It's been years since I cried at a comic book

It's been years since I cried at a comic book.

You won this round Cereal Knight

Other urls found in this thread:

storify.com/robbercat/geoff-johns-cereal-adventure
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Same here. I had seen the preview pages, but reading it in context was completely different. Absolutely beautiful. Planning on buying it later today because of it.

IT got me too, it was a super cheap emotional heartstrings pull if not a sucker punch but

GG cereal lord.
GG

#givebarryallenaboyfriend

I still felt like I was punched in the stomach when Linda didn't remember him though.

well gotta give him a purpose in this new world

I've had a weird few days, and really the most exposure to the Flash I've had is the TV show, but I definitely got misty-eyed when I read this part.

Yeah, that was well done. I'm not even an uber Wally or Flash fan, but some moments in this were honestly gut-wrenching.

I just cried in rage the Barry and wally stuff was really good but I was still seething from the shit with his wife

Yeah, I got teary eyes too. I'm not even a big fan of Wally.

Man, I don't car what eveyrone else is saying
I'm hyped as fuck after I read that Rebirth issue.

He and Linda will find their way back to each other. I just hope it's not too creepy, like maybe she gets the memories on her own.

ITT: Battered step children who fail to realize a brief reprieve from the belt doesn't mean the beatings won't resume tomorrow

>I've had a weird few days, and really the most exposure to the Flash I've had is the TV show, but I definitely got misty-eyed when I read this part.
I love how Wally is so stupid he never went to see Barry before that.

>crying to cheap pandering

Jesus. How to spot someone that never had to deal with anything serious in real life

Comics, gonna keep trying cause the next issue might be great

Except Wally didn't just lose Linda, he lost his kids as well. That must be devastating.

this desu

Today Rebirth was an okay to good issue whereas Darkseid War's final issue was fucking awful.

Pretty easy to tell where Johns' interest was.

3edgy5me

The issue almost ignored that aspect of it. We'll probably have him mourn a little but I don't want DC wants people thinking about the children anymore.

It's more like the belting was extra hard today so maybe tomorow dad will be to tired

The rebirth special was shit but the change in tone and editorial direction looks promising

You missed the Marvel threads, kiddo.

>WOAH THEY BROUGHT BACK A CHARACTER IN A SUPERHERO COMIC I HAVE TO CRY!! BAWWW SO EMOTIONAL

>average asspained Squirrelgirl faggot

Consider suicide

Geoff Johns didn't like Wally's kids.

Fuck off Marvel shill. Don't you have some Marvel to shill?

My problem with it was that this was meant to be about bringing optimism back to dc. They should have subverted our expectations nu52 would have said she dident know him her recognising him would have been the indication things have changed

They did that with the Barry stuff in the end but the Linda stuff was unnecessary.

He created them and had pre-Flashpoint storylines planned for them

Maybe they should have had a comprimise and had both Barry and Linda there

They were editorial mandate from Didio.

His pre-Flashpoint storylines planned for them involved them getting kidnapped and killed.

No it was probably just Jai going evil for a while. There was that pitch to put Irey on that kids' team too that didn't get to pan out.

Yeah, wasn't it heavily hinted that Jai was going to be the Turtle?

Don't really have time to read it right now but is this just a Nu52 version of Wally or is this pre-Nu52 Wally same way we have pre-Nu52 Supes?

It's a physically deaged pre-Flashpoint Wally with all his memories but he also has memories of the new 52 as well

Pre-Nu52 Wally. New Wally is apparently a cousin who's named after the same grandfather.

When Wally was fading into the Speedforce and saying his goodbye to Barry, I almost lost it

Yeah, there's a hilarious page in maybe a secret Files? of the West family and he's sitting on the floor looking mad wearing a shirt with a turtle on it.

also foreshadowing Irey taking over as Kid Flash and Flash goes back to Waid

Do you want to talk about something user?

Perez was on point in this comic, I really loved his art

Wait so he isn't black anymore?

Actually he was never black at all

Black Wally was apparently never the nu52 version of proper Wally, but actually a cousin we've never heard of before.

shit nigga dat moment when Wally is about to perish and Barry remembers and grabs him by the hand and calls him 'Wally', GOD tier moment right there, fucking loved that shit, has to be one of my favorite moments in comics in the last years or so

fucking amazing shit, also dat blue box in the end in epilogue, loved every second of this issue

>Been a fucking hard week, dealing with a lot of shit and my father's illness
>Wally's speech was already too much
>Barry remembers him and saves him
I cried like a little bitch for hours, i fucking needed that

Wally in all case since he's the one who comes so steal the spotlight of a POC.

>Cereal King
???

This isn't the belt. This is the trip to the ice cream parlor, after, because, even though you did wrong, your parents still love you.

>His wife didn't remember him
>But his uncle Barry did
Speedforce, stronger than any relationship.

It was Jimenez though man

storify.com/robbercat/geoff-johns-cereal-adventure

Read bottom to top.

Barry is basically his dad in every meaningful way. Don't downplay his role as just an uncle.

This is one of those situations where fans screamed it loud and long enough and it came true.

Not Muh Wally given form.

It's more memories. Linda's love is obviously more important to Wally. It's why he went to her first. Barry just has the capability to remember because he's a time traveler as well.

It's why Bart remembered Linda when she got erased from history that one time.

It's incredible how long Flash has been shit for

Given it's supporting cast and world it should be much better than it is

Literally the current arc is the only Decent Flash story in over a decade

Same.

I wish their crotches were slightly touching.

Dastardly death was good. So was Rogues' Rebellion, though I guess there wasn't a Flash appearance in it.

Nah the Wednesday comics story is still within that range. but this is 2nd

Rogues had decent stories, I meant staring Flash

Should have specified Final Crisis onwards

which issue is this?

Rebirth one-shot

will Wallyfags shut up now?

they were almost as bad as HEAT was

Yeah it was really powerful, and i only read Wally in JLA as well.

Well i read Return of Barry Allen as well which is probably which i got so emotional.

Meh.

Excuse me? Rogues revolution and gorilla warfare is pretty good and the art is great.