Which was better, Marvel's Max or DC's Vertigo?

Which was better, Marvel's Max or DC's Vertigo?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/toyyt2pfeu244/Marvel_MAX
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Vertigo

vertigo and it's not even close

Vertigo

Vertigo

Vertigo.
MAX really doesn't have a ton of good books. Admittedly, the few good ones it has are pretty amazing, Punisher and Fury coming to mind.
But then the rest are mostly catastrophically bad.

Joke or best trollpost ever?

Not really comparable.

Vertigo had/has more original creator driven properties.
MAX was basically a more violent take on established IP's.

Marvel's Knights

side note, did Marvel EDGE have any good books?

I feel like MAX was attempting to do Marvel Knights again after Marvel Knights became super popular and canon.

Remember when Spider-Man killed Marry Jane because of his Radioactive Seamen?

Who can ever forget "a thousand eggs of cancer"?

Epic Comics

Vertigo.

You might have an argument that MAX had fewer shit books, but that's only because Vertigo has been going so long.

>side note, did Marvel EDGE have any good books?

It wasn't really the same, that was mostly just branding. They didn't have an EiC at the time and instead broke the books up into divisions, with a top Editor for each. X-Books, Spider-Man, Avengers/Cosmic, and the rest were in a group called Marvel Edge.

Punisher was better than anything that came out of Vertigo. So was My War Gone By.

That said, there were very few other MAX titles worth reading. So overall Vertigo was better.

EDGE was garbage. Some of the worst comics ever.

This. Epic was better than either Vertigo or MAX.

>punisher
>ever good

punisher is absolute shit man.

Punisher was breddy gud. about it

Supreme Power is a guilty pleasure I can't get enough of

are you fucking retarded?

Punisher MAX alone brings it to the top for me.

why do punisher fags have such shit taste?

Vertigo had some of the best comic books ever written, what the fuck did max even have other than Punisher?

I liked some stuff from MAX, but if you're talking overall line including the creator-owned stuff, it's Vertigo by far.

And even if you limit it to "Mature readers versions of established characters" then Swamp Thing, Sandman, Animal Man, Doom Patrol, Sandman Mystery Theatre, edge out Ennis Fury and Punisher, JMS Squadron, and some others to me.

All you faggots forgetting MAX Thor.

Continue sucking on that cock.

Fury: My War Gone By

Ennis' Fury: My War Gone By
JMS' Supreme Power
Howard the Duck
Apache Skies
Master of Kung-Fu
The Hood

I think that was about all I liked. In Howard the Duck and Master of Kung-Fu's case it's really more that the writers most associated with the characters (Gerber and Moench) came back to it.

Deadpool MAX was okay but Tucker Stone overpraised it a lot.

That really wasn't that good. On the other hand it's still better than US War Machine 2.0.

Why do anti-punisher fags write off the character without reading any of his good stories?

why would anyone actually care about Ow the Edge: The character?

The very core concept of "evil man who kills all the bad guys" is cancerous from the start. He's a bad character. He's Snyder's Joker without a theme.

Because Punisher as a character is fucking shit. No shitdarkening will help it.

What Punisher stories have you read?

>Punisher
>"edge"

These are the types of faggots that read Squirrel Girl.

MAX had a few good books but was pretty one-note. Can't even beging to rival with Vertigo's catalogue. (And it wasn't supposed to at all)

Yeah, it wasn't even a MAX book.

If anything, Young Animal will be closer to MAX. But it's alreafy shapeing up to be better imo, since it has a set goal and a vision uniting the titles, instead of Superhero comics just with more Gore and Swearing, which was MAX's only imeriative. Punisher and FURY MAX was their only reason for exsisting

its gonna take like 2-3 issues that arent awesome for Sup Forums to turn against Way and then we will meme magic him into falling out with morrison, imploding the entire imprint

Sup Forums is not significant enough to successfully channel meme-magic. We don't have the sheer determination of baneposters.

Vertigo

Dident hulk do that once to

Vertigo has hellblazer and Sandman it's vertigo hands down

Epic and now Icon are Marvel's actual equivalents to Vertigo.

mediafire.com/folder/toyyt2pfeu244/Marvel_MAX