Did anybody else like Prometheus?

I know one of the major gripes people have is "oh, the crew was dumb", but is there anything they did that you wouldn't expect normal humans to do? As far as I can tell their only problem is that they didn't know they were in an Alien movie. Also, it's billed as an "Alien" movie, which promises to tell us the origins of the Xenomorph, but really tells us about humans.

Other than that I thought it was a great movie, and I don't really understand the complaints that anyone has other than the accents (if you can tell me what accent Idris Elba was doing I'll give you a fucking medal).

I enjoyed it.
Alien>Covenant>Prometheus>Aliens>3>Resurection

The crew definitely was dumb and there definitely were some spots of seriously shitty writing in general but it's a good film imo, I've always thought so
Covenant is irredeemable garbage tho

Alien > Prometheus > Aliens > 3 > Resurrection > Covenant for me

>The crew definitely was dumb

Is there anything in particular that they did that was dumb?

In the beginning of the movie the engineers weren't wearing helmets so wouldn't that mean that the air on earth was already perfectly breathable? If so, shouldn't there be a possibility that life was already on earth before the arrival of the engineers? If the black goo that the engineer drank was the way humans were made does that mean humans came from the broken down black goo from the water? Basically, are we fishmen?

Maybe the engineers were genetically engineered to survive without air for extended periods of time.

Maybe there was already a breathable atmosphere and they were guiding life's development.

yes loved it I could give a fuck what ailen fan boys say about it been one of my top 10 moives since it came out

>Be a world-renowned biologist
>start petting an undiscovered alien space snake

Did you miss the part where the air on LV-223 wasn't breathable to humans but the Engineer as able to run around on the surface without a spacesuit to chase Shaw?

He was showing off. Also, he had no idea that the alien snake would be that powerful. No earth snake of that size is that strong.

>air on earth

that wasn't Earth

>world-renowned

Where do you get this from? The whole point of the crew is that they're people who agreed to a several year journey without even knowing where they were going.

>start petting an undiscovered alien space snake

while wearing a protective suit of armor*

I unironically believe Prometheus is better than the Alien franchise in its current state. I wish they would have let Alien die so Prometheus could expand into its own new thing, but Covenant shat all over my hopes with yet another movie about ten little niggers getting killed by the big spooky penis heads.

>The crew definitely was dumb

I felt that was intentional on Weyland's part. The science mission aspect was a cover story for his secret quest for immortality, so he just hired a bunch of crackpots. The operational crew of the Prometheus and Vickers were solidly competent.

The guy with mapping balls got lost, the pussy who couldn't handle an alien corpse tried to pet a hissing penis monster and Theron ran in the one direction that would get her squished by the donut ship.

That's just the dumb stuff I remember from watching this piece of shit once 5 years ago, I'm sure there's other dumb crap I forgot

>Maybe the engineers were genetically engineered

it's a good movie, but yea the characters are mostly fucking retarded and it harms the experience. still better than Alien 3 and 4

>it's a good movie
you cannot be this dumb user

>I'm going to severely lower the probability of sucess by hiring a bunch of morons
Damon is that you?

I enjoyed it. There wasn't anything incredibly retarded that the crew did that wasn't explained by panic or circumstances. The snake guy was just trying to make the other guy like him, and he encountered a highly aggressive mutated life form that he should have been more cautious of, but he pulled a Steve Irwin. The other guy clearly thought that was a stupid idea, but people do stupid shit to impress others.

Prometheus wasn't a perfect movie, but I enjoyed the mythology it was trying to build, and I wish Covenant explored that instead. I enjoyed Covenant for what it was, but after I saw Prometheus, I was really hoping for something else.

It's a good movie, just not a good Alien movie