Flashpoints effects on Arrow?

So now that the flash season 2 finale has ended with flashpoint, does that mean that the arrow timeline will be wiped and we will no longer have to deal with felicity?

In theory it could but the people in charge don't see anything wrong with what's going on now so they won't change anything.

No. If they were going to have Arrow tie into this at all, they missed the boat. They should have done Flashpoint as a midseason thing so that they could do an Arrow episode tying into it, but now there's no way they'll make the season premiere of Arrow's next season some weird standalone non-canon thing that has fuck all to do with the rest of the season.

And you'd have to be an idiot to think they'd actually reboot the whole show just because of a Flash plot that probably won't even last more than a few episodes in its own show.

Bad end: everyone becomes Felicity.

This sadly.
Casuals love Felicity and the writer's love casuals.

and DC themselves are now walking back the idea of rebooting with Flashpoint anyway so they probably don't want to put it on a show universe

Not if they have anything to say about it.

I should point out, Arrow typically starts and ends earlier than Flash so a flashpoint crossover ep. could be in episode 3+. They might actually do it.

Arrow won't be affected at all

No the tie in would start next season on Arrow.

the arrow has been loosing viewers for awhile now and it all started with olicity

THIS KILLS LEGENDS OF TOMORROW ?!?!?!?

Whats gonna happen to my faves.

Oliver only started wearing the mask and stopped killing people because of Barry. Things would be a lot different if he wasn't the Flash.

Didn't they say there was a four way crossover later this year?

At 22 minutes each, that's basically a movie.

Flashpoint won't be a season, it'll be a special.

No it won't. Flash season one still happened even though Eobard was prevented from being born due to time wackiness. I'm sure it applies to Legends too.

Flash's season finale will probably be resolved before the big December crossover, also any effects will be done on Flash's show only.

Arrow will continue it's own shit because it has it's own terrible writers that want to do it's own shit like killing Laurel.

tfw without Barry, Ollie kills his villains, Laurel is alive, Moira is alive, and he's not with Felicity because his darkness drives her away, and because Eobard doesn't stick around, there is no particle acceleration explosion preventing any metahumans from happening and the world is still grounded for the most part

it's 44 minutes each, dammit.

You're right, I'm stupid.

That brings us to 176 minutes, which is a fucking long time.

>Effects on Arrow
>Not seeing the biggest fucking thing staring you in the face
>tfw not seeing anyone think of Robert Queen Green Arrow á la Flashpoint Batman

flashpoint should restart EVERYTHING at cw.
why?
because they will reintroduce supergirl into the cw dc superhero squad and to make sense of it all, flash needs to reset everything. if arrow gets rebooted, without felicity it would be great

I was so sure they would do it with Earth 2, since Flashpoint didn't happen.

But now maybe they can.

I said it about the comics and I'll say it here. Why would Barry going back in time and changing the past affect anything that happened before then or that didn't connect to him? The CWverse has no Pandora excuse. Barry not becoming the Flash would affect Arrow. But not whether he survived instead of his dad. Those lines are thoroughly distinct.

Robert Queen is already the Arrow on CW Earth-2.

The particle accelerator has happened on two separate Earths without Eobard being involved. It's all Wells. Eobard just sped it up 5 years.

>tfw not seeing anyone think of Robert Queen Green Arrow á la Flashpoint Batman
But user, that's what everybody is thinking. Ever since Robert was confirmed as Earth-2 GA.

Like that horseshit throwaway line couldn't be done justice with Robert Queen snapping Barry's fingers after he sneaks into the Arrow Cave?
>"Ollie, it's me!" *SNAP!* AAAAUUUGGGGHHH!!!!"
>"Mention my dead son's name again, and I snap another finger."
"Oh my god, it's you, isn't it? Ollie's the one who died on that boat, you're Robert Queen!"

When you break the sound barrier, it creates a sonic boom that effects other things. Well, when you break the time barrier it creates a chronic boom that effects other things.

I'm guessing everything will return to normal after the midseason crossover ends, tying all 4 shows in the same canon.

Prior to that, every show except flash will stay normal. While flash might either stay be narrated in barry's altered quirky timeline, or back and forth between that and the unaltered timeline with Cisco trying to fix thing.

My bad. You're right. And I suppose he could still be the Flash since before Flash Rebirth and the Nora getting killed retcon, she was alive and well when he was the Flash along with Henry. I was just thinking about how Flashpoint played out in the comics where he never became the Flash and made the leap to the accelerator.

Look at Amell's face in that picture, looks like he holding back the tears

Having not watched Arrow since based season 2. Isn't there a nuke headed toward Star City

Kevin Smith talked about directing that one episode on one of his podcasts and mentioned that they had told him how the season was going to end.

I am almost positive he said that it was going to have ramifications for the entire CWverse, not just Flash.

They've already established that these shows exist in the same universe without any shadow of a doubt, it would make absolutely ZERO sense for them to do Flashpoint and not have it affect Arrow or Legends.

It also lets them bring in Supergirl without having to explain how she magically shows up in this version of Earth when she's been absent thus far.

In December. Not at season start.

You do know that wasn't the explanation in the comic right? Please tell me you've actually read it and not just going by the cartoon?

They actually explain it really well in the animated movie

Basically, changing time is like throwing a rock into a pond - but the bigger the change and the further back you go, the rock gets bigger and bigger, meaning its ripples will be bigger too. If you just change something small a few days ago, it's like throwing in a grain of sand. If you change something big a few days ago it's like throwing in a tiny pebble. If you change anything at all several years ago, it's like throwing in a fucking boulder.

also SPEEDFORCE, I AIN'T GOTTA EXPLAIN SHIT

So, Felicity is gonna be a speedster or kryptonian?

both

So you're saying it's shit no matter what.

>both
Great idea! I'll send it to uncle Guggie and aunt Wendy.

Ollie stopped killing people because of Tommy

No "Flashpoint" is more or less confirmed to have already happened by the time of the Legends of Tomorrow finale.
That's why the JSA was already a thing and Hourman was even able to visit them.

I am expecting there to be continuity errors between Flash, Arrow, LoT, and Supergirl. But it'll be intentional and they'll hint at the other continuities and perhaps even highlight how it doesn't make sense.
And then they'll have a huge crossover across all the shows some time in the middle of the seasons in order to set everything right, and they'll straighten out the continuity and somehow save the day by doing so.