Friends talking about what few books they own

>friends talking about what few books they own
>show picture of my modest comic collection
>has a wide variety of shit like Watchmen, Walking Dead, Killing Joke, Maus, Hawkeye, Demo, King City, Paper Girls, Serious House on Serious Earth, Y: The Last Man ETC.
>"Nah user comics don't count, we get it but the majority of people would look down on you and assume they were children's books"

well Sup Forums, what do you reckon?

maybe its about time you should add some real books to your collection. You can't read only funny books all the time

>Maus
good goy

>comparing capeshit to novels
Wew

I think only one of my friends have a couple of novels
The rest were like a couple non-fiction books

I got a few autobiographies and Kurt Cobain's journals and shit, but majority comics

>staying with grandparents
>play games, read comics or play guitar if I'm chillin around the house
>"user why do you do baby's things"
>mfw

>people would look down on you and assume they were children's books
This is retarded either way, because it cheapens children's books. I have a friend that collects them for the artwork, which can be absolutely gorgeous.

yeah but can you actually PLAY the guitar?

this is important.

I use a tablet for my novels, I own quite a bit of trades/ogns but I used to own a fucking ton of novels before I switched(I think my last count before the switch was like at 500) because I could find them for almost nothing at used book stores.

Well, then they have shit shelves, but still. You should strive to improve your library with actual literature.

What? Do you ONLY own comic books? Not even some crappy modern light sci-fi novel or something? How sad.

I bet most of you have even been to college and you don't even own a good row of Classics and contemporaries. But, hey, at least you have a piece of paper.

Only old people think that shit like comic books and video games are for children only.

Well what was your answer/excuse?

What's wrong with Sci-fi books, you fedora?

>friends talking about books
>show off shelf of something unrelated
>be surprised at their reaction

This is like showing off your collection of games when they're talking about movies user.

showing off your pissbottles when they're talking about wine

Comics don't count, you're the fool here

They think comics are for babies and find you socially retarded.
Not that complicated.

Start reading books OP
There are some really nice ones my shelf have both books and comics and I'm enjoying them

showing your anime bodypillow when they're talking about their girlfriends.

Bridge the gap with pic related.

Queer