How do Aussies celebrate Christmas since it's summer there?

How do Aussies celebrate Christmas since it's summer there?

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-property-for-rent/melbourne/c18364l3001317
youtube.com/watch?v=WFYRkzznsc0
youtube.com/watch?v=u99qH7W1Huc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We have never known winter so it pretty normal for us.

But do you go to the beach? Eat some ice cream? Get your tan on? Check out all the ladies in bikinis and reindeer antlers?

When I see pictures like these I have to remind myself that Australia is a real place with real cities and not an endless desert with tiny tin-shack towns dotting a rugged, almost inhospitable terrain.

Sometimes I forget Australia even exists, then I'm like...oh yeah, there's people down there. I mean I have friends from Australia who I talk to on a daily basis and yet I still can't bring myself to believe it's an actual place lol

barbecue with family and friends with beers and wine

>But do you go to the beach? Eat some ice cream? Get your tan on?
I live in Melbourne so no it'll probably overcast which is mostly inside weather.

This is the sort of ignorance I'd be ashamed to admit even anonymously. It's rather pathetic.

This is off topic but I was looking at places for rent in QLD and they're cheap as fuck. Either someone is scamming me or it doesn't cost as much to live there as I expected.

For some families its a big christmas lunch, others its a big christmas dinner and for some trying to split which side of the family they visit both.

But, the rundown is pretty much the same

>breakfast and presents
>start cooking lunch
>start drinking
>eat lunch
>start to get a bit pissed
>have a nap
>start cooking dinner
>get back on the booze
>eat dinner
>sleep off food coma

nice blog post

He goes to outback steakhouse too much. I just never think about Aussies because of the isolation. I can imagine small communities in a remote part of the world, but entire cities and countries just baffles me

it was until 1970 or so

I'm not the one to ask but I'm sure there are heaps of trailer parks full of bogans that are cheap af if you want to live like that.

We're one of the world's richest countries, m8.

I'm talking an apartment in the suburbs. When I convert the prices, it's about $300 CAD per month which is cheap af compared to here.

Calm down you dumb bogan

>$300 CAD per month
>per month
uh no

Fuck off, Gomer. Shouldn't you be "SWARIN AWN DE BAHBEL"

gumtree.com.au/s-property-for-rent/melbourne/c18364l3001317

There are properties for $370 AUD....You telling me that's a weekly rate or something?

yes weekly

lol you're 15 years too late with those insults, hotshot.

Then why the fuck don't they include the full price in the listing??

>15 years

Try one week, you inbred hick.

youtube.com/watch?v=WFYRkzznsc0

I've heard that they tell their children that Santa switches out his reindeer to kangaroos when he arrives in Oz due to the summer heat.

we go by per week here not per month

S*ppos out

>ywn live in west australia

kek

KEK

Then fuck that. A tiny ass one floor apartment isn't worth $2,000 a month. I can buy a house here for that much

>my apartment should cost more in february and less in june
Retard

Australia is expensive as fuck to live in bro. Not worth it

>$370 AUD
>a month
probably not even in alice springs

Here only studio appartments go for that much.

>wanting to live in a madmax shithole wastland

Most US cities were literal war zones in the 70s. At one point in the late 70's Miami had a murder rate of something like 250 murders per 100k people. The police had so many bodies to deal with they hired meat lockers to store them.
It's amazing how far the world has come in 40 years.

You'd be lucky to get any apartment for that much here. Average is about $600-$700 where I live

They throw fireballs at each other

If rural, maybe.

in what state?

That's what's cool about it.

Do you guys throw poo at each other?

A 2 bed room appartment with a balcony is 600 here
In the city
Kansas

take everything cool about mad max out and keep the shithole part and you've got austalia

You'd laugh if you knew who you were talking to

I honestly don't know why people even rent here. A $300 per month mortgage will get you a small one story home. $600 a month could get you something like a large country house

well, what exactly can you do in Kansas for employment?

average Melbourne Christmas

Oh sure. Renting is retarded. I'm gonna buy a small older home for 30-40k outright and have ALL of my expenses be 500-600/mo.
There are all sorts of jobs are Wichita and Kansas City (the two main/growing cities) small towns in the middle of nowhere though don't have much and are dying.

>32c

JUST

What are considered the warm months there? January and February?

youtube.com/watch?v=u99qH7W1Huc

August is the cold month

I said warm. I assumed Jan/Feb because those are our cold months. July and August are our hottest months and probably the only months we get decent sunshine

You mean for us? In the southern hemisphere the seasons are reversed.

how much for an apartment on top of that tallest building?

yeh Jan/Feb gets really hot

I'm saying August is the cold month. All the other months are warm months. But yeah more specifically Jan and Feb are the 40+ degree day months

About tree fiddy

>>>/reddit/

Since when did the rollover text for the Russian flag change from Russia to "Russian Federation"?

www.q1.com.au/accommodation

damn, I wish I was cool as u

don't (You) me

What is "cold" in straya terms?

That's a SPA hotel?
A shame. I thought people live there.

the mid to high teens during the day but below 10 at night/early morning

Parents lived im Sydney when I was born, and coming from a country where we enjoy snow here and there throughout the Christmas season, they did think it was strange. Got a plastic Christmas pinetree to try to accomodate, but they could never shake off the feeling that it was really weird that you could go to the beach while it was Christmas.

>tfw never seen snow

and by below 10 I mean below 10 degrees not 10 degrees below zero

>mfw there are surely aussies that have went their whole lives never seeing snow

Sounds like their problem, not Australia's problem.

It's overrated. On a clear day it just reflects the sun, making it feel like a summer day with freezing temperatures. And during a cloudy day or a blizzard you can't go anywhere

Crikey what? Even my parents managed to get some snow in New Zealand. They were loaded at the time so they'd jump around all across the Pacific visiting what I were usual Australian hotspots (Polynesian islands, Mauritia, Vietnam, etc...

Also I heard they've banned Ayer's rock from the public? Glad I got to climb it as a two year old before than then.

One thing I miss from living in Argentina is the summer holydays as a child. School was over at the beggining of december, you could go and play outside because it was hot, then christmas and new year celebrations on the backyard with fireworks and then two whole months to play with whatever santa/the three wise men brought to you before starting classes in March

Here my little brotter has exams up until December 22 and kids who get their gifts can barely enjoy them before starting classes again and you can't go celebrate outside because it's ass cold.

Mauritius is an Australian tourist destination? Hahahahahahahaha

yeah the abos got upset that whitey was touching their precious rock even though they probably shit up there

>mfw there are hicks who've gone their whole lives never seeing a salad, a white person, economic prosperity, etc...

By having outside meals and activities generally. In my family Christmases we generally
>cook a bunch of meat in the day or two before the day, such as turkey, chicken, ham, beef
>make all the roast veges and salads etc on the day
>set all the food on tables inside
>everyone comes in and gets a plate of seafood (prawns mostly, but also oysters and sometimes lobster)
>after that we move on to the mains, people get a plate of whatever foods they want
>move outside to the table set up under the gazebo tent thing in the backyard
>this entire time while people have been cooking (mostly mums/aunties but with help from everyone) we've all been drinking since 10am and playing board games/doing shit outside
Pretty similar for most families. Prawns are traditional Christmas fare here.

Yeah they only stayed two years. My mom didn't like it a lot. She's a very sociable person, and her english has never been quite on par, so making friends never came to her there. Guess Australians are just that rude.

Name me a country that doesn't think the French are scum.

You don't need to talk shit on america. I'm well aware how much of a shithole cesspool it is.

We'll gladly suck French dick if it'll make them like us. They're worse than Aussie abos. Spoiled little bitches

Sorry I don't celebrate dead god festivals

All you faggots posting from Melbourne have never been Mt. Bulla? Literally a few hours away and it snows there NEET dogs need to travel more.

Our EU friends :).

I bet your mum is a fat bitch that can't take bants

>travel australia

Buller*

I've seen Indiana Jones. You people worship the god of death.

KALI MAA SHAKTI DE

Nuh-uh. She said she found it hilarious though that so many Australians were fat when they had the sea so close to them.

Nigga is that you? you were one ugly baby

Temple of Doom is the best Indiana Jones movie. Fight me fuckers.

Yeah. Hasn't changed much since. Didn't even get the blue eye-blond genes.

don't be a rude cunt

I agree. Last Crusade cucks can fuck right off

Thanks. And thank you for the ANZAC service of your forefathers. The other poster mustn't have had ANZAC ancestors to be like this.

>The other poster mustn't have had ANZAC ancestors to be like this.
probably a chink