Goodnight, sweet prince

>Goodnight, sweet prince.

Why did his costume turn to stone but his cape is fine?

Ew

Poor Supes

ngl this was a pretty awful death for him
Poor guy deserved better

Oh well, it wasn't the real superman anyway so who cares

Fucking Kryptonian science-magic.

someone explain plz

Marvel and DC are both shitting all over their characters, its kind of pathetic.

I mean its not like its a new occurrence but its gotten particularly widespread just now.

>all that energy
>he consumed himself
Is that Tails Get Trolled Mario's special fire technique?

He realized the only way to kill Buu was to blow him up into so many pieces he could never regenerate, even if that means he has to put all of his life force into the attack.

Superfags complained so much about NuSuperman that the only way to fix it was to kill him off and replace him with the original Superman

Story time ?

The cape is indestructible senpai, they established that early on his run

Thanks for all .. I never like superman, I like this character(not the title) now dead ..

I curse superman for killing him.. for his return, he had to die.. If he had been another hero, he still alive.. he was a character who existed to suffer, as batman.

Although I have hopes on his legacy, superwoman and lana(both with powers) .. and new superman..

GOODBYE, as Batman said, you were the best HERO.

Why just the cape tho

Was this storytimed?

Because Kryptonian bullshit!

Not yet.

Seriously, fuck this. I LIKED Superbro. He didn't deserve to get killed off just so post-crisis Superman could be the one true Superman again.

> original Superman
You mean Post-crisis Superman

Superbro really didn't deserve this.

How did Goku kill him?

My head canon is that he didn't die and becomes the sand Superman we saw in Future's End.

I thought they averted that? Speaking of which, will Terry have anything during Rebirth? Is he back to the kid Adult Damian saved?

Terry will be Batman Beyond again.

Don't know, m80. In my defense I did say head canon. Maybe they averted an alternative version of the concept, but I choose to believe this can allow for a sand Superman manifestation down the road.

Maybe its a cocoon and hes coming out like this

>Thinks Post Crisis Supes is the original Supes

Fuckin casuals mate.

>HUURRR

Yes, I am sure that when people said "this isn't like my Superman" they meant the one from more than 30 years ago

>b-but that's the original one! look at me being pedantic just to show off my "knowledge" about comics!

Just a joke bro. Didn't mean to make you sperg out.

I apologize then, my bad

Is it a cocoon?

Ooof

kek, might actually be, since lois tells old clark 'he died just like you, and like you he may come back', we don't know, in rebirth 1 this stone thing wasn't on location when wally came by to see everyone crying and shit

I'm guessing he comes back to save the day again when Superboy prime comes back from beyond the source wall

Storytime this

Hey DC fans, how does it feel to know that no one gives a shit about Super Dead Statue Man? Captain Gay Nazi is stealing all of DC's hype and I am loving it

>superman from Morrison Action Comics is dead
This is a bad thing.

But it comes with a free frogurt!

that's good

>Superman died
>nobody gives a shit
>silly Captain America twist that will be forgotten after this run
>internet explodes
MARVEL
ALWAYS
WINS

this desu

Is he wearing a beard?

>Superman died
>But before that let's publish a story about old Supes contemplating the already-happened death of new Supes
>This won't backfire and kill the tension at all I'm sure

>nu52 is over
>nusupes is dead
>postcrisis Superman has returned with wife and kid for playmates with Damian
>Wally "the fastest man ever" West is back
>we get to see at least two Jokers dead in the near future
>Action Comics back to proper numbering

>mfw

makes me wonder why there are so many butthurt DCboys on Sup Forums lately, it's like, you people should be used to losing by now

Superman didn't die, nu52 Superman did.

Not for nothing, but the scene wasn't presented to pull heart strings.

It wasn't made with a fondness or respect for the character that would steer creative towards fashioning a farewell for the character that suggests these feelings.

Even the other characters, they are written to cope far too well with the situation, as if they too were waiting for him to die and upon seeing an older Superman around didn't feel even the anxiety of living in a world without Superman's vigilance, like him or not.

I didn't like this Superman. But either DC felt the same or this isn't a final death.

Theories on what happened and how he would be brought back?

I'm thinking he is now an energy being (yeah, I know and they'll split him in two as well), or the old "not really, he was teleported away at the last moment" trick.