Is the American South really like this?

Is the American South really like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zq5xMT3z560
wfpl.org/louisville-police-monitoring-planned-gun-rights-rally-outside-islamic-center/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. Not at all. It's liberal brainwashing.

You should post the whole story though.

It's actually pretty bad yeah. There's a reason why only dumb folk live down there

Yes.

yeah

Maybe if you're in some shitty ass poor town in buttfuck nowhere. Most southerners are pretty friendly though.

Yeah, those fucking niggers act like they own the place and like telling young kids what to do

Nope. I've lived in south Carolina for 20 years and I've met a few closet racists, and one barber who was strongly confederate. Apart from that no one really gives a fuck because black people are everywhere. Im pretty sick of the racist southerner stereotype but I don't think it'll ever go away.

Yes. I'm reporting from Lousiville, KY. It's normal to see woman with black eyes walking down the streets and kids running around shirtless in alleys. Little white kids don't exist down here but instead we have young black kids who really are spiteful towards any white people. Rascism goes both ways and it's really palpable once you cross the border with Kentucky being the entrance.

It's still really beautiful in a lot of areas though.

Correction, there's no outright rascism. Just tension everywhere.

Because most niggers don't dress and act like that. They dress and act like this.

Surprisingly only when I went to school in the south over a decade ago, and even then it was only from kids whose parents would be closet racists. Also, I wasn't THAT south. (Kernersveille, NC)

They dress and act like some cool ass motherfuckers?

Source?

>tfw no chain with your name on it

why live

Depends where you live. I lived in middle TN and things were pretty chill.

as someone who lives in the south
yes

I want that shirt.

Maybe if you live in some shitstain town with a sub-1000 population, I've been moving around Texas my whole life and it's not like this. That might be because a good majority of my current towns population is Black and or Mexican, but most people aren't outright racist. It's a little more subtle.

if that's your definition of cool I feel very sorry for your niggerloving mother

This art is fucking disgusting. Who did they have to blow in order to get a job?

>Sup Forums gets triggered

Yeah, that and the constant rape and poverty. Same thing in the Midwest, too, except they don't have any black people to treat like shit and their women are too fat to beat up, rape or commit any kind of physical trauma to, so they just masturbate to news reports. The coasts, though - literally nirvana. There's a reason they have to constantly remind everyone of the current year (aside from the associated "right side of history" rhetoric they slapped onto it) - because the rest of the nation is centuries behind. Super-stratified wealth is a small price to pay for making sure your shit doesn't stink, and it really shows.

>Sup Forums is now afraid of black people wearing button ups and glasses
lmao

>Florida
>Certain areas of California
>Nirvana

>damage control
I live in the south too buddy

As someone who grew up as a black kid in the South, I got called nigger maybe once or twice. Most racists are cowardly and will only talk amongst their friends or over the Internet.
But it really does hurt a bit being young and having someone dismiss you because of skin.

Its more subtle then that and gets more pronounced the farther out into the boonies you get

nigger

>Most racists are cowardly
keep thinking that nigger

Says tough guy over the Internet

When people say "East Coast" they literally mean between Boston and DC.

Not them but they are. They're afraid to openly be racist so they say shit like "I'm not racist, I'm a race realist"

That shirt is sweet, I don't care for the bling tho

Go outside right now and call the first black person you see a nigger and an African booty scratching coon and I'll agree that you aren't cowardly, just stupid.

>"I'm not racist, I'm a race realist"

I don't think I've ever heard this before in my area, where do you live? That's hilarious.

Disclaimer: I'm not black, so I really wouldn't know for sure

But for the most part no. There are definitely specific areas that are though. Northwest Arkansas is basically Klantown

It's creator owned, so he had to blow himself.

New Southern Bastards come out today? They finally off hiatus?

It's not a thing people say in real life where they can see everyone looking at them like they're a moron.

It's reserved for basically for Sup Forums safe spaces.

he's probably from fuckin Vermont, don't worry about it

What's the context of that?

Damn that shirt is baller.

Nah, this was the last issue before the hiatus. Finale of the 'Homecoming' aka Filler arc

Probably not everywhere in the south but I imagine there's some bad racism in some parts. Probably small pocket communities in more secluded, rural areas.

Wait, people actually live in Vermont?

I have to agree with the anons the chains and shit are retarded but it's not a bad shirt

Jason Aaron was born in Alabama, so I suppose he knows.

I'm from the South, and lived there most of my life. I know people exactly like the author of this story - white Southerners who spent their whole childhood indoors on the Internet assuming that everyone around them was secretly a superracist and, due to the fact that THEY NEVER ACTUALLY ENCOUNTER A BLACK PERSON IN DAY TO DAY LIFE, allowing their own nonexperiences to convine them they're correct.

>I've lived in south Carolina for 20 years
I've lived here for twice that long and you're so full of shit your eyes are brown.

People (for the most part) are not like that in Charleston and the further inland you get the more likely you are to see naked racism rear it's head.

Here's an example from 2010 that made national news (that's a Republican state Sen. named Jake Knotts talking about a fellow Republican (who was eventually elected Governor) Nikki Haley.):

youtube.com/watch?v=Zq5xMT3z560

Obviously not everyone down here is an asshole (she DID get elected); but there were plenty of people screaming when the Confederate Flag came down off the monument in front of the State House last year.

Jason Aaron was born in '73 numbnuts, so there's no way he spent his childhood on a computer.

>but there were plenty of people screaming when the Confederate Flag came down off the monument in front of the State House last year.

I didn't hear the end of that for months down here in Texas.

The person you responded to. I live in Texas, have for most of my life. Worst I've seen when younger was a black kid throw a sandwich out of a school bus at a mexican selling oranges at the ride of the road. Told him to go feed his family. Bus driver saw this, stopped the bus, and had the kid go apologize or else she'd call the police.

It really depends on what are you live in. I've spent time there, and it varies a lot.

>there's no outright rascism. Just tension everywhere.
Horseshit:
wfpl.org/louisville-police-monitoring-planned-gun-rights-rally-outside-islamic-center/

>implying he didn't live with his parents in their basement until the age of 30.

Joking aside, I will still wager that he spent his youth indoors - if not with computers, then non interacting with the outside world. He fucking writes comics for a living, for God's sake.

my father was both very racist and very emotional. he would lose control over his emotions when he got mad at something a black person would do

but in public, he was better at getting along with black people than anyone else Ive ever met, he spoke their language somehow

there's a complex lesson there, but the simple takeaway is that overt, public, verbal disrespect only happens when people get pushed into an uncomfortable situation: its never casual

Sweet.

>Worst I've seen when younger was a black kid throw a sandwich out of a school bus at a mexican selling oranges at the ride of the road.

I remember going on a field-trip to some museum in Houston and our bus-driver stopped at one of those fruit stands on the way there to buy some fucking watermelon. Was the funniest shit.

>ITT people wanking about how not racist they are compared to everyone else while painting all of the south with ironically broad strokes
There is nothing of value here, turn back

>Implying that's not the pathway to true knowledge

>Niggers dress like coons
>Everyone compliments the guys shirt

Kek, you do make me chuckle Sup Forums

>overt, public, verbal disrespect only happens when people get pushed into an uncomfortable situation: its never casual

And yet:

I may be recalling things wrongly, but I remember some of his personal afterwords to Southern Bastards speaking of a fairly typical rural upbringing.

And just because somebody writes comic books doesn't mean they were neckbeards.

I'd do it. It's some of the best watermelon.

Why is she gray?

This art is PAID FOR.

As a black man who lives in the south
not really but it depends where you are

The boy has a point.

Jason Aaron literally has a neckbeard.

My dad is similar. In public, super jovial and gets along superbly well with black people. In private, he truly believes that blacks are the cause of every ill in modern society that aren't being caused by muslims. I always wondered if he recognized the dissonance that every real world interaction he had with blacks were fairly positive while simultaneously despising their existence.

She's half black, half-GRAY.

Because she's a mix of black and white.

Floridafag here. No it is not.

Cringeworthiest bit in a comic I've ever seen was the part with the KKK in Stone Ocean.

Writers: please stop thinking the KKK has done anything relevant since the 19th century

It's a normal beard though.

>Writers: please stop thinking the KKK has done anything relevant since the 19th century
Shh. Stop telling them the truth. The bigot boogieman is always around the corner. They need their persecution complex to get by in life.

Isn't Florida just the place where old people go to die and latinos smuggle drugs to?

>it's a "out of touch elitist thinks he knows what the American south is like" issue

Meanwhile go to Seattle or San Francisco where if you are too black they just segregate you on the other side of the city.

>Florida
>South

Delete this.

I've never seen Jason Aaron before but this completely explains Female Thor.

>says anonymous man on the internet

What is his shirt supposed to be saying?

They make an excellent butt of jokes.

Hi. This is to anyone who posted the n-word in this thread. Can you please edit your post to remove that racial slur?

There was literally no reason to use it in the context of this thread. It wasn't funny or clever or interesting, you were just being edgy and offensive for no reason. You don't need to try so hard to fit in, you don't need to pretend to be racist or homophobic just because you're posting on Sup Forums. No one knows or cares that you've only been here a short while. Just relax and be yourself.

Thanks in advance.

How so?

>where old people go to die and latinos smuggle drugs to?

You mean where Cubans used to wash up from the sea, old people go to die, and Brazilians do their shopping...also Disney.

North Florida is the GOAT

South Florida is a shit hole.

The KKK shit in Preacher was the best. Anybody have the "Boy, I sure do hate niggers!" thing?

This art style reminds me of that high school art class project where you'd try and draw a face by looking at a source without ever looking down at your page until you felt you were done.

I know of someone who's a ridiculous racist, drug addict and a dick, but he's not racist to people's faces. He's a miserable shit though so Karma has him. I knew more people in the North that were far more racist in front of their subjects because they don't have it ingrained in them that they are shit for doing so.

I think the real myth is that racism is contained to the south.

I don't get the problem. Black kids tell white adults to fuck off all the time.

As a natural born Floridian, this is pretty much true.

>North Florida
>not also a shit hole

nobody counts Florida as part of the deep south

Square grouper is what we call it.

lol shut up nigger

>gated white communities
>shit hole

Fits a description.

I don't live in the south, but most of my mom's cousins live in Kentucky. So from an outsider's perspective, it's not usually that overt but it can get tense. That said, when my Korean father went to meet the family, one of my relatives told him "My pappy killed your kind in the war." And another one has a confederate flag tattooed on his leg. But I think it'd be hard to tell in most cases, since it's a behind closed doors kind of thing, or kids that don't know any better calling each other slurs on the schoolyard. And that kids calling each other slurs kind of thing happens anywhere with a mixed population, I've been called chink/gook plenty and called friends wetbacks, beaners, spics, etc.

But then again, there's some towns that resist desegregating schools. Not enough to paint the whole South as racist though. And here in California, I know people that knew less than ten people that weren't Asian/White at their high schools (and would hate it if "inner-city/urban" kids were there), so people in different parts of the states aren't too much better.