/pol, help me decide on a new, full size 9mm handgun

/pol, help me decide on a new, full size 9mm handgun.

My only requirements are to be under $800 (after-tax), and must be a 9mm.

After doing a lot of research online, most people mention glocks, cz75's, m&p pro's, etc..

I went into the gun store yesterday with the intention to buy the CZ 75 SP-01. The guy working there told me he'd go with the XDM 5.25 over the CZ. After showing me the gun, I was so impressed that I'm not sure now what to buy.

What do you recommend /pol?

Other urls found in this thread:

cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01-phantom/
classicfirearms.com/long-guns/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is the CZ I was first considering. Known for accuracy above all else, and little recoil.

A pink gun for your womanly caliber.

XDM is a pretty nice gun, if it feels good I would strongly consider it. But this is really a /k/ question.

get a Glock 17

Placement over power in my book.

-less recoil
-cheaper ammo
-still plenty of damage w/ hollowpoints

GET THAT GUN YOU DUMB CUNT

can't go wrong with a g17. depending on your state it has a high capacity magazine compared to everything else in 9mm at your price point, a great trigger, reliability, and extremely accurate. tons of parts available for it as well if you decide you want to modify it.

i got mine for $505 brand new

forgot to add its not humongous either and can be concealed comfortably

Get a glock 19 or glock 17

XD and CZ have nowhere near the spare parts/accessories as a glock.

Are you ready for a redpill? Gunstore employees work to make money not to arm you. Springfield and ruger products have the highest margins so they try to push those. .40S&W pistols are also hard to move so they try to push those.

Am i a little bitch if say i like everything about it except for how heavy it is?

Seriously, it was like double the weight of the XDM, and the XDM was bigger in size..

it was a bit ridiculous.

Beretta 92FS. The first one I ever purchased. Has a pretty ergonomic grip to me personally.

XDM has a PLASTIC frame you fuck. There are polymer CZ's too.

Get a Glock 34 if you want a dedicated war pistol/range gun.

Get a Glock 19 if you think you may need to conceal it in the future.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you they're the best, they're not. They're the most common pistol in the most common caliber, with the most accessories and parts available, and they are stupid easy to service, repair, and customize.

Best part is, if you have to use it. It's a emotionless piece of plastic, easily replaced. There's a reason SOF and seals are moving to glocks. Just sayin.

How are the m&p shields. I was thinking about getting one for conceal and carry. .40 most likely.

If the dept I'm getting getting in soon doesn't mind what brand, I want to get a hk .45. Is that a meme gun or is it actually the high quality they state?

>.40S&W pistols are also hard to move so they try to push those.
OP, don't fall for the .40S&W meme if the gunstore workers try to push one on you. It's a fence sitter round with poor ballistic performance compared to other handgun rounds. Either get a 9mm, or get something larger than 40S&W. 45 ACP or 10mm maybe.

>9mm
>a cartridge adopted by FBI for women
>women
get at least a .40 ideally a .45

>9mm
>not a CZ

topkek

This or a metal-frame CZ, beautiful and functional
The Shield is great. Very slim and can be pocket carried with the right shorts/pants. I have the 9, can't comment on the .40 version but I'm sure it's about the same. They are also now making a .45 version, worth considering.

get a magnum,its not just about the shootin' but about the reloading also

>How are the m&p shields. I was thinking about getting one for conceal and carry. .40 most likely.
The shield pistols arent bad, the trigger is pretty average on all of the M&P series pistols. Check out the PPS and the Glock 43.

Dont buy anything in .40
>If the dept I'm getting getting in soon doesn't mind what brand, I want to get a hk .45. Is that a meme gun or is it actually the high quality they state?
HK45 feels goofy in my hands but my USP is 100% my favorite pistol I own

.45 in a full size gun doesn't have more recoil than a 9mm

>The guy working there told me he'd go with the XDM 5.25 over the CZ.

That guy is moron. The CZ is more accurate and more reliable along with a 40 year service record of killing subhumans.

>Striker fired is dildos
>Polymer is dildos

If you're going to get a 9mm, at least get something ironic and memey like your caliber.

Get what you like OP. For me personally, I would get the CZ. I like a traditional hammer,safety, and double action. pic CZ related.

I'm a poor-fag, is there anything I should know about highpoints other then getting what you pay for?

I don't like their triggers. Some do. I don't own a subcompact myself but I like my cousin's ruger, which is his off duty ccw.

i've never owned a gun and don't wanna spend too much. what are some fun cheap guns to buy? should i get a mosin nagant?

The warranty is gold and the CS is great. Keep in mind they are blowback so they can shortstroke with cheaper ammo. Plink with cheap stuff, stock a box of speer gold dots

OP here, so it seems like the consensus is CZ.

Does the SP-01 come in a polymer model?

I know the shadow does, but that goes far beyond my $800 budget.

.40 isn't terrible, especially if you are thinking about ammo availability. .40 isn't nearly as popular as 9mm, so when there's a panic, ammo won't be an issue.

>never fired a gun

XD series guns are perfectly fine, it's just that they're croatian shit that Springfield overprices.

Hi points are great for what they are. If you absolutely need to get a handgun for

They're hard to disassemble for cleaning. But then again, if you're a poorfag then you probably aren't going to buy cleaning stuff for guns. It's okay though because Hi-Points are retard tough.

Not directly, check the P07/P09 models they are CZ's plastic fantastic
Do you have a defensive gun? If not buy a ruger lcp and a maverick 88. Get a carry permit. Once those are taken care of get a "liberty rifle" like an AK or AR.

I think just this one. cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01-phantom/

They stopped making that in 2013, probably because of the P-07 and P-09.

9mm is a bad size. go .45 acp. also spend about a grand more for entry points to something nicer.

Xd is based Croatian

Keep in mind the CZ family tree is huge. I'd check the wiki page for the features you want and narrow down a model based on that. /k/ would be more helpful here, there's a pretty big CZ cult following on there.

Jericho 941, Space Cowboy

>buying full size 9mm
>not buying glock 17

fucking kill yourself

They're also $300 guns being sold for $500.

XDms are nice but If you want a polymer frame pistol get a walther PPQ. If you want steel frame, get a CZ SP-01.
If you want to be an American, buy a beretta 92G.

Take a look at the FNS 9 they make a longslide version if you want a real fullsize but ive been loving mine more and more lately

>Do you have a defensive gun?

i don't own one personally but my dad trades guns for a living and he has shit tons of them around the house so i'm not really worried about getting one for defense. mostly want some cheap historical military guns that were used in ww1 and 2 to shoot for fun

Glock 17, without a doubt.

that looks great

>mostly want some cheap historical military guns that were used in ww1 and 2 to shoot for fun
Buy a mosin

NERF jolt, hands down. Quite cheap, and can actually get over 20 meters, if you buy the elite version.
A little inaccurate, but if you are good it's not much of an issue.

XDM. Best trigger you'll find on a striker fired weapon.

cant go wrong with perfection

classicfirearms.com/long-guns/

That fsggot has never shot a cz then. If you get an xd over ANY cz you will definitely regret it. Get the basic 75b in matte and don't look back

This is the only acceptable option for Sup Forums

OP here again, so it sounds like the P09 is the only option, with the shadow being outside my price range.

Does anyone know if its as accurate, reliable, comparable to the SP-01? Is it pretty much the same, just lighter because polymer?

Always follow based texas' advice on pistols

thanks. are there any good cheap military surplus pistols? i really want a mauser c96 but i dont wanna spend that much right now

>best

The Walther PPQ and PPS exist, you fuck.

I own the XDm .40

it's a masterpiece

Sorry user, I can't trust a gun called XD

Having shot both, I would say they preform nearly identical. The SP01 trigger will be slightly better out of the box, howerver you can always improve.

>US Army also trialed P09

what about "LMAO?"

>tfw nogunz

As far as something historical AND relatively cheap goes, I'd look for Makarovs, Tokarevs, and maybe Browning Hi Powers. Again, /k/ would know better than we do.

Walther PPQ M1
FNS 9
FNX9

The FNS has a steel guide rod and a cold hammerforged barrel
It is striker fired. Excellent choice over a glock/XD/M&P. the triggers on these require replacement to be good. The controls are completly ambidextrous, manual safety is optional. The gun out of the box is better than most of what is out there and has a short crisp reset, almost on par with the PPQ. The PPQs ergonomics is what I puts it over for me.

FNX is a hammer fired version of the FNS. It has a manual safety with decocker. Ambi controls also.

The walther is an excellent CCW it has Perfect ergonomics (no sharp edges slide is shaped to allow it to not print as is the butt, perfect trigger excellent, short reset. Controls are ambi, I prefer the euro mag release because there is no chance of accidentally releasing your mag in your holster. There is no manual safety.

Use left over money to buy holsters and ammo.

I enjoy my FNX-9 quite a bit. Would recommend.

Is there an AYY version?

Send me a SAR-21

Glock or m&p are your best bets... it may be tempting to buy something "different" or "exotic" but dont. Go with the solid and proven glock or m&p.

I'll stick with my .45. It's not much of a EDC for it's weight, but you can't beat it for home defense. I sleep well with mine beside me.

>caracal
more like carecall

op get a sp01 its fucking beautiful

>Implying all at that price point aren't

The trigger sux...

Your pic is your answer.
I'm a firearms instructor and 10 LEO My EDC is a Springfield XD

>not EDCing a 3lb gun
what are you a woman?

I own an XDm in but its the 4.5 and in 9mm. Its my duty pistol and carry gun. I like it and have no complaints. You should try out a few of the 9mm and find one you can accurately shoot with and feels comfortable for you.

You should also ask

Only if you want to perfectly remove your fingers from your hand

OP thats exactly what I want.

GET THE XMD!
glocks are absolute shit. CZ's are gay.

Op here, FUCKING GOD DAMNIT IM STILL AS CONFUSED AS EVER.

WHAT IS THE GOD DAMN ANSWSER?

HOW DOES A MANN CHOOSE WHEN THEY ALL SOUND SO PERFECT??????

thanks. I figured I'd like the slimness of the shield. I'm not too happy that it's only 7 to 8 rounds in the mag plus 1 for the 9mm but my gramps is a retired cpd and carries a .38 special revolver so I guess I should learn to am very well.

I'll try the usp. Ty. For duty, I don't care about the size since it will be open carry. The .45 seems great. I shot a 1911 multiple times and I liked the accuracy and the recoil wasn't bad at all.

The triggers for the m&p? They look kind of goofy. I don't care as long as the safeties are easy to unlock and the gun won't malfunction or misfire when not used.

Why the fuck would anyone need to EDC a .45? It's not the wild west. If someone is in my house, I want a .45. If I'm out, a smaller caliber will get the point across without catching some billshit murder charge.

I don't understand why anybody would need a gun. Delete this thread

You buy 3.

THIS - if you want a full size 9mm pistol for sub $800 this is the BEST option, the only pistol SLIGHTLY better than this would be the Sig Sauer p226, but it comes in at a price of about $1200, the Glock 17 is only about $600-700 and it blows everything else out of the water.

The USP was designed to replace the 1911, hence the similar battery of arms (sans the whole DA)

Because america is full of crazys!

trips of truth. i'm going shopping tomorrow just for these 8s. next dubs decide what i get.

Are you talking about a .45-70 govt.?

The .45 is fine. If you shoot in self defense, the law wants you to kill your target. If you say to the judge that you wanted to maim your perpetrator, you'll be in a lot of trouble.
>if you defend yourself with a gun, the law wants you to liquidate

Mang, take this shit over to /k/

sig p320

get what you want/feels good to you.

So it should be a great fit. Thanks.

I like hk because they have high cap mags because they stagger the rounds. 10+ in a mag is comfortable to me imo. I'm glad .45 these days are not single stack, only for slimness

Well in that case, I need to buy a smaller .45

Go try out all the full size handguns at your local gunstore till one fits like a glove, if you want a personal recommendation M&P9 and their variants or Glock.

Heavy is good. Heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit him with it...

Same.

>what is the walther ppq