I know everyone's excited for the Rebirth issue, but can we all admit that he's a really, really mediocre writer...

I know everyone's excited for the Rebirth issue, but can we all admit that he's a really, really mediocre writer? Green Lantern, Flash, Justice League are all boring as fuck.

Sure. I think he's a better influence on comics than a writer, so I'm happy to see him move up to a creative control role. I get all the sensibilities and respect without the dialogue.

Some "People" on this board actually likes Forever Evil so...

I don't get why his Flash is so beloved? He wrote Wally without any personality and basically focused on the rogues the entire time. And all of the dialogue between the rogues is samey. I did like his Zoom arc though.

I'm not a particularly big fan of him either (a bit too self-referential for me), but it's almost like Sup Forums is literally incapable of understanding what subjectivity is.

It's not even a difficult concept, and yet everyone on Sup Forums fails at it.

No you misunderstand we are excited for the tone and editorial changes coming with rebirth we are dreading the special itself.

Sup Forums fuckinng loved Forever Evil as it was coming out. I've only seen hate for it recently in the wake of Darkseid War.

JSA is awesome. Green Lantern was great til about Blackest Night, then went on too long.
Darkseid war is pretty boring but Forever Evil was solid.

Nigga im excited for the special

It's been going a bit longer than that as some faggots got bootyblasted over it winning the poorly set up Sup Forums awards. Not Forever Evil's fault that the guy who set it up put OGNs up against miniseries and event comics.

This forced meme is getting old.

Go read Action Comics, JSA, and shut the fuck up.

Flash was OK even if you don't like the character, and the second best run if you do.

Green Lantern was spectacular.

Action Comics was top tier.

JSA was excellent.

Only crap runs were Justice League and Avengers.

Forever Evil was fun, anytime he touches the Rogues or Flash is pretty good, his Shazam stuff has been good, 52 was amazing, Sinestro Corp War was pretty fun, and his JSA is GOAT.
I mean he has had some stinkers, but at least he aint tomasi

Don't forget this

Where he hits the reset button on a bunch of the Rouges to just make them Flash villains again after they gave it up.

> Oh Captain Cold and the others didn't stop being being Flash villains because they changed it was all The Top mindwipeing them because Flash had Zatanna mind wipe him

Who the fuck is "we"?

No. Fuck off

I love the Rogues. I thought most of them were written quite distinct. Especially their Rogue profile issues.

>Green Lantern, Flash, Justice League are all boring as fuck.
I politely disagree.

I dropped out during his GL run. It was fucking obnoxious.

Every issue ended with some gigantic event which was reversed within 5 pages of the next and have absolutely no bearing on anything afterwards.

>Hals a Red Lantern!
>lol nvm
>Hals an Orange Lantern!
>lol nvm
>Batmans a Green Lantern!
>for a single page lmao
>The Spectres a black lantern!
>lol nvm
>Sinestros a white lantern!
>lol nvm
>All these characters are deputy Lanterns isnt that awe- oh its over
>Flash is infected with parallax!
>nevermind its okay now
>Hammond is infected with the orange lantern entity!
>nevermind
>Lobo has a red ring!
>nothing happens

It never fucking means anything. Rebirth will be no different. Anyone that actually things comics are gonna suddenly catapult back to how they were pre-watchmen is niave as fuck.

JSA isn't very good. In fact those characters are only good in All Star Squadron

His JSA is awesome though. I love that shit.

I don't know what your tastes are, but I clearly can't relate to them.

I'm betting if you tried to tell me what your favorite books are and why you like 'em, you'd sound to me like an alien trying to describe why you don't like Earth food because a steak doesn't taste like a gribsnoof or whatever they eat on your planet.

I haven't read action comics but his JSA is as boring as his other work. Robinson is the better JSA writer.

Geoff has had his hits and his misses. I'm of the mindset that his best work is behind him. But like said, his enthusiasm and passion is definitely suited to help DC get their shit together by making the movies a bit more like the comics.

Didn't Robinson bail after an issue of JSA? He wrote more?

Go to bed, Brevoort. This is the third thread you've tried to start today with this shitty opinion.

he left at 6 or 7

My favorite stuff is:
Starman
Moore's Swamp Thing
Promethea
Planetary
Shade The Changing Man
Busiek's/Stern Avengers
Moench/Jones Batman
Morrison's Batman & Robin
O'Neil's Question
Byrne/Hickman Fantastic Four

If you're gonna shitpost/insult someone, at least fucking spell it right.

All that time reading comics you hated could've been spent learning fucking punctuation.

Marvel's talent pool is just as bad, this isn't a company wars thing

I'm pretty sure the general consensus you read Waid's run for the heroes and Johns' run for the villains.

The vast majority of Wally's character development is finished by the time Waid shows up. Johns does an excellent job of taking this now firmly established character and putting him through the ringer, as you do any good hero.

Fuck, that's right.

Also
>select all the images of trains
>Thomas the Tank Engine is a choice
Good job, captcha.

*fuck, I meant by the time Johns shows up.

Vol. 3 JSA starts to go downhill, but the series starting from where he was cowriting with Goyer was good shit all around.

He is Jekyll or Hyde and nothing in between.

I honestly think when he is allowed to do what he wants, free of agendas he has written some really damn good capeshit.

Flash
JSA
Hawkman
Thing mini
Avengers
Green Lantern (pre rainbow lanterns)

But when he tries to be edgy or 'cool'? Its painful to watch him be a tryhard.

Infinite Crisis
Shazam
Batman Earth One
ANYTHING with Superboy Prime
Sinestro cock-suckery

And again he never seems to have a middle ground, just superb or suck, although I haven't read everything of his either.

I disagree

Batman Earth One is pretty fun. It should've been the New 52 Batman story imo.

JL is underwhelming but you gotta be dense to deny that he didn't have huge contributions to how cool the Rogues are now. And I know a lot of people resent the Rainbow Corps but I like it, Larfleeze is fucking hilarious and Sinestro Corps is best.

One or two surprises, but pretty stereotypically highbrow. I would've expected more Gaiman just to complete the cliché.

Not that those books aren't good, but when you call them your favorites and shit on the most classically cape-y writer in all of capeshit at the same time, you just read as dime-a-dozen pretentious guy.

Geoff Johns is a shit writer because he has nothing to say. If you take away the pre-established characters, he wouldn't have a single story inside him. It's just void. Everything he does has been done better by better writers in better comics.

But apparently all you need to pass for a great writer and a gangbuster seller in comics industry is a splash page with a "badass" pun and some optional gore.

He's the Michael Bay of the comic book industry

>most classically cape-y
You say that as a compliment and I see it as a reason why I don't like him.

I like capes, a lot in fact, I want more from them than what Johns has to offer. He writes like someone who has only read superhero comcis

Just another pull peddler

Holy shit O found tjis tpd on the floor with library taga in middle school and have had it ever since

You dropped out and yet you read the vast majority of it?

What are you even talking about considering I wrote Busiek, who's even more capey than Johns could ever be? Calm down, Johns is not the be all end all of average capeshit. I don't like him and I probably never will.

>really mediocre writer?
u r a fan of him? because mediocre sounds too kind for this moron. I remember Jl 1 from the new 52 batman " superman please..." Btman begging??? OH HELL NO!

Forever Evil was a huge collection of torn down tress and ink chasing after a decent idea. With ridiculous 'cash-in' tie-ins for the villains.

>Action Comics was top tier
These were decent to inventive (The LoSH run, but it's an idea he has since rehashed at least three times) to solid (the donnerverse tie-ins) but the solid books let to the crap fest that was New Krypton which was one HUGE, REALLY way too LONG cross-over which lead to NOTHING but Reset Panic Button pushing in the end, except for the mess that was GROUNDED.

Agreed. His best work pre-dates Blackest Dawnest Whatevs

Sad but true.

Sadder? Bay is probably more technically proficient, even if creatively barren, at his job than Johns.

>If I pretend to be a Batfag all criticism of Johns will be made invalid!

Why can't you fags actually talk about Johns flaws instead of screaming and trying to paint everyone in a bad light?
Jesus, fucking idiots with a personality cult.

>With ridiculous 'cash-in' tie-ins for the villains.
Uh, what.

The fuck is with all the Johns hate lately? Is it just because he phoned in the end of Darkseid war? Or is it because he's now more involved with WB, and people just want to predispose him to failure?

He gave Wally a lot more personality than Waid did. In Waid's run he's just a shonen protagonist
>"I can't do it"
>"But we believe in you Wally"
and his marriage problem felt real and you actualyl cared about him and Linda. They weren't a stupid made up comic book couple that just love each other because, they went through hard times and it showed. Also Rogues are top tier, having Flash only battle a new speedster every storyline is stupid.

He wrote 5. And they were awful.