It's ogre Apple is finished

>On Tuesday, Apple announced its quarterly earnings, beating Wall Street expectations to report earnings of $1.42 per share on revenue of $42.4 billion. But for the second consecutive financial quarter, Apple’s revenue declined. And expectations for the next quarter will continue to shrink, with the company projecting fourth-quarter sales between $45.5 billion and $47.5 billion, compared to $51.5 billion this time a year ago.

>This quarter, for example, shipments of Apple’s flagship product—the iPhone—shrank to 40.4 million. Apple’s “Other Products” category, including the Apple TV and the Apple Watch, also declined to $2.2 billion in sales. Admittedly, it wasn’t all bad news for Apple hardware: some parts of the company’s hardware line beat expectations, like its iPads, which sold nearly a million more units than had previously been predicted.
vanityfair.com/news/2016/07/the-iphone-era-is-over-for-apple

Sup Forums's oldest macfag meme will finally die

Oh no what will we ever do without overpriced hipster electronics made by chinese slaves?

Oh look.. This is what happens when you listen to your shareholders and bend over to their whims, when you previously told them to eat a dick and wait on "innovation"

Shareholders don't know shit about long term growth, and this is proof of that

>I can't afford superior products so I'll make fun of them!
Enjoy your Walmart phone, faggot

Walmart sells iphones and many other Apple products.

Enjoy your exclusive, expensive, "special" (ed) bag of human excrement. You pig. You whore.

>sent from my iPhone

>superior
Literally how is an iphone superior to an android phone?
>still proprietary cables and accessories even though the entire rest of the world has moved on to usb standards
>no sd slot
>not even a better camera than competitors any more
>not even a better display than competitors anymore

Apple died with Jobs.

theyre making nothing but gimmicks these days. expected as much.

>Market share of smartphones goes from 99.99% to 99.90%
>Finished

I hate to admit it but this is entirely true. He made Apple, Apple, they made quality technology, albeit at a price.

Nowadays its the faggot who sold out and is trying to pander to hipster millennials. They haven't innovated since Jobs died, just rehashing the same shit.

Most people use Android. Vast majority.

Well mostly what was important about Steve is that he is/was the guy who wasn't afraid to tell normies to fuck off and do their jobs properly. Yelling and cursing at people was a byproduct of them not doing something great, not because he wanted to.

I can relate to the feeling. Having a desire to fulfill a vision and people failing to do what you know is necessary can easily breed mediocrity.

>Apple are only making $40 billion instead of $50 billion.
>They are going to die

FUCKING LOL.

Apple's stock went up 6.5% today faggot

The actual reason that Apple died with Jobs has fuckall to do with any imagined "quality" in Apple shit products. It's because he was Apple's Jesus and he fucking died.

It's not "quality" per se, it's more like "user experience", making things "feel" right, etc. If you used a touch screen before the iPhone, it was a wholly different experience, Jobs was the one who pushed a very responsive screen, and other shit like that.

Sounds like a good time to buy APPL

Must be time to short then.

This

He's not dead, the (((elites))) want yiubto think that they can die from cancer and whatnot.

He's on an island somewhere doing coke off an 8 year old's back. Its all a sham

ya soon i think

>tfw the iphone is the last american phone

Droid got bought out by Huawei

Ryan Stiles is a treasure.

Lets not forget the abomination that is itunes, any time you want to manage what's on your phone you have to use that horrible software.

Most people don't even plug their phone into a computer ever. iOS is fucking playskool electronics. Steve Jobs actually said in a 1995 interview that he was disappointed when he realized that he couldn't improve people's intelligence with computers, and he instead had to dumb down computers to their level.

It's really weird how the things he was saying he actually later did. Most people have this big philosophy but when you look at what they actually do it either doesn't really apply, or it actually contradicts.

Oh and luckily there is a FUSE module that lets you mount iOS app sandboxes as actual drives on your computer. Can't manage music (it uses a special index format) though.

>Apple didn't make quality products before Jobs died
Have you ever used a smartphone before 2007?
Are you even 12 years old?

No it's quality too. Even really expensive electronics are shit. Android is halfway serviceable because it had to compete with Apple, if they didn't exist we would still be stuck with Blackberry or Palm, and apps etc.. wouldn't even be a thing because everyone would be obsessed with vendor lock-in.

>Superior?

I've managed to keep a piece of shit samsung phone operational despite throwing it at walls, dropping it, getting it wet, burning it, scratching it, treading on it. And the piece of shit has been intact for over two years now. Everyone I know with an iPhone has a fucking stainglass effect on the screen, having dropped it between 1 and 5 times. Oh and it costs £150 to replace the screen.

>superior

user, how is a closed-source operating system that you need to hack to operate on a good one?

>Implying diversity isn't the culprit

I have an iphone and a galaxy from roughly the same time period. The Galaxy is way faster and i prefer the os, but the battery life is absolutely balls. I wouldn't pay a premium for apple products - they just aren't that nice

Third quarter always saves it. iPhone 7 is September.