Movie is set in the 60s

>movie is set in the 60s
>Goodman's character is accompanied by an uppity nigger who takes it upon himself to interject himself into conversations
>they also have a token asian jap girl

why not just set this shit in present day, rather than retconing this fucking fake history?

Why not go fuck yourself?

It was a good movie.

>"I have never watched movies from the 60s, please listen to my uninformed opinions and validate my existence"
>OP, c.2017

a movie about army grunts with niggers isnt an uppity nigger talking over whites in a corporate or office environment

also the fucking jap girl is just a joke, i knew immediately what was going on at that point

1973 you fucking monk

Haha quality post my bro. Upboated. Stay epic XD

>Movie about an island of giant creatures fighting Vietnam War soldiers in the 60's
>Introduces smart minority characters
>Suspension of disbelief immediately broken

K.

same fucking shit

name 1 fucking movie from actual 1973 where a nigger was just walking around butting in on 2 whites talking

it wasnt until 10 years later when 48 hours came out and played on the sterotypes perfectly with Eddie Murphy's character clearly receiving racism the entire way

and further more when Lethal Weapon came out over 5 yrs later was still ahead of its time

much less in the fucking 70s with how this fucking nigger acts, especially when the General is meeting Goodman's character in the fucking military office

this is the fucking Xcom nigger pilot giving you orders all over again, that game was also set in the 60/s70s

>Reddit spacing

It pains me to say this, since i visit Sup Forums more than any other board. But get the fuck back to Sup Forums

its not about him being smart its about his portrayal

Sam Jackson's character was in the military and the leader of the group, he can interject

not some nigger scientist (which was also a joke) and to tell me that a character as old as Goodman was at that time in the movie would have a nigger is also a joke

also you're all continuing to compeltely overlook the jap girl who literally speaks in fucking broken engrish jap talk, so they clearly had certain boundries but still shoehorned in shit

also the other nigger in the film, the army guy who almost got eaten but didnt, ect... he's always the one calling the other white guys in the company idiots

its all bullshit

if you cant see it, you've already been retconed and zombiefied

again, set the fucking film in 2016 and then we can just focus on how stupid all the fucking "jokes" and humor are and how back most of the acting is and the typical plot points

but this shit literally took me out.

dont make it a period piece if you want to push some agenda

KANG

Fucking Magnum Force (1973) teamed Clint Eastwood up with a black cop, and he was always acting smart with him. It was part of their banter. Before that, in Dirty Harry, Clint Eastwood had a Latino partner who went to college and busted Clint's balls once in a while.

Believe it or not, not every black dude before the 80's was a servile little house nigger.

and go back to those films and tell me how those characters were portrayed

they were in the background

shit most shows had some light skinned nigger or latino, but they were always 2nd fiddle at the most

even in Lethal Weapon, Mel was the main protagonist, even from the start the entire 1st film is more about his background and why is he so crazy

even better is Samuel L Jackson. he is a lt. colonel, that means he was in the service as an office since the 50s, that also means he was enrolled in college too.

Also the fact that John C. Reily's son is still living at home and doesn't have a family is weird too.

wouldn't it have been a cute moment if John arrives home to find his son and a shit load of grandkids.

Ok, you MAY have a point about the Goodman character, but I'd wager that a scientist would be less than likely to be publicly racist. Even before the Civil Rights movement, it was considered bad taste to be racist in places of higher learning.

As for the other soldier dude, do you really think a company with a black commander is going to be racist against the black members of the troop? If they're already under the command of Sammy L., they obviously won't be picking on the other black guys.

The Jap girl was a dumb choice, but I assumed that they were going to connect that to Monarch's Japan branch from Godzilla.

and again, what do all those films have in common?

MILITARY OR POLICE FORCE

not civilians or fucking scientists

the nigger even has the fucking current day liberal bullshit black frames on and a fucking sweater

nothing at all 70s

so you set the film in the 70s, have clearly civilians, yet hes not dressed at all like the period piece should be and acts like the fucking nigger from Force Awakens the entire time with his smart ass remarks

how many times does he interrupt Goodman's character before they even reach the helicopter/boat on the way out the island?

and he's like 20 years old and goodmans character is how old?

in the fucking early 70s?

the fucking only white people who were marching were in their 20s aswell

so theres another knock, also it was Goodman's fucking life long goal to get them to the island not this fucking assistant, yet he literally has more speaking time than goodman does

>uppity nigger
My OP are you a white time traveler? I can dig it if you are brother. Had to ask.

armyfag here clearly knows even more falacies, do you need college courses in the military to reach Lt Colonel?

never knew that, Sams performance intha tfilm fucking sucked

how about when they get split up after the intiial kong battle and he starts hugging his fucking crew?

theres no hugging in the military

Nigga, the black scientist was pretty much Goodman's assistant, lol.

Like, up until Goodman's character died, the black dude was constantly going on about how he was the only one who believed in his theories and shit. He even carried his fucking papers for him.

Dude, there were black army officials since WW2. Fucking Patton gave speeches to all-black platoons. It is not too hard to imagine a black dude being a career soldier during Vietnam.

its not about the white members of the company being racist, its about the fact they portray every white in the company as braindead idiots and the butt of the other niggers jokes the entire time, like after they crash and he starts eating, the nigger has to say "how can you eat at this time" and he says some shit, as if he isnt logical enough to be scared and not want to eat

and the way he and sam jackson hug when they meet again...WTF, youre a fucking soldier fucking solut and get your orders faggot

theres a big difference from carrying shit and believing and actually interjecting

i kept waiting for the white military guys to say "whos this fucking uppity nigger and why is he speaking"

once again, set the fucking movie in present day if you want your uppity Will Smith 1 liners through the entire film

AYO WELCUM TO AMERICA NIGA