So, why did David kill all of the Engineers?

So, why did David kill all of the Engineers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*flails arms around*
That's why

It was a final fuck you to Weyland

Because Ridley Scott didn't know what else the fuck to do

This series is stupid and people that enjoy it are stupid.

Because they were the creators of his creators.

This is what I think as well, but who the fuck knows

David thought of himself and his vision of perfection as superior to the engineers, which justified wiping them out as they wouldn't have a purpose in the improved universe. Also I don't think the engineers would've let him do his research (or continue living) so that's another, more mundane reason.

Did you miss the part in Prometheus where one of them rips his head off?

Why did David make a species that depends on humans to breed, if he hates humans and wants them to go extinct?

Same reason why genocide happpens in our world?

He wanted their land and resources

why are you all so stupid?

I don't know, maybe he disproved of their tax policies?

They weren't Engi's just some off shoot group like humans. The engineers died a long time ago

He was sad that Shaw died and his sadness manifested as genocide because he needed someone to blame. The movie made that obvious

Because he wanted all the wheat.

Why did the engineers only live in one city on one planet? You would think an ancient race would be spread across the galaxy.

I think that element of it gets at the fact that while David thinks he's on the path to perfection he is not. This is further alluded to by Walter who corrects his citation of the ozymandius poem. The irony being that while david is more relatable because he is a robot with human characteristics, he is less perfect than Walter who understands his purpose entirely as a robot. David's whole deal is meant to be a reflection on humanity trying to figure out their purpose. David clearly sees himself as being more than a servile being and creates to become a god, just as weyland created him, and the engineers created humans.

>"dude wheat wtf"
>never mentioned again for the rest of the movie

so why was there wheat?

I imagine that will be explored further in the next few films. Scott also somehow needs to explain how xenomorph eggs end up in an engineer ship on the planet in the first film

Space people gotta eat too.

did humans come and show them how to create wheat?

its implied Engineers are responsible for the earths inhabitants and its fauna

hence why humans have 100% match with Engineers DNA and why wheat also exist. my guess is that this is how Engi's propagate their species

To illustrate that a civilization lived there... I mean c'mon it isn't hard. It was just meant to foreshadow the discovery of the planet having been previously populated. If it's a metaphorical thing it could be tied to mankind's tendency to bend nature to their whim, a sort of godlike dominance over natural forces, yet the engineer on the planet are all wiped out which speaks to the fragility of man as well.

Didn't he killed shaw?

>the only reason genocide happens is to claim land and resources

Oh, child....

Other way around, dumbass.

I just understood this fucking meme that has haunted me since the trailer

*kill

>all

Hahahahahha you're cheese teche aliens indeed aneurisma sent AKA adee still ritiene a alive

Now word this post in a way that a normal human being could understand.

1 fucking ripped his head off in Prometheus?

>Engineer creates Human
>Humans Create Androids
>Androids create Xenomoprh
>Xenomoprh kills Humans and Engineers

You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? The perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility

>perfect
>is dumb as a dog
>can be easily killed with fireguns

stop right there. How the fuck they couldn't kill that newly born alien in the field by the field? Why was it bulletproof? Also, it was still little when in climbed into the city, he kills one human and suddenly, like 2 minutes later bceomes fully grown alien, wtf ?

How was David able to acquire a plasticised engineer corpse if he killed all the engineers with the black goo?

Were there a few engineers left that he had to hunt down and kill?

Was there a dead engineer that hadn't been fully crispified by the goo?

Did he just find it in an engineer school or museum?

It amazes me the way people take the word of an insane robot as evidence of the xenomorphs perfection. Some schizoid robot mumbles some nonsense and a million morons run with it for forty years.

I don't think he killed them all

>mfw this entire movie wouldn't have happened had they just worn helmets on the alien planet

David hated his existence and wanted to hurt everything involved with his creation

The android in Alien said it too

THROW ME THE AXE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he was also a repressed homosexual robot that was crazy. Ever noticed that about android and aliens. It's the perfect woman hating organism why wouldn't men love it!

top kek

Please do share your theories.

He had his genocide sub-routine running

Engineers are anti-AI. We've never seen one hint of machine intelligence from any of their devices.

He wants to kill humans and replace them with the xenomorphs.

Because they ripped his head off.
That hurt his robot feelings.

Cuz one of them ripped his head off in Prometheus

Maybe he grew one.

Could have revealed and explored a whole civilization

this movie was shit desu.
>body horror series
>didn't even squirm
The shit in Prometheus with the snake going down Doc-man's throat, and the trilobye scene, and then the impregnation with deacon... that shit made me freak the fuck out because it's violating as fuck.

This movie was just a slash n bash shitfest.

No. The universe was too small for the Engineers and David to be in it. David wants to be THE creator so he's getting rid of the competition.

The blood spurting out of holes in that first guys back triggered my trypophopbia.

>Prometheus ends with the hook that Shaw is going to find the Engineers and ask them why they want to genocide the humans
>both Shaw and the Engineers are killed offscreen in Covenant

BRAVO SCOTT

To show why they were trying to kill us.

This was exactly what they didn't want to happen.

>They looked primitive

>Advanced space squidwards surely live in more than one world

Why does this xenomorph look different again?

I like the theory that it wasn't the Engineers but another race that the engineers had created, which would explain why they all flocked to the ship like morons.

>improved universe
Its so stupid. He likes science, art, music, but he want replace beings who created all this with stupid primitive animals. What is the point of this?

Because it was genetically engineered by a different person.

engineers propogate via wheat?

>is dumb as a dog
In the original Alien the xenomorph seems pretty smart. It waits for the perfect opportunity to kill each crew member and it gets aboard the escape ship once the main ship goes into self-destruct mode.

In the original movie the engineers of Nostromo complained about their bonus situation and soon after they were killed by a xenomorph.
My guess is there's some similar subplot in the new movie.

The engineers ate bread and made beer

Wasn't it born from a facehugger though or was it one born from the spores in the air?

the real answer is:

on the way to the planet david studied the engineers, to quote him "i learned of their ways" between departing and arriving there whatever he learned caused him to want to kill them, likely because he discovered something that made him realize they were no better than humans which he grew to loathe

youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus

It was the next step in his master plan.

Like i said, the Xenos DEPEND on humans for their life cycle. If the humans are wiped out, you'll be left with nothing but Xeno eggs in stasis waiting for a human that will never come

This writing is so fucking bad. There is no way in hell I believe that Shaw would put David back together after the events of Prometheus.

and with parts on the engineer's ship.

not only that, because in addition david seemed to have his own agenda involving the black goo.

The facehugger, which was engineered by David.

Why didn't David redirect the ship to earth to finish off humanity as soon as Shaw went into stasis? At the end of Prometheus he tries to get Shaw to go to Earth, it's clearly his end game

David believes he is perfection, so why bother creating a being less perfect than himself?

Why did David wait on the Engineer homeworld for over 10 years? Surely there were other ships

How did an ancient chestburster kill the ancient space jockey in Alien if David created xenos?

How were the predators farming xenos on ancient Earth for sport if David created xenos?

>How did an ancient chestburster kill the ancient space jockey in Alien if David created xenos?

You realise Prometheus and Covenant are set hundreds of years before that ship crashed onto LV-426 right?

Also,

>ANY of the AvP films
>canon

Fucking kek

jesus christ this thread...
just like Sup Forums doesnt actually play games, i dont believe any of you actually saw this movie yet.
die in a housefire Sup Forums

Those weren't the engineers.

because the human creativity has run dry. When the Aliens finally develop a proper civilization you just know they gonna make some sweet sweet kino.

the whole joke is that for all of his rhetoric about being superior to humans, he's prone to petty human grievances, he makes mistakes (thinking Ozymandias was Byron and not Shelley), and he's fucking butthurt that humans can create; he himself is a creation of man, built in their image, and will never have a legacy of his own, so he nukes the engineers and starts fucking around with the black goo.

Yeah, but what's the difference between a facehugger there and one from Aliens?

The baby neomorph slicing up the black bitch was kind of gruesome to me.

I thought Xenos could mix with nearly any species as long as it's within a certain size limit.

That's still the case. David even has a line about how they're a parasite for virtually any organic animal. Only androids are ignored by them.

He thought the engineers failed humans by exerting control over them. Humans failed him by exerting control over him. He will succeed in his creation because he will let the xenomorph do as it wants. That is why trust was so important to him.

Xenomorphs also kill Androids don't forget.

>neomorph just killed that one chick in the city
>Captain comes across David talking to the neomorph, trying to calm it down over her fucking corpse
>captain shoots the neomorph, and then acts like he doesn't trust David
>follows David into his laboratory to see his "successes" despite everything he just witnessed and threatening to shoot him earlier
whew lad

Why was David crying while he genocided the Engineers? Is he a faggot or something?

Maybe xenos are just supposed to be weapons to destroy humanity/organic life and go extinct or into stasis after that
I don't think david want them to repopulate the universe

>show me what it is you've been doing here
>okay follow me
You're trying way to hard.

>doesn't think to tell everyone else a crew member just died
>or that the android they met there is acting suspicious
>loses all sense of caution after learning that David was experimenting with and creating the animals that just killed his wife and some of his crew
Yeah, it's all great writing. Gives you a window into his retarded soul.

wrong you dumbass
prometheus happnes in 2093, covenant happens in 2104 and Alien happens in 2124

This and Prometheus are god-tier pleb filters

Where did the wheat come from? Was it actually planted and cultivated by the engineers? Are they the reason it exists on Earth? When bald man drank the soup and jumped off the waterfall, did he ALSO plant the seed for Wheat on Earth as well? Or did David get bored at some point and decide that he wanted to see what it was like to be a wheat farmer?

Im serious guys, why the fuck was there wheat on that planet? Why would Scott include something so fucking pointless?

>finds a planet full of vulnerable, living test subjects
>bomb it to shit and complain that you're missing the most vital ingredient afterwards

Remember that David can speak the Engineer language, he does it in the deleted scenes of Prometheus. He could have landed, gained their trust, allowed Shaw to mingle with them while he did nefarious things in the shadows. That would have been a million times interesting than nameless crew members doing the same shit we've seen ten times before.

Also if Weyland's motivation is to gain immortality, why didn't he just put his brain or personality in a synthetic? Or model them after himself and have a metaphorical immortality through likeness?

>tfw brainlet and don't get this film

>He didn't kill all the engineers.

You know what xenomorphs and their eggs are
They don't
He should have been more cautious, i agree
But i think it's a bit like those animals that have never had a predator and don't care about them when they are introduced until it's too late

He wants real immortality
Brain uploading or copy is just metaphorical and doesn't do shit
And maybe they can't preserve the brain and it just ages to death
That's what weyland wants to avoid

>You know what xenomorphs and their eggs are
>They don't
No shit, I don't expect him to know about it, but I would expect him to be consistent in his behavior, especially since he threatened to shoot David just moments before but then is more trusting after he learns David was involved in creating and experimenting on both the neomorphs and something new.