So it's out. What did Sup Forums think?

So it's out. What did Sup Forums think?

I'm a little disappointed but I still liked it. I can see why hipster girls go apeshit over it though. It feels like more of a movie for women.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Px6ZT4PSShk
youtube.com/watch?v=2V-KLn_PgQg
youtube.com/watch?v=GEP5LbhS4MA
youtube.com/watch?v=10CSmRNCE4k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dling it now and will watch tonight

>woman director

TRASH

Good, little disappointed in the "twists" involving the sister and mother. Don't see what that added.

>I'm a little disappointed
Give me the lowdown, what was disappointing?

Also that poster is really pretty.

one of the best kinos of the year so far, funnier than most comedies of the past few years

>funnier than most comedies of the past few years
That scene where she pissed standing up. That's gotta be bullshit right? Women can't actually do that can they?

......yikes

It treads a lot of water "Yes yes innocent girl goes off to college, starts partying, things go sideways, hangover, keep partying, she gets wilder and sluttier repeat". It's that for around 85 minutes with 15 minutes of other stuff.

and for a movie that's about eating folks there's actually very little in the way of good cannibal scenes.

They can. I seen't it!

What are ya implying mister?
>They can. I seen't it!
Huh well color me surprised.

jesus fuck that was disturbing, a few scenes were really hard to sit through
loved it though

The bit where she vomited out the hair really had me gagging

So I just checked the archive. The last 5 raw threads all had people shitting on it. Metacritic puts it at about 8/10. 90% on RT from critics. 79% from audiences.

Witch, The Babadook and It Follows all had similar responses. Intense positivity from critics, less from audiences but still generally good. So why does Sup Forums hate horror so much?

Sup Forums is full of vhs kids who watch bad horror movies with a lot of horror and little plot, so when they see a film like that with a good plot and little horror, they dislike it, just like most audience liked it for that reason

Got boring real quick, but stayed for the girl almost til the end. Felt edgy and amateurish.

>amateurish
Literally her first movie shes directed.

But despite that, I want to disagree. I thought it had incredibly effective usage of violence. Typically, the way violence is portrayed in action movies and stuff, you can see someone getting their head blown off or arm cut off and the reaction typically isn't shock its 'holy shit what a cool special effect'. The violence in this movie is so well set up that even something relatively minor like getting a finger cut off is far more shocking than actually really violent films like Dredd or The Raid. I just thought how she approached violence was incredibly clever.

Just read the synopsis on wiki. This sounds fucking retarded.

Who would watch this fucking nonsense? It sounds disgusting and completely devoid of any value.

>Got boring real quick
God I hate audiences these days. WAAAH WHY DOESNT THE MOVIE START WITH A CAR CHASE?

Audiences these days have no fucking patience, its why the American version of Let The Right One In had to start with emergency vehicles tearing through a forest at night with sirens, or why The Witch has such poor ratings, why Alien was slow burn but Covenant had to have shit go wrong immediately.

>Just read the synopsis on wiki. This sounds fucking retarded.

>After John Wick (Keanu Reeves) loses his wife Helen (Bridget Moynahan) to a terminal illness, he receives a puppy named Daisy, per Helen's instructions, to help him cope with her death. He connects with the puppy and they spend their day driving around in his vintage 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1. At a gas station, he encounters a trio of Russian gangsters whose leader, Iosef Tarasov (Alfie Allen), insists on buying his car, but John refuses to sell it. The mobsters follow John to his home that night, knock him unconscious, steal his car, and kill Daisy.

>Krisha is a woman in her 60's. She is an addict and a troubled person, and she has been estranged from her family for many years. Her son was raised by her sister, Robyn. The films opens with a shot only of Krisha's face as she begins to cry.

Krisha has recently told her relatives that she is now reformed and sober, and that she wants to visit on Thanksgiving Day and cook dinner for the whole extended family. Krisha arrives at her sister Robyn's large house, where many family members are gathered, and greets them all warmly. After unpacking her suitcase, she starts to prepare a huge turkey for roasting, we see glimpses of the other family members who all have their own lives and little problems.

Look basically everything sounds retarded and pointless when you just read the synopsis. It's the execution that makes shit entertaining retard. Even the synopsis for Terminator 2 sounds like some retarded shit my little half brother would come up with.

I guess it was meant to emphasise that her condition was innate and inevitable, like original sin or something.

Btw why are the mods doing nothing about the shamelessly off-topic Sup Forums spam in the catalog?

I thought this movie was fucking garbage. There's some subtext about eating disorders and PETA style propaganda, that's all. The characters, with the exception of the main girl, are all undeveloped.

Even at only 90 minutes, this flick felt padded as fuck with numerous scenes that didn't advance or add to the plot. You could cut 30 minutes from it and have a much tighter story. None of the extra shit was atmospheric or anything. Pure filler.

I also don't understand the reaction by people who saw this when it was playing the festivals. Tons of people talking about how shocking and stomach turning it was. I can only guess these pussies don't really ever watch horror movies, since Raw was actually pretty damn tame.

Ravenous is still the king of cannibalism movies.

this, ravenous has a kino soundtrack as well

>Implying The Do isn't good music

The use of cannibalism as a metaphor was really cool. I think it's supposed to be like how being an adult means taking from one another or something idk.

The soundtrack for Ravenous is amazing. It immensely adds to the movie's off-kilter feel.

The song that plays during the final confrontation between Boyd and Colqhoun is one of the best songs I've heard in a horror film:

youtube.com/watch?v=Px6ZT4PSShk

It's biggest crime is that it's boring.

I loved it. I guess it's a pretty overdone concept of girl goes to college and becomes a degenerate, but as a degenerate it appealed to me.

Goddamn its great. Like ost from early 200's vidyia

I honestly think the feinting and shock from festivals was just marketing tactics. It wasn't that level of shocking. I will admit I had to pause at the finger scene and take a break for a couple of minutes because it was pretty fucked.

>marketing tactics
Not on the directors end. She says she's upset with the direction the marketing went because in reality only 2 people fainted but there was no vomiting, she said its weird because these people are making her movie out to be something its not so when she sees everyone running with those headlines it feels like it its not even her movie anymore.

She seemed annoyed by it tbqh

>Intense positivity from critics, less from audiences

This. I've already forgotten about it.

Just posting cannibalism kino
This shit was terrifying

its much more bizarre
youtube.com/watch?v=2V-KLn_PgQg

Raw wasn't trying to be scary.

I watched it and I was never fully entertained. It's an ultra mellow horror film for women. Filled with grey emotion and droning young love themes. I constantly found myself looking at the skip button on my remote. Nothing to get exited about. But I like the concept A+ for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=GEP5LbhS4MA

This song was pretty good tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=10CSmRNCE4k

This one too. Fit really well with the initial party scene.