

It's hard to top that
Maybe Schramm?

Naked 1993.

The main character is an incredibly resentful person who goes about trying to turn others like him. The main "antagonist" is basically the other side of the same coin who uses physical strength not intellectual cynicism.

Pic related. It doesn't seem like it on the surface because it's a comedy, but it's got a pretty black heart.

NARC

Oh fuck off, its not an unknown movie. Its actually one of my favorites. Dont flatter yourself like you know something that isnt completely obvious

literally vapid cunts: the movie

Have the Coens made any movies that aren't relevant to this thread?
I agree that Burn After Reading was the most mean spirited though

I wouldn't say A Serious Man is a hateful and angry film - though it really emphasises the 'black' aspect of a black comedy.

True grit? It's more melancholic than anything.

It's also not very good

>those girls in the diner
Hnnnggggg

The August Underground series

Settle down lad.

God Bless America.

OP said "hateful and angry" not "edgy and retarded"

Is that the guy from GOT who got his dick cut off?

Not obvious tho, and even after he said what it is, I still don't know what the hell movie it is. Also calm down

Literally me the thread

The Virgin spring
The King of comedy
Ex drummer
Dogville

I did not know what it was. You're a faget

youngfag just leave

i knew that movie was gay when i was an edgy 14 y/o

youtube.com/watch?v=A2QvN17Ue4Q

Guy at the video rental store recced me this. Real good.

Hateful dubs

Settle down faggot, not everyone is going to know what it is.

I agree with him, though.

That movie just oozed hatred. The whole thing was a lazy, quasi-escapist rant about Bill O'Reilly and people on the right in general while lumping them in with apolitical annoyances and scum.

Butter is another good example of this type of elitism and contempt for people with differing viewpoints and a complete inability to see through their eyes.

It just depends on what OP means by "hateful". I hadn't seen Angst so I immediately figured this was the kind of thing he meant, not something that encapsulates the feeling of hatred well.

God Bless America and Butter are both pretty fucking awful movies desperately trying to be edgy, but they're clearly very hateful.

Falling Down? its a bit to funny i think tho

here's the kino list:

Falling Down, a man despises degenerate Los Angeles and goes on a killing spree

Cruising, thriller about the hunt for a serial murderer who operates in the New York underground S&M scene and kills gays, a lot of gore and the gays are portrayed as degenerates with disgusting sexual practices, the gay lobby still REEEEE over this film. Al Pacino refuses to talk about this movie.

Irreversible, everyone knows this, very similiar to Cruising

Nil by Mouth, british film directed by Gary Oldman about the environment Gary grew up in, it's about really despicable people in the lower social classes of England, the main character played by Ray Winstone regularly beats his wife and is a general piece of shit

The War Zone, directed by Tim Roth, Ray Winstone plays a father who molests his children, Tim Roth made this movie to cope with his own traumatic past...

Bug, completely fucked up film about a man and a woman who lock themselves into a motel room and descend into complete madness and insanity, believing the government is out to get them...
again a film by Friedkin

Killer Joe, white trash thriller about a teen who hires a hitman played by matthew mcconaughey to kill his own mom to collect the insurance because he's in heavy debt to his drug dealer. he can't pay the hitman so he pimps out his little sister to the hitman, madness ensues...
film by Friedkin again

Tyrannosaur, similiar to Nil by Mouth, incrediblr performance by Peter Mullan who plays a british lower class piece of shit who kills his own dog at the beginning of the film because it barks to loud, the film slowly shows his arc of redemption, trying to become a better person

Cargo 200, it's a perfect movie for Sup Forums, the serial killer policeman could be straight from Sup Forums, just watch it, i promise you'll never forget this movie:
youtube.com/watch?v=x3BU-_u_nvY
if Gaspar Noe would make a movie about degenerate slavs something like cargo 200 would come out of that...

>Falling Down, a man despises degenerate Los Angeles and goes on a killing spree
he doesn't even kill anyone

what about the neo nazi and the spic?

the spic was already dying from the car crash and he just shoots him in the leg If I remember correctly. you're right about the neo nazi guy, but it was in self-defense.

ok, you're right, he really doesn't kill anyone actively, it's just the impression that was left by watching this film because he walks around with a gun threatening people most of the time...

FRIEDKIN is god

I had no clue what film it was
Lay off the coke, user

this was a snoozefest

man eats dog is far superior lads

For anyone wondering that's American Psycho 2000

O Brother Where Art Thou?

Thank you user.

yes! he's very underrated since barely anyone knows about his work beyond french connection and the exorcist which aren't even his best films.
He had a lot of bad luck, Sorcerer came out the week after Star Wars and was completely overshadowed by it. Fuck George Lucas for ruining New Hollywood and american cinema forever...
After Star Wars people stopped caring about real kino so most of Friedkins films flopped after that. Cruising and To Live and Die in LA suffered the same fate...

its man bites* dog you wannabe

Coens films are very cynical but i wouldn't say that they're hateful and angry. maybe blood simple fits that category...

>not a single mention of Vengeance is Mine

what's that one about? is it good?
sell it to me user

Just a guy killing as many people randomly as he can.

memorable ending

yeah, it's good, but then again so are all Shohei Imamura films.
also based on a true story.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akira_Nishiguchi

So this is what autism looks like.

Thanks, user.

Oh fuck off, its not an unknown movie. Its actually one of my favorites. Dont flatter yourself like you know something that isnt completely obvious

Oh fuck off, its not an unknown true story. Its actually one of my favorites. Dont flatter yourself like you know something that isnt completely obvious

Burn After Reading was the most enjoyable cuz I didn't care about what happened to any of those clowns
Big Lebowski left me angry at the reactionary/violent walter sobchak not getting some kind of payback

But Walter is one of the most likable characters in The Big Lebowski.

might as well recommend Sorceror as an extremely dark and depressing movie. One of the best ever though.

what the other user said man. Walter like the rest of the group is a lovable loser. Donny the Dude and Walter are all frustrating losers with character faults, but that just makes you root for them because they are out of their element.

There were 1999 more of those movies? No wonder Hollywood has gone to shit. How creatively bankrupt.

i thought about it but Sorcerer is very nihilistic/pessimistic but is still wouldn't describe it as a dark and hateful film like Cruising/Bug/Killer Joe.
doesn't fit to OP

Yeah after the business card showdown in 1472 they were really just phoning it in.

>ITT: The most thoroughly hateful and angry anons

I love this movie though

None of the Coens' movies are outright hateful

If...

Based Varga

*tips fedora

Yeah they are, they're a loathsome pair because they haven't even the courage of their snobbery, and anything aesthetically worthwhile in their stuff is a retread of stuff done decades earlier.

>yeah, it's good, but then again so are all Shohei Imamura films.

No.

Yeah, they all are.

Their last one with Clooney was absolute trashing of the Old Hollywood. Probably their weakest film.

Might not be as bloody and violent as the others ITT but it's certainly got a lotta hate

Most of Haneke's work

No, it's one in the long line of complacent middlebrow movies that pretend to tackle the "horror" of the American dream while being sincerely glad that the country is as simple and easy to sucker as it is - or how else would second-raters like PTA thrive? See also The Godfather, a celebration of brutality that pretends to face it soberly while glorying in it.

i liked Hail Caesar a lot. a very charming film, i even wish it was longer and i would have loved to see more of Channing Tatum's gay actor character and that whole comfy old hollywood.
it's also very redpilled as it showed how the communist writers implemented leftist propaganda into their movies. It's also very funny that none of the leftist writers actually wanted to go to the Soviet Union at the end, that really put their idealistic hard-on for communism into perspective.
that's the time when SJW infected hollywood was born...

>very redpilled

Nope, just the usual neoliberal patronage of real idealists. Between a pragmatic neoliberal Hillary supporter and a real commie, give the latter every time. Why the fuck should they have wanted to go and live somewhere they don't speak the language and would have trouble earning a living? This is typical Coen bullshit.

>neoliberal Hillary supporter
>pragmatic
i hope this is bait. how can someone be so delusional about modern politics?
modern commies and neoliberals are just two sides of the same coin, in the end they're both bootlicking hilary and the DNC no matter what degree of corruption they're rightfully accused of...

Stop projecting your family problems onto other people.

What? Where in the OP did he say the movies have to be unknown?

Aren't you the prettiest little contrarian. What's next, are you going to dissect the hidden genius of the religious imagery in Snyder's capeshit films?

You're waaaay off if you think There Will be Blood is political. It's a personal story about a deeply misanthropic man who hates every single person he has ever met. Nothing to do with shitting on America or anything like that.

For anyone wondering that's Avatar 2009

people who use the word "contrarian" are retards

makes perfect sense when you're praising a PTA film though lol.

Please tell me what obscure french new wave copycat directors I should enjoy instead, please

When the kid gets bummed

Wow, the Edge.

the Rover

Also The Proposition is good as well.

Jeremy was so fucked.
Naked is a good movie but I feel like it gets overrated frequently.

Irreversible comes to mind, except for the end/beginning I suppose.

kys I didn't know what it was and am glad this guy went out of his way to tell us

you guys can try pic related it's basically 2 guys bullying a deaf girl

Man bites Dog is fucking great. Check it out OP

This movie wasn't as extreme as I expected it to be, but it was still good.

Dude not liking TWBB is seriously just one of the most trilby doffing things.

Sorry, *saying TWBB is bad is trilby I meant to say.
Already getting drunk over here.

For anyone that's wondering that's me on the top

Maybe not hateful, but this movie is angry for sure

As the movie go on, the main character get angrier and everything catch on fire and blowup

Damn, you are right user, Star Wars set us toward the Blockbuster 80s and was the objective Death of the Auteur Era. Good call. Even Rocky and Jaws still had something left of the 1970s with their interesting yet depressing endings and happenings.

it was star wars and Heavens Gate who ended new hollywood. Michael Cimino went completely insane during the making of heaven's gate, demanding more money and refusing to cut the movie down from its original multiple hour version. spielberg was also instrumental in creating mindless blockbuster cinema, thus creating a childish population of cinema goers, pauline kael predicted modern capeshit cinema in the early 80s when she wrote during her review for indiana jones that future cinema will pander to manchildren. it all came true.
i recommend you to read "Easy Riders, Raging Bulls" if you're into film history. it depcits in detail how hollywood suddenly started making kino all of a sudden during the 70s and why studios financed all those great movies without interfering during the production.

Funny Games

bad lieutenant