Why did the entire theatre laugh when Kylo Ren took his mask off?

Why did the entire theatre laugh when Kylo Ren took his mask off?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Jz1TjCphXE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally the only people who laughed were edgy young teens.

Why do evil people have to be old grizzled men?

>be me
>in theatre
>force awakens opening day
>kylo ren takes off his mask
>heart skips a beat because suddenly my face is on the movie screen
>he looks exactly like me
>everyone starts laughing for some reason

Never understood why

I saw TFA on opening day in the middle of the afternoon, so me and my friend were the only people there.

News on 11: People are retards

Because it's completely different for what your expectations for a evil dude with a fire sword dressed like death should look.

Memes aside, it would be a genetic impossibility for Han and Leia to have a kid this ugly and deformed.

Because he looks like an emo teenager instead of a badass Dark Jedi.

Found the low test adults with facial acne

Probably because he's as fugly as the average Star Wars fan

But he's supposed to be angsty emo teenager. He's not there yet, he's becoming.

Maybe it was a bad idea to have your villain be a non-threatening dopey looking shit.

hes good actor and silence is good

Immature, vapid, low intelligence, etc.

it was the best idea in the movie, and one of the few truly new things that weren't recycled from the older movies

He looked goofy as shit

Because for a character that demands such an intimidating presence, he looks like a fucking nerd.

Me and my friends did

Shit flick

THIS

That's the point of his character retard, he wants to be hardcore but no one card who he was until he put on the mask

Nobody laughed in the theatre the 4 times I saw it at the cinema.

Sounds like a meme.

He lacked a t-shirt with "Jedi Order is overrated"

You don't understand how genes work do you?

>That's the point of his character retard

And that's okay, but not when he's the only villain.
The bad guys look totally impotent when Captain Loser is the baddest guy they've got.

My theater didn't laugh because in my country we respect. That being said, why the fuck did he have to take his helmet off? He looked like Severus Snape.

FUCK YOU, SILENCE WAS GOOD.
Kylo played his part well.

This, only thing I actually enjoyed about the movie.

Because he's freakishly ugly and looks like a literal troll. Ugly people deserve to be laughed at and ridiculed

Because they fucked up by removing the mask at all.

>2 digit IQ opinions

>no disfigurements
>young
>head full of hair
>handsome features
>model-like features
>calm, approachable expression

Because it changed him from a manic militant fanatic to an entitled edgelord kid. Which was the actual point of the character, perhaps the scene too.

first time i watched it a lot of girls gave a short gasp. the dude got mad skills at being intimidating and vulnerable.

my reaction when he took off the mask was that i thought he was being cgi'd as he looked a lot like teenage harrison ford in a grunge 90's hair phase.

>handsome features
>model-like features

Are you on pills? He's one of the ugliest mainstream actors out there.

And that's what makes him a laughingstock.

right

>an actually layered character with motivations and not your typical curly-mustache evil villain
>even manages to be way more interesting that the main trio except maybe for poe as we don't know much about his backstory.

maybe you're just jelly user.

Oh yeah, Mr Shouty, what a character.

Its between him and Steve buschemi as the ugliest movie stars at the moment

Yes.
I don't say that to hate on him, I think he's a fine actor, but he's pretty much as far from conventionally attractive as you can get.

What motivations? We have zero clue why he faps to Vader and wants to be a dark side user. What does he want so badly that he'd murder his own father over it? What could possibly be worth it?

Because of the build-up. it was a pretty anti-climactic reveal. His ears are too big and his nose is too long. I chuckled a little, there was definitely laughter in the theatre I was at.

I like him as a character though.

americans are fucking retarded, i bet 90% of the people laughing and booing when he took his mask off are far uglier

mask on... fuck it mask off

Because he doesn't fit Hollywood beauty standards
Dudes 6'4", muscular, has amazing hair, and has a beautiful wife so I can't really criticize too much.

Because they just found out that this badass who can stop lasers in mid air and kills entire villages just 'cause is a fucking teenager.

It's not about how ugly he is, it's about how goofy he looks compared to what you'd expect.
With all that buildup I could literally hear this in my head when he took the mask off:
youtube.com/watch?v=9Jz1TjCphXE

It's a major subversion of expectations, and that's why it's unintentionally funny.

haha yeah its so fucking epic and hilarious he loooks to goofy haha

He's one weird looking cunt.
Fuck Star Wars anyway.

I was more chocked to realize the mask was completely useless. How retarded, this guy is wearing a mask to look badass, how old is he, 13 years old?

>Kylo Ren
>evil
>implying his arc isn't one of redemption

he's taller than 90% of this board though, so no matter what you look like you will be considred uglier

I laughed too.
I mean shit, he looked like a school shooter for fuck's sake.

He looks like a 14-year old who's about to tell his mom he doesn't give a heck.
Any fear or tension you might have felt about his character immediately dissolves when you see his face, again creating unintentional humor.

you sound jelly

All dark Jedi are edgy emo teenagers

yeah if i saw a school shooter i'd laugh in his face lmao for being an edghy 14 year old

Why does he wear the mask?

he's hot af

Just 4 U

This

I'm surprised at how little this gets picked apart. The only reason for the mask is to look scary. Some would say "oh it's because of his love for Vader, it's to pay homage to him" or "that try-hard wanna-be bad guy aspect is a part of the character". If that's the case then fuck he has got to be the pettiest villian of the entire series.

half of cinemagoers say he is hot, the other half says he is ugly.

Why did the entire theater instinctively jump when Finn appeared on screen?

He is the pettiest villain of the entire series. That's the point. He's a wimp. A loser. Not a real threat.
That's fine.
The problem is, for there to be tension, you need to feel worried the heroes might not make it, and then someone else should have been there to be threatening instead. All of the villains in TFA were incredibly weak.

Yeah. Good point.

Oh shit his nose has magical powers.
It actually poked my eye through the screen.

He just has one of those faces, like Benedict Cumberbatch

they're following the prequel school of writing, they took inspiration from a series where the main threat were an army of robots that would literally crumble to dust if you waved your hand in their direction.

My theater was laughing too. I thought he was fine. I liked how they made him look like Anakin.

Buschemi only really looks ugly when he's playing an ugly role. He looks average usually, like a guy you'd meet on the street but who'd stand out in Hollywood. The worst thing about him is his teeth. Adam Driver on the other hand just has a weird facial shape and way too many moles.