How mutually intelligible are the Turkic languages of Central Asia? How about the Indo-European ones (Tajik, Pashto...

How mutually intelligible are the Turkic languages of Central Asia? How about the Indo-European ones (Tajik, Pashto, Dari)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fYmR-fO0Mh4
youtube.com/watch?v=tynBUA9sQl8
youtu.be/KO1lVp6xdKk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can't understand Pashtun for shit. I can tho for Tajik/Dari
t. afghan

Tajik and Dari are the same language.

I barely understand Uzbek and Turkmen, Kazakh though, is almost identical to Kyrgyz. Tajiks arent Turkic at all, they are iranids and speak on completely different language

Languages between supbgroups of turkic family are mutually intelligible, outside are barely intelligible.
For example. i can understand most of what kazakh is saying to me, barely can understand what uzbek is saying to me and don't understand turkish at all. Modern Kyrgyz and kazakh are from one group - kypchak turkic languages, while uzbek and turkish are from karluk and oghuz respectively

Tajik, Dari, Hazara dialect, Aimaq dialect, and Farsi are all the same language

>Kazakh though, is almost identical to Kyrgyz
but nobody in Kyrgyzstan speaks Kyrgyz.

You realise that he's from Kyrgyzstan, right?

He's imlying that people here speak russian. This is partially true, since many people use russian however people do speak kyrgyz. Only 2-3gen bishkekistani edgy self-hating teens from wealthy families don't speak kyrgyz cuz their parents never taught them kyrgyz

How similar are the different branches of Kypchak languages?
Can you understand Crimean Tatar, Tatar, or Bashkir, for example?

Is that you, braziliANO looking T*rk? I remember one roach behind British flag

Never heard bashkir but i can somewhat understand tatar and slightly worse but still somewhat undertand crimean tatar. A lot of words are different though (or at least sound too different).
I guess it would be like 80-90% of kazakh
60-70% of tatar
40-50 of crimean tatar.

Cool.
Crimean is Ponto-Kipchak, Tatar and Bashkir are Uralo-Kipchak, and Kyrgyz an Kazakh are Aralo-Kipchak. Interesting

This however

I can still understand some parts of Uzbek. Spoken Uzbek is also kinda easy to understand compared to spoken Turkmen.

Here's a Turk and Uzbek speaking in their own languages
youtube.com/watch?v=fYmR-fO0Mh4

they can communicate with each other

Written Turkmen for me is relatively okay.

> and Kyrgyz an Kazakh are Aralo-Kipchak
I guess not

You aren't Aralo-Caspian. My bad

I actually bothered myself to look on youtube and find examples of southern altaic and was amazed. It literally sounds like a kyrgyz, altough some of the words are different. Also i demand altaic gf now
youtube.com/watch?v=tynBUA9sQl8

You people are supposed to be run away from Altay and Khakassia because of Genghis, so it makes sense.

to have*

Nah, yenisey kyrgyz is siberian language and probably should sound like khakasian or tuvan since kyrgyz land was there, and these languages are from siberian group of turkic family. Altai language is a kypchak languge after all.

here you go

youtu.be/KO1lVp6xdKk

That's a very retared way to send a message.

You could just say "stop being a cuck and speak your own language". That would be shorter and more efficient

before "soviet nationality creation" , nearly all written forms of Turkic languages called "Türki" and Tajik called "Farsi". All kypchak languages (Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Karakalpak / Tatar, Bashkir / Karachay-Balkar / Nogai) was actually dialects. Uzbek had 2 dialect, one is kypchak related other was uighur (karluk), related. In first, Uzbek regulated based as kypchak than chaged to more persinate version with based karluk. All of their cirillic orthography regulated diffrent than other and after 100 years, we have so many barely intelligible Turkic languages.