What part of the US will be the greatest decider in the general election and why?

What part of the US will be the greatest decider in the general election and why?

The West?
The Midwest?
The North/East?
The South?

My cuck den

Don't know, but I want to at least congratulate you for putting texas in the South where it belongs.

>Texas
>West

What do you take me for, a cuck?

Why the fuck is west virginia in the south?

The Midwest mostly, that's where Trump's appeal is supposed to be the greatest. If he can't win there he can't win period.

>Why the fuck is west virginia in the south?
Why the fuck wouldn't it be?

Don't ask me, I just looked up "Southern states"
and got that.

the northeast/midwest

Because it is.

This. Discussion over. Let's pack it up boys

>What is the Civil War
>Who is Robert E. Lee

Pennsylvania

>and why

The rust belt.

The Midwest has Ohio as probably the most important state of all, as well as Iowa, Michigan and Wisconsin, three blue-leaners that could very easily go Republican.

The North has Pennsylvania, perhaps equally as important as Ohio, as well as New Hampshire, where Trump is polling very well, and Maine's split electoral vote, which Trump very well may nab this time around.

The South has Virginia and Florida, two HUGE states this time around, as well as North Carolina.

The West has Colorado, Nevada, and Arizona, three battleground states that aren't quite as huge, due to their electoral votes. Recent Oregon polling also suggests the race may be tight there, as well.

If you look at it from sheer electoral votes, the Midwest has 50, the North has 25, the South has 57, and the West has 33. That suggests that the South and Midwest are the most important, and I'd agree, with the caveat that we likely know the results in North Carolina and Wisconsin.

In terms of competitiveness, I'd say the South, but in terms of importance and being a game changer, the Midwest carries the banner. It's definitely one of those two, although the North with Pennsylvania could be huge, as well as the 5 electoral votes from New Hampshire and Maine in a very close race, and the West could throw a couple of surprises Trump's way.

I'd say the South is the most important due to just how close it's going to be, but the Midwest isn't far behind.

You have obviously never been there.
West Virginia is the most Southern state of all.

Culturally, West Virginia is much more Southern than Midwestern. That's basically undeniable.

>Delaware is red on the key on the side
>Blue on the map

Delaware and Maryland are mid Atlantic desu. Don't really fit in with the south or north east.

>I know nothing about US history

Delaware is also considered part of the South by the Census Bureau so that map is wrong.

The biggest swing state is Florida, however It's really only the swing state in the South. Some may Virginia is swing but there's no way It's going red par an actual indictment; you can safely bet on every other Southern state going red or blue.

Only real swing state in the West is Nevada which isn't really that much of an important state. RCP says Oregon is a swing state but I don't buy that.

Ohio is one of the three key swing states making the midwest pretty important, and Iowa could swing either way too. People say that Michigan and Wisconsin could go red and the Demographics there are certainly similar to Ohio but the polling just doesn't agree. If Michigan and Wisconsin go red so would Virginia, and It'd be a Trump clean sweep.

Pennsylvania is probably the most important swing state this election. Trump really only has two paths to victory, and winning Pennsylvania is the easier of those two. A Dem state in recent history, demographics, voting trends and polling indicates that It could go either way. It's also the second largest swing state.

I'd say the North East is the most important because of Pennsylvania (and NH, which while small could be the difference in a razor thin election) but the midwest is really no less important and Florida is also very important. Really they're all very close. If you include Ohio in the north east like it sometimes is (Just like how Delaware and Maryland are sometimes not included in the South), then the North East is definitely the most important.

Trump will flip NY.

We have a very low population and an even smaller population of blacks. That's why they call it "Almost Heaven".

What on Earth makes you think that?

Although there is nothing more I want than a red NY.

>think that?

Because Sup Forums is full of fucking idiots.

Each region has at least two swing states.

Midwest or south. I mean Florida/Virginia/NC are south, but Ohio iowa are midwest. PA red is probably a meme, so NE doesn't matter.

Ohio famalam, nobody's ever won without Ohio

Probably the south because of florida and virginia.

if not for the city, he absolutely would. i'm from upstate and i've literally never - not even once - spoken to a hillary supporter here. it's always been trump/bernie country up here.

the cities. dems are all clustered there. because of winner take all, the cities decide where the states go. hillery won the election before the cycle began.

>Oregon
>Nevada
>Colorado

>North Carolina
>Virginia
>Florida

>Wisconsin
>Michigan
>Iowa
>Ohio

>Pennsylvania
>New Hampshire
>Connecticut
>Maine 2nd

memes are real

West VA is easily its own thing. Appalachia if you will.
Midwest will decide the election, specifically Ohio. Trump has to go 3/3 in OH, PA, and FL although those are all in different regions.

Maryland's not in the South.

I live here in PA. There's a lot of old school Dems who are disillusioned with the party establishment, specifically in Pittsburgh. You're either really liberal or really conservative, no in between. If Trump can turn out the blue collar voters in Western PA, he can take the state. That said I'm predicting a Clinton victory.