/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

Hawk Edition

Use this to make new threads: pastebin.com/u92hX6rX

WARNING: If you haven't watched until S3E04, spoilers abound.

FAQ:
>I want to get into Twin Peaks, in which order should I watch it?
Season 1 > Season 2 > Fire Walk With Me > The Missing Pieces > read Secret History of Twin Peaks (optional) > Season 3
>I have never watched Twin Peaks, can I start with Season 3?
No.*
>I have not watched Season 2, can I skip to Season 3?
No.*
>I have not watched Fire Walk with Me, can I skip to Season 3?
No.*
>I watched the new episodes without ever watching any of the old stuff and still enjoyed it. You mad?
No.
>Has everything leaked?
No.
Ep 1-2 were released normally on 21st, Ep 3-4 on the internet that same night.
Ep 3-4 will be re-aired on 28th. You can find torrents for 1-4 already.
>When does Episode 5 air?
June 4, same time as premiere

*By "No" we mean "You shouldn't if you actually want to enjoy the series and understand the motifs/story"

Music:
youtube.com/watch?v=IGUboLZx3Tk
youtube.com/watch?v=yPW-cPfkd4E
youtube.com/watch?v=5l2EbSK8bNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=khMlcTE7lw8
picosong.com/MTTA/

Links:
>The Secret History of Twin Peaks (MOBI)
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=933D7216D1B8C38C9F507E2624886FBF
>"Diane..." The Twin Peaks Tapes Of Agent Cooper
archive.org/details/DianeTheTwinPeaksTapesOfAgentCooper

Meanwhile...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=msMehuZo3x8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=msMehuZo3x8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Call for help.

Second for Chrysta Bell.

>no Graham
Why did Lynch fuck up? He even had her in FWWM.

Why does Lynch hate niggers?

second for Sonny Jim is a retarded name and I want a mommy handjob from Naomi Watts

HELLOOOOOOooooOOOO

Call for help.

HELLOOOOOOO~oooooooo~OOOOOOOOO

x for plebbest show with entry level abstract shit

Third season is shit because it turned into meme shit insead of comfycore.

>he's been replaced by a fucking tree

That's not a Fargo thread.

HELLOOOOOOOOooooooooo-OOOOOO!

Crazy theory, but maybe the numbers represented the episode numbers in the season. This all happened in Episode 3, and he returns to the real world in Episode 3 through the number 3 power socket. Maybe if he went through 15 he'd appear in the real world whenever episode 15 happens in the season and maybe that is a really bad situation and that's why the blind lady was stopping him.

Annie was my least favourite character desu

So fucking laughably bad

>implying mike wants the show to be nothing but comfycore even though he wouldn't have had any screentime

>Coffee
>Cherry Pie
>Gum you like
>Diane
>Small mexican chi-wow-wow

It's the original meme show

>I need to be debriefed by you abou this work, Gordon.
>I will tell you the whole story, all its twist and turn,
>and I was going to do so. I was on my way to present it to you.
>I was... a little bit behind schedule when my car veered over across the road, and I had my accident.
>I need to be debriefed by you, Gordon.
>I was on my way to present it.
>I was a little bit behind schedule when my car veered over across the road, and I had my accident.

>tfw James aged better than Bobby

Sounds good.

3 > 1 > 4 > 2

Really? I thought grey Bobby looked pretty great. James looks a hell of a lot better than in the promo photos though.

Threadly reminder to filter all trip fags.

Who were they talking about here? It has to be Diane, right? She knows him better than anybody.

it's Diane played by Laura Dern, it's basically all but openly confirmed

It's Audrey Horne for sure.

I'm thinking that Laura Dern will play Diane.

>no lara flynn boyle

shit series desu, donna was the best character

Says the spirit so doesn't "need" anything

I would say Annie but she's not in the show right? Then it's probably Diane.

Threadly reminder that James is still cool

That scene was really unsettling. Why was his voice so low-pitched?

Every negative review so far merely criticizes the show for being "random" and hard to follow

Really? It's almost a perfect continuation from the last episode

Cooper enters, his Doppleganger exits, for 25 years he's been trapped in the Black Lodge, which only opens when certain planets are aligned

How is that shit hard to follow? Fuck they even show flashbacks to explain in case you forgot

>DAVE WHY AREN'T YOU FILMING MY SCENES AT ALL?

That's what I thought at first too, since it cuts straight to the bar in Twin Peaks. But it doesn't really make any sense, she doesn't know Cooper at all and also Cole would have no real idea that they were close at any point because by the time he arrived in Twin Peaks they were sort of done.

He's trying to be Coop, not himself.

Weakened state from vomiting up all his garmonbozia maybe

Harder to keep up the full charade

Just watched all four episodes, pretty damn good old Lynch.

Although it feels more like Blue Velvet/Lost Highway than Twin Peaks.

I watched the 4 episodes with my mom who loved the show when it orignally aired.
She hates it.

He's referring to the blue color.

True, it's probably Diane.

Shit actor so it's a good thing.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Blue Velvet is pretty much Twin Peaks, i'd say the new show is more Eraserhead and Inland Empire.

I don't understand that either. The show is definitely unconventional and has a lot of extraneous patience testing surrealism, but as far as plot goes it is very easy to follow, it is just unfolding in a rather unconventional way.

>HELLOOOOOOOOooooooooo-OOOOOO!

Ayone feels Coopenganger looks kinda like evil Hawk with that hairstyle?

She got LYNCHED the fuck out.

My aunt loved the original series too and I don't know if she's seen this yet. She went to the first showing of Eraserhead in London though and loved that so she's probably more open minded about this.

NORMIE MOM BTFO

HELLLOOOOOooooo-OOOOOO!

Reminder that there is literally no reason to buy a T420 now that coreboot is on the T430

And no the keyboard is not a valid excuse when it takes a matter of minutes and costs less than 50 to swap out

The blind lady house is the most Lynch thing Lynch has ever done.

Reminds me of his old PS2 commercials.

My parents never watched Twin Peaks.

Pretty much this. She's not a big Lynch fan but she liked Blue Velvet but that was more in the style of old twin peaks. She wasn't a big fan of FWWM either. I already explained that it probably won't be the same but even then she was surprised.

LE OLD REDDIT SWITCHEROO xD

So Bob/Doppelganger can just hack in anywhere he wants?

He was literally typing gibberish and bypassing security.

Was thinking that. The hair makes him look old as fuck though, the Cooper haircut really works better.

This is the funniest scene so far, I was laughing so hard.

Is Lynch being cheeky about procedurals or is it just lazy? It seems to intentionally have this absurd air to it, I love the tone of the whole scene.

>WELCOME TO THE THIRD PLACE

wow. just watched the first half of episode 1. it feels so nice to have old characters meet new characters, and to see the development of everyone.

i think lynch is pretty easy to make fun of, and everyone wants to be cool and say "aw man twin peaks like totally sucks" because they want to be disappointed. i think his shit has a lot of depth. you can learn a lot from his work.

>his old PS2 commercials.
What's this?

tritwijwoj ig ihgdshgsdf
ojwogijrwoi jeoiewprwfesdkapww

Is Diane even a real person? Always thought it was Coops nickname for his diary

Of course it's intentional.

>T430

is that the one Fischler had on his desk in this scene?

I have to admit this much more "Lynch" than original Twin Peaks, aside some Lodge scenes and abstract humor it was easy to follow.

This is full on Lynch sniffing his drugs.

same

>it's supposed to be bad lol
I don't buy it. The scene with the fingerprint database was also stupid as fuck.

I don't consider the segment from when Coop meets the lady with no eyes to when he materializes in the real world "easy to follow." I have an idea of what I think happened.

This is what hackers do on tv

>complaining about acting in Twin Peaks

X220 four years stronk

OwO

youtube.com/watch?v=msMehuZo3x8

Never have i ever praised the studio execs that put the restrains on Lynch during old twin peaks. This is a fucking mess.

You think it's unintentional? How do you suppose that could even happen?

This madness.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=msMehuZo3x8

She's real. She's sent him shit in the mail when he was staying at the great northern and in deleted scenes of FWWM he's seen standing at the doorway to his office talking to her.

B T F O
T
F
O

i wish major briggs was alive, him and albert were my favourite characters in the series

I wonder though, when the show inevitably returns to Twin Peaks, will Albert still be a dick? There's no more sheriff Truman around :(((((

I could see people being mad by the first couple episodes. That start with the young couple getting killed by the Shadow Monster was well B-Horror movie shit.

But in Episode 3 the classic Twin Peaks music starts playing, the goofy humor is back in full force and everything is just like the classic show.

If you didn't enjoy Wally Brando I pity you.

does it matter how it looks? He needs to establish where the character is going next, what he types is gibberish because it being anything other than gibberish doesn't serve any purpose. And this comes from someone who rarely defends lynch for bad aspects of his work

I mean watch it for yourself with audio, do you not get that feeling at all? Does it just seem like a poorly made scene to you? Cause I don't get that at all.

He jusy bypassed mainframe while enchancing firewall.

L Y N C H E D
Y
N
C
H
E
D

Oh god, you're hacking in! You're doing it! THE CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SA-

Why is this a thing?

Well, scene with fingerprints is competently made, but Coop types gibberish. Either it was made by totally different people or it was intentional.

>satire isn't real

>Laura Dern as Diane in The Return
>we never see her or hear her voice
You all ready to get LYNCHED?

>Doppelganger
>Duckie (Dougie)
>Mummy with a bloody eye hole (One eyed Jack's)

It was all there.

Yeah, that shit would be passable in the old show since it's pretty much a soap opera, but right now that's not gonna pass.

Be right back, buying a PS2.

If you didn't enjoy HELLLOOUUU!!! you have no soul.

It was the main PS2 advertising campaign as well. I remember being skeeved out as fuck as a ten year old.