So I just picked up DC Rebirth but I don't know much about comic books...

So I just picked up DC Rebirth but I don't know much about comic books. I went with someone to a midnight release and figured why not give it a chance.

What is it and what am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

www83.zippyshare.com/v/US7aYblN/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just read it a, I just read it myself and it explains everything you need to know.

It's a fix-fic for a lot of mistakes they made when they launched the New 52.

The New 52 was when they reset all their continuity from a general starting point (5 years into most heroes' careers). In doing so, a lot of characters who hinge on existing after that timeline (some sidekicks and other very popular heroes) were neglected.

There's also this running them of an overly dark universe since the New 52 started that they also seem to be addressing.

Actually no, this is valuable.

Read it going in blind and tell us your Thoughts please

Hell livepost

Yeah, even if it ain't on Comixology I'm surprised we haven't gotten a scanned storytime

DC Universe - Rebirth (2016) 001 (Webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www83.zippyshare.com/v/US7aYblN/file.html

Why dont you read it you fucking faggot and make up your own mind

It's already been storytimed.

Teasing and Set Ups for the future

ok

>first comic book is an event book

I'm amazed how often people do this. It's literally the worst thing you can do. Don't these people have comic-reading friends, or hell, a helpful LCS owner to tell them what to read first?

Rebirth was pretty accessible since it recapped basically Wally's whole history and gave you reason to care for his survival. The only thing a newfag would miss are the references.

Of course they might as well go back and read other stuff first, but this wouldn't have been a bad start.

report back, I'm really curious how someone without a decent understanding of comics interprets it

True it struck a good balence of recaps for the new guys and teasers for everybody else

The speedforce wouldent make sense to new guys but then it doesent make sense in general anyway

Bullshit, good story is good story.

Aceassibility is a false idol , every comic is someones first.

>Aceassibility is a false idol , every comic is someones first.
This is correct.
>Bullshit, good story is good story.
Event comics and good story are mutually exclusive

>I already bought it so me reading it is a foregone conclusion but please tell me what to think of it so that I don't accidentally form an opinion which might be slightly different from everyone elses

Did anyone already storytimed it?

Sorry user the storytime thread hit bump limit and just fell off page ten like 5-10 minutes ago.

>Aceassibility is a false idol

Until it becomes a "read these other 30 comics to get what's going on in this one" kinda of deal

Sauce: Justice League 3001 #12

Wait, but is it the main DC universe? The previous references to the past seemed to indicate that it was another world.

Dr Manhattan created the DC universe

...I might have been excited if there were still any of the original members alive apart from Wonderwoman to interact with their original versions...

>

My first books were Who's Who #2 & COIE #1 so eff off. It made me curious about the rest of the comic line.