THE OMEGA MEN #12 STORYTIME

Let's read the ending of this gem

yesssss
please don't suck

yea boii

Bitch

This is my favorite page of the issue. Just Kyle being himself in the midst of all the horror around him

Obviously no happy ending

what a ho

This is a good way to end this because the reader already know Kyle's answer and the smile show he has no doubt about it

So Sup Forums, did King nail the ending?

"There is always a third way."

Can't say I'm entirely happy with the ending, but I guess that was never the point anyway.

So yeah, I'd say he nailed it pretty well.

... lol
I thought the accent in issue 10 was supposed to be some kind of allegory.

I don't get the metaphor. I really don't.

I guess, I just wish there was more. So if that means he nailed it, sure.

So, this is basically "Animal Farm, DC Edition"

I think he did. There was no way this was gonna end well, so just showing that nothing has changed, despite Kyle's efforts, is good enough.
Kyle was definitely the highlight of all this story and make me sure King would have done something amazing on Green Lantern. I doubt his Batman will be great

I think it's more like it doesn't matter who's in charge as long as the circumstances and underlying problems aren't addressed.

Fixing a country or a world isn't as easy as getting rid of the "bad guys", since nine out of ten times the bad guys are just trying to do what they think is good. They got rid of the evil dictator and his regime, but the problems on each individual planet and the pressure on them from the outside is still the same, so in the end everything was just business as usual. Just like how in the real world revolutions almost always change things for the worse, and real lasting betterment requires a more gradual shift and not just a musical chairs of who's in charge.

The panels are cages and the cages are the limited choices they are offering him. He, like the reader, is able to look beyond them to find an alternative to war

Well this is depressing especially Primus becoming a dictator.

oop

I think it went well. He could have gone for something splashier, but after reading Superman 52 and JL 50 today, I'm glad it's a bit more toned down.

It really hits the grit of the series. Even now, I'm still going over the ideas present here, and I think King made a perfect, lasting mark.

The Princess being ax crazy was pretty much expected though.

did primus prove batman right with the no kill rule

More like meet the new boss same as the old boss.

But why does planet need the macguffin metal to survive?

Kyle should have stuck around with Kalista as her concubine

I think it's about what comics represent.

Look at some of the DC stuff released today and then take away the fact that we're "accustomed" to the ideas of superheroes -- it's violent, almost savage in ways. Not much in the way of talking things out, reaching out to others. Oh sure, they talk about how violence should always be the last option, but we know that's not true for them.

It's funny because we sort of just shrug our shoulders and, exactly as Kyle describes, we think it's just a savage, silly, colorful world and that our universe isn't quite as quick to violence. As per , we're just as savage, just as civilized. Especially for a comicbook nerd with aspirations to do something "good" in the world, it can be a hard pill to swallow.

It's easy to say, "Well, *they* made the wrong choices, *they* were too violent, but I think I'd be a bit more calm-minded, a bit more just, and maybe even more righteous." But is it true?

I think the point is that it actually doesn't? At least the reasoning of it being necessary to prevent another Krypton-style planetary implosion sounded just made up to drive business.

Why do we need oil?

This final issue, especially the debrief, really speaks to King's CIA days. What the hell kind of fucked up shit did he do in the Middle East?

Will Lantern Corp join the war? Will Sinestro side with Kalista?

My question is since when does Kyle report to the US government and since when does Earth know or care about space politics?

>I doubt his Batman will be great
Why?

It's a metaphor for King's own experiences user

Honestly the only logical outcome would be all out war on the Vega System, since neither Sinestro nor his daughter seem the type to do "sides"

Sinestro wouldn't side with anybody, he'd assume he could do better and try to take over the Vega System himself

Well yeah.

>I used to draw comics, before all of this, the ring. Before everything

Shit, he was still drawing comics until he gave up being Ion then went to space because gay-bashing.

The macguffin is more like a failsafe, I think. Like, if anything similar to the Krypton explosion were ever to happen, they can use it to prevent it. It's less about needing it right fucking now and more about wanting to have a good amount of it in reserve just in case your whole planet suddenly decides to explode. At least, I don't remember them ever mentioning that it was an immediate problem, just that it could happen.

Huh I just realized they hadn't done the whole "the conquerors are civilized, the natives are savages that need to be civilized" shtick yet until this point.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

It's present in every interaction between the Citadel and the natives.

I mean heck the Citadel calls them "natives".

You're right, what I meant to say was that it wasn't so plainly stated until now.

Well this has been a traumatizing experience for Kyle. I hope the changes made to him stick.

>Kyle with PTSD after being kidnapped by space terrorists.

I'm sorry I don't think it'll stick.

This and even if they were do you really want Venditti handling that?

>I hope the changes made to him stick.
You know they won't

Remember how they vaguely hinted that he had PTSD in GLC? This should be like ten times worse but I'm not expecting Venditti to address it

Talk about ironical

Natives believe the opposite. Tell me user, are conquers really savages or are they really civilized? What about natives? More importantly what kind of fucked up things King saw that he's raising all these questions?

Civilized and savage are just made up concepts that are used simply as a justification for one's perception of superiority over another group. There is no truth in either of them.

Shame. This gave Rayner an actual character development beyond "muh girlfriend was stuffed in a fridge. Muh second girlfriend was killed. I'm the Mary Sue who can do Lantern shit no other in universe can."

God, I love the use of colors here

Did you even read any of v3 or are you just parroting shit from Sup Forums?

The last sentence is pretty applicable to how Kyle's been treated in the New 52 until Omega Men

This fucking book. The trade can't come too soon.

>Blue
>Orange
>Purple
>Green
>Red
Where is yellow

This is really sad

Poor Kyle

1st panel: blue
2nd: orange
3rd: indigo
4th: purple
5th: green
6th: yellow

Isn't it out in like two months?

Yeah, August I think.

Okay, now I can say that this definitely was my favorite Nu52 book.

I really love this costume for Kyle.

I never cared about Kyle before this book, but right now he's my favorite Lantern. Too bad this feeling will pass with Rebirth.

wait... Earth has a presence in the galactic community? Beyond when the Justice League goes into space?
Since when?

Since now It doesn't really make any sense.

Yeah the last 3 pages make 0 sense... If they had him report to the Guardians of the Universe (they're dead no?) and they said that other people would attack for the stellarium it would kinda make sense, but who the fuck is this general guy?
This makes me worried for the end of Vision...

>This makes me worried for the end of Vision...
Nigga this was a great fucking ending. Just calm your autism and stop nitpicking.

I exclusively mean the pages of Kyle reporting to a random US general who should have no authority over him, or should not even know who the fuck he is.

The Galaxies Committee was established earlier in the book, reread it.

Oh and they make it sound like the the fucking US goverment who sent him in the first place...

His authority comes from being the head of the galactic alliance, somehow.

Templar Guardians are still alive I think. They haven't showed up in a good while but they were never said to have died.

It's not really nitpicking when it comes out of nowhere. Kyle is extremely protective of his identity so why is he randomly talking to some General about space shit even if he is the head of some new Galactic Committee.

>Earth
>0 spaceships
>0 tech to build actual interstellar ships
>head of galactic alliance
OK. I guess in retrospect this book was trash...

Reread the book.

No they didn't. He said here Kyle didn't inform him.
That is totally nitpicking. The person he's talking to isn't nearly as important as the conversation itself.

I'm a little surprised that King didn't include LEGION in some way. It doesn't seem like Invasion is canon anymore (but who knows with Rebirth) so it would make sense for them to form because of he Citadel instead, and they kinda seem like his kind of thing.

>Ignore character trait
>Nitpicking

Come on son, I enjoyed the hell out of this but those last few pages are wonky as shit. If he was still in his Lantern moniker I'd have no problem with it.

Of course the person who he's talking to is important. That shithead is talking about Earth invading a faraway star system. How? Not even Lex has that kind of tech.

Lex Luthor, the guy who acquired hypnos from an alien?

If the question is retarded it doesn't matter that Kyle has a meaningfull answer to give.

So what, is he gonna buy a whole fleet of warships? Are we pretending we're in James Cameron's Avatar now, not in the DCU? The JL will stand by and wave the invasion fleet good luck?

this is why Scrapps is waife material

It's a galaxies committee, an alliance of more than one planet.

What kind of tech for interstellar flight DC America has kinda differs title from title. And author from author. Fuck it's completely random.