Storytiming Mockingbird #3
Apparently the embargo for introducing new MUTANTS is over

Warning, the writing is pretentious

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_174
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

thanks for bumping by the way

end

Wow. This is what modern society has turned comics into. Everyone is a victim.

Yeah. I warned you that the comic is pretentious woman venting in. But that's not why I storytimed it. I am really surprised that they were allowed to introduce a new mutant, albeit they did dance around calling her a "mutie"

>Apparently the embargo for introducing new MUTANTS is over
Was it EVER in place? I've seen no actual proof of this outside of Rumor Rich going "trust me guys, there's a conspiracy going on and here's some clickbait to 'prove' it."

All the x-books have been consistently introducing new characters since AvX ended.

Lol, you don't think that such thing would be official?
Still, Claremont mentioned that creating new mutants was a huge no-no. People misquote him as saying that creating mutants was forbidden (because sensationalism), but what Claremont said is that marvel doesn't want to promote characters that would be used by Fox.

Anyway, it's the first new mutant introduced outside of x-book after AvX, and that says a lot. How long time ago AvX happened?

Is the news feed an edit. Also those hero tees are really poorly added like holy crap they are bad.

I feel like the writer has some issues, t b h
I think that she is aware that no one reads the book, so she just inserts whatever she wants.
It's a silent cry for help

Do people care about Mockingbird?

>Dick Profit
Holy shit this woman has problems.

>I think that she is aware that no one reads the book, so she just inserts whatever she wants.
Well that's exactly what happened with Angela: Queen of Hel, so at least this book is actually decent. Queen of Hel was fucking horrible.

cont. and let me tell you more, even during decimation, we had a new mutant introduced, during dark reign (melter, or whatever was his name). and you know, back then mutants were decimated to 198 folks. After 2012 however, you can feel that something wrong was going on.

From 12 x-books per month, it dropped to like 6? Not that it's a bad thing, but marvel is not known for being reasonable. If they have a cash cow, they ride it to death.

lol, no. I don't care about her. I only storytimed it because of the new mutant

Yeah. Frankly, I wonder if she did it on purpose so some x-fag would hype it. This book sells like shit.

jesus christ

there's not worse feeling than reading a comic that clearly has potential to be yet is saturated with bullshit

Wow I could've sworn this book was running for months.
Apparently Issue 2 is selling 30k. Not horrible but it'll only go down from here.

Ten bucks says they'll retcon her into being an Inhuman who got their awakening delayed.

This is probably the worst comic I've read all year. The first two issues weren't so horrible.

One thing that made this book dead on arrival was writer admitting in interviews that it will be inspired by the tv series and that the tv lore would overtake the comic book one. Just like you have the tagline on Agents of Shield saying "comic book inspired by the tv show" rather than
"comic book that inspired the tv show".

it's all possible. however, had this been the case, they would just do it already. not only that, they would include that in the solicits with the caps. it feels like this was something sneaked behind the editors (and we know how much marvel editors suck). like some other user said, probably did it for the buzz.

You can't say you weren't warned.
I mean really, "women are oppressed"?
Frankly, Freud would have a field day with the "dick envy" that this issue has.

The angry news guys name was Dick Profit.

Also I liked the art and coloring in this issue but the writing sucked, never getting any thing by this woman again.

Yup. How blatant can you get. At the beginning there is the line that she missed the y-chrosome.
Seriously, the writer dreams about having a penis.
Freud said that women want to have kids, because kids are a substitute for the lack of penis. I thought that Freud was insane, but I feel like he was right. Just like Cyclops.

Fuck Jung.

I actually bought the first two out of curiosity, hoping it may be a hidden gem, fuck

Nobody's perfect user. I also made mistakes in my life. For example, I trusted my friend when he told me that these pills were good for cough.

I woke up with the head in the toilet with a pencil in my anus. Next time, I said no, when he offered me the pills.

I puked.

Damn, you really make me feel bad. I'm sorry user

And I was enjoying this book too...

>Zebediah loves Jessica

Did you notice that cyclops has two eyes instead of one in his visor?

The idea of a young mutant holding his friend in a bubble she don't control is good.

The power of color alteration for chemical element is a good idea too.

Art is in the middle tier of what Marvel do, but nowadays marvel art of pulled really low by Squirrel Girl. So it doesn't mean much.

With a few rewrite it could have been an average issue.

An example of rewrite Marvel whoudl ahve done:

+First page where she want to an heroine is legit funny.
-But we reach the y chromosome part. It is insulting and inacurate. The Avengers had the wasp in the team since days one.

+"Proving yourself in a world of men" could have been a good idea.
- But here it is just "MEENNN!!!" Female heroine, at least in universe are respected. I don't remember a male heroine being misogist to a female hero.
- Instead of writing about sexism, why not show the more successfull marvel woman like Maria hill or She Hulk?

+ Misoginist reporter could have been a good angle. Calling him Dick Profit is a step really far. Killing him in the end is to much. it just turn the young mutie into a murderer. Saving him instead is heroism and he could or not have a chance of heart. Here he is a strawman. Give him a past, or make him concerned by the well being of these girl. Here he is just a dick.

+ Having one T-shirt girl power is OK.
- Having all t-shirt with girlie book? Too much.

+ Hostage negociation with a Six grade girl being hard? Good idea. After all teen are dicks.
Sending a female hero to talk and inspire is a good idea too.

+ Sun coming out to evaporate the raibow. Good point.

- Can't continue reading this shit.
- No proper conclusion.

I cared when she was banging Clint.

You're obviously right. I really don't understand why there is so malice towards men in some women. Nobody's perfect, but really, reaching that hard? I wonder how do these women imagine a perfect world? Or equality?

is there a page missing? is that the resolution? 2 people are dead, Mockingbird is cancelled already isn't it? This feels like Angela where the writer just quit midway through issue 3.

That shocked me too. What happen next?
Obviously, the girl is a killer. A super powered underage killer. How do you deal with that? She got all agreviating circonstance.

that's the rip I got. Either someone goofed, or it really is that abrupt. But judging from the page count it's legit ending

>Dick Profit

I was trying to keep and open mind and keep reading but I can't do this, I'm out

>Warning, the writing is pretentious
That is always implied with anything written by Marvel in the last 3 years.

>Nation stops being sexist, starts talking about tampons

What

*Hugs*
At least you tried

>Women "Can't handle" power. "Too unstable" for elected office. "Might destroy planets"

Don't you know? Tampons are the secret to world peace
I love how this comic shows women are lunatics
If you ever wanted to be justified sexist person here you have it: woman's power fantasy

I am, however, amused that Howard the Duck is on the Juice Box

>Might destroy planets
If only it was a joke...

Didn't even notice. Good eye
Poor artist, though. Working with such a script.
today, there was also a giveaway comic by marvel about the dangers of hurricane.
"Ready Girl" (lol)
Still, the heroine was a great role model, and the whole short comic felt much better than this

See now you're being retarded in the other direction

We've had plenty of instances of women writing comics without being bull blown batshit crazy about it. This author is a psychopath, that doesn't mean women are psychopaths.

I thought it was just your regular Marvel pretentiousness.
This is ADVANCED PRETENTIOUSNESS. Body discharges, The War on Teenage Girls, STEM cunnilingus - it's like Salon Bingo. I'm not sure the hard confirmation of a single mutant was worth reading this.

Of course it doesn't. It's just that we don't have balance. Those who could write a good book with females, are in minority. And frankly, most of times, for some reason, women are venting. Hard

Why? I don't know.

I actually think this is one of the better books being put out by Marvel, this issue was meh, but the previous two were really good.

I just want Squirrel Girl to be cancelled.

Maybe it was a trap? You know, I have a hard stomach, nothing really moves me. At the core, the story wasn't really a bad idea. It's just that you can see that this is a cry for help. For some hug.

>Instagram mention for literally no reason

>social medias everyone!
>everyone uses them!

>STEM cunnilingus
what?

Where does it say she is a mutant?

Yeah, well, I'm a broken person who sees conspiracy in everything, and this story just made my arms pop off, so I have no hugs to give.
t. Floyd Belkin

You know, opening yourself is not easy, I applaud you. I don't like talking about myself, I hate that.
But a lot of people find cathartic when they just can spill the beans, even if no one listens. i don't know, just... whatever

I wanted to say "STEM fellation", but I thought "cunnilingus" would be more appropriate.

it is implied hereand still, it's a massive step.
and if she isn't mutant, then what she is?
if she was an inhumeme, it would be spelled out

the fact that the word mutant is danced around sort of proves.

I mean, suddenly, she gets power (no mists involved). She's 12 year old, so a little before puberty, however it's explicitly said that she matured a little too early. What more proof do you need?

I guess I see what you mean.
And it is pretty common for people to vent in their work when it's about to end. Sometimes it can be fascinating in addition to being indulgent, but not always.

I would have taken the shot at that point. She's a killer who killed two men, one of which was just doing his job holding a camera. Mockingbird's plan at this point would put everyone in the area at risk.

I would go as far and say that it's a trainwreck.
The best part? It would be a good issue, if the writer wasn't so frustrated. She really sounds helpless, and it's fucked up that she tries to make it up in fiction. Think about it.

Who wouldn't? But in the end it's not unrealistic.
In Brazil, country known for police brutality, you have accidents like this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_174

The actual word mutant would help. There is no age limit on terrigen and bobbi saying I'm not a mutant doesn't confirm anything. It's not like the word mutant is banned. If she turned out to be a the result of a lab experiment or Inhuman it wouldn't conflict with anything.

Probably. But I guess that it's as close as it gets.
I was a little too ecstatic, when I storytimed it, because I hoped that this petty war ended.

But maybe you're right. I wonder if I should delete the thread, as to not accidentally bait other anons into reading this. Then again, I'm not sure if I can, because there is a time limit within you can delete your own post.

Is this supposed to be a parody of itself?

No, and that's the saddest part. I mean, you can laugh it, you can hate it, but you should actually feel pity.

This is probably the first time I've read a screed like this that wasn't baked into a shitty story. There's nothing bad about the way the story is told or set up (except for the short reactions to confirmed, intentional kills, which is offputting) - it just chafes. It's unusual. It's like this issue embodies every defense people made for books like Spider-Woman or All-New Thor, except that it's actually true here.

did anyone notice the facepalm meme on the wall ?

Let's be careful, because we might make this issue 2deep4us

I didn't. Holy fuck

I wonder if the artist included this, after reading the script, as an easter egg

>Baby groot plant
CUTE

I can see that. I don't really hate it. It feels a little like a sandman story, it feels more like a dream. I mean it's not complex, challenging, or a competent story, but it certainly has this absurd / surreal feel

What the hell happened? The first two issues were good. This was alright, but it felt like it was extremely far out of left field.

Apparently the Angela effect happened, ie writer doing whatever, because it'll be cancelled anyway.

But I agree, this issue feels a little like a creepypasta, you expect another random capeshit, and you get some weird meta messages

I don't understand
>Mocking bird. So this must be about spies or shield or something
>I remember the first issue, there was a conspiracy or some weird shit. The writing was a little dumb
>this issue is some nonsense smattered in random girl power and sexism messages
>my body is changing! super powers! the news is evil! we can't talk about tampons!
I'm missing something here

Period? Just kidding.
I don't think I know either.

>Schrodinger's cat is dead
What did they mean by this?

That the playtime has ended.

If she wants to talk about tampons I wanna talk about smegma, pre-cum, and circumcision.

Please do. I am currently eating right now.
I would use some spice