Wtf?

How am I supposed to feel about this?
Are they that desperate for ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/article/2016/05/25/captain-america-villain-hydra-nick-spencer-tom-brevoort
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Are they that desperate for ideas?
New to comics?

Comics have been dead for about 10 years now, user. Don't pay attention to this new shit.

What about Lemire's Moon Knight? Or King's based Vision,Omega-Men and Grayson?

>Comics have been dead for about 30 years now, user
Fixed.

I understand that. But this still upsets me.

It would be funny if kamala was always kkk

>still reading Big Two comics
Do you like getting fucked in the ass with no lube?

ENOUGH WITH THE GIMMICKS MARVEL

Remember when Marvel said they'd admit they're out of ideas if they ever had 616 and Ultimate crossover

I like it

it's interesting

What's there to be upset about? Super-villain with telepathy powers fucks with super-hero to make them think they're evil. This is a pretty standard cape comic plot.

>House of ideas

Some context plz?

>How am I supposed to feel about this?
Ahh, the average Sup Forums user. Needing someone to tell them how to feel about a single image from a comic book.

> 83153620
Steve Rogers has been part of hydra all along

>western """""""""""""""""""comics""""""""""""""""""""

Welcome to Marvel post 1995

DON'T BE UPSET, GOYS

THE MOVIES ARE WHAT TRULY MATTER

Red Skull used Xavier's powers to implant some false memories into Cap of him and his mother being indoctrinated into HYDRA back in the 20s, making Steve think he's a HYDRA sleeper agent.

They literally just announced a new rebranding thats a reuse of an old one.

Actual the concept of "all-america superhero was a nazi plant all along" is a pretty interesting idea. It's just a shame that it contradicts all previous characterization for Steve and will almost assuredly be revealed to be a mind control situation.

Would have worked better as an original story.

wait a few months for the Mind Control lolXavier's brain powers lol false memories reveal

I get the intention behind this, but a lot of that is outdated or just lies to begin with.

JUST

You aren't making money with the comics, happy merchant. They're PR at best

This is gunna be some other secret agent man while the real Steve is chained up

>I get the intention behind this
No shit, are you some kind of genius?

>dcucks will insist only Marvel is guilty

Death of Superman was written in 1992

We just came off a plot about false memories, written by Spencer

This isn't new or different

Read the issue. It's clear that Red Skull interfered with Steve's memories. The red parts are false.

IT'S A PRANK, BRO
Honestly it might aswell be.

I know its obvious, but theres enough 'sjw' stuff in comics you dont really need to make untrue claims such as Rescue replacing Iron Man.

What there is a lie?

As far as I know, all of those things happened at one point or another. Maybe misleading, some of those characters weren't REPLACED, just the race-swap/progressive agenda version was put in another universe, but the point here stands.

Want you to keep buying it before they reveal it was all a ruse.

It's beside the point, the point is that western comics shove blatant political propaganda on their pages. And it erodes any potential quality and creativity these artists can produce.

HORY SHET!
THIS IS UNPRECEDENTED!
NEVER BEFORE HAS ANYONE IMPERSONATED CAPTAIN AMERICA!
ESPECIALLY NOT HYDRA!
HOW COULD SUCH A THING HAVE HAPPENED?!?!

According to the writers it's actually Cap, not a clone, not a duplicate, and not mind control.

My bet's on him being written new memories.

>As far as I know
Maybe actually read the comics instead of just believing every meme-spewing faggot you come across on Sup Forums.

>According to the writers
Yeah, because writers never lie, amirite?
Remember when they said SpOck was permanent and there would be a whole generation of kids who grew up reading Otto as Spider-Man?

Also "false memories" isn't exactly the same thing as "mind control" so there's that. It's also possible that the false memories didn't actually sway him and he's just playing along so he can be all SURPRISE, MOTHERFUCKER, FREEDOM PREVAILS!" later on, which would mean it's "actually cap...and not mind control" so...

It's not an impersonator. Red Skull just implanted some fake memories into Steve.

Were the false memories of him being brainwashed?
Or were they supposed to just make him think he was acting all this time?

>makes claim
>provides no evidence

Into the trash

Marvel isn't all comics.

True, they're half of them, the other half is DC.

There are no other comics, no sir.

How did Red Skull get Xavier's body

I just read uncanny avangers 1 which I assumed would tell me but it didn't

It's actually surprising that they haven't done an arc where Capt was brainwashed into being a Hydra agent. Or have they just not at this length?

>EW: Issue 1 lays the groundwork for the reveal with flashbacks to Steve’s childhood and his first contact with an operative of Hydra. Does this mean it’s been this way his whole life?

>Spencer: Issue 2 will lay a lot of our cards on the table in terms of what the new status quo is, but the one thing we can say unequivocally is: This is not a clone, not an imposter, not mind control, not someone else acting through Steve. This really is Steve Rogers, Captain America himself.

ew.com/article/2016/05/25/captain-america-villain-hydra-nick-spencer-tom-brevoort

They didn't do it this gently.

So this is not brainwashing, it's for real? fuck

Then it's reality manipulation, false memory implantation, or dementia. Get with it, nerd.

Kek

False memories to make himself think he's been a HYDRA sleeper agent this whole time.

He didn't say that. He just said there's no mind control. Changing memories, like the comic seems to heavily suggest, is technically not mind control.

How do people constantly fall for this shit ? It's not even like this stuff is spread out enough that's a new generation of people getting upset either

>in lcs
>Worked all morning and so didn't read any spoilers
>Getting some of the new shit
>Was kinda hyped for steve coming back
>See price and skip because payday is tomorrow
>Come home this
Best 6 bucks i ever saved. Glad I got the new darkwing duck instead.

>Black Adam turns into Noh-Varr?
>Some new inhumans appearing didn't make the old ones disappear
>Instead of Kamala under Carol it should be Cpt.Tumblr
>Ironman hasn't gone anywhere.That's Pepper wearing the Rescue suit
>That's a completely different Nova from Richard
>Different Earth Superman is black and Ithink black kryptonians have existed before
There is surely some true bullshit here, but there are cherrypicks and lies too. It really seems like it was made by someone who hasn't read the comics he took those images from.

Man it sucks that once a writer decides something is true an editor can never change it later anyway.

Have you not kept up with comics for the last 5-6 years?

It was either this or turning him gay/trans.

Guess no one told Nick Spencer this had already been done.

Are you new to comics? I swear it's always the people with 1 year or less into this hobby the ones that get upset the most at every run's gimmick.

Yeah but Secret Warriors/Secret Avengers sucked.

And Hydra had stopped appearing after that, until we got the movies.

But this Spencer run is gonna be THE definitive Cap run, right?

>using an image of WW that appeared for like one story
>implying Johns would ever let Hal lose the spotlight
>implying That guy at all replaced pre-crisis Supes
>implying Alfred having a niece means she replaced him
>implying fucking Lobdell's Starfire was better than Palmiotti's

That's not to mention all the stuff in that list that was explicitly and obviously temporary.

Spencer has made multiple references to Secret Warriors. Even made one as recently as... last issue.

Do you have a link to them saying this isn't mind control? Because I really want to have it on record when they renege on that statement.

I'm more upset about the having multiple "new" runs of the same series each year. And they have left open multiple plots in the last 3 Cap runs.

This will be a huge joke in another 10 years.
All the people who did this will look back and cringe the same way people look at over-the-top 90's violence in comics.
It's just a trend.

Well, the definitive Captain Hyrda run at least.

Oh wait, Remender beat him to it.

I'm sure that will be a sick burn

Which plots? The plots have ultimately been related to HYDRA, and if there's one thing I give to Spencer is that he doesn't leave plot points hanging. He has been saying that HYDRA infiltrated the Avengers since ages ago, and voila, Cap is the mole. It makes sense too, since Red Skull meddled with Cap brain since the first Uncanny Avengers numbers, like 4 years ago.

Well everything relating to the Zolas (Jet Black and Ian) was just completely dropped.

>If you don't support open borders, immigration reform, and have a problem with a massive influx of people who refuse to integrate into the culture, demanding the preexisting culture bend to theirs, you are literally a skullfaced super nazi
>Oh and the guy who fought the nazis and punched Hitler and made all those great rallying speeches was secretly also a nazi the whole time
It seems Axis Shift never ended because Hydra are now the good guys.

Wasn't the plot where the secret council appears older than Axis?

So whitey was the villain all along... really makes you think.

Well, Jet is on limbo. Ian is with Cap, isn't he?

What if Cap's like ironically HYDRA

no, the Secret Council was at the start of Axis, when Cap Falcon comic was unreleased yet. Uncanny Avengers was more than one and a half year old at that point, they were finishing the Avenge the Earth plot at that point

Last we saw him Ian died in the Hydra's Infinite Elevator at the end of Hail Hydra and Jet just ran off with her father after the obvious vat-clone of Sharon came back.

>Marvel turning 616 Cap evil
Come on, user. It's Marvel; this is way too interesting of an idea for them to commit to.

I thought this was a joke the first time I rad it...now, I'm not quite sure.

Is including characters who are different genders, races, and sexualize a political thing? Those types of people exist in the world. Is their existence political?

shhhhhhhhhhhh, let Sup Forums have their conspiration dreams, everything is propaganda for them

#ImWithCap #HailHydra

Fuck off Marvel this shilling is even more blatant than DCs Subway Sandwich (tm) branded book.

But these are already established characters, being replaced unnecessarily.

wasn't Hail Hydra just Battleworld shit? Yeah, Jet is in limbo. I bet Ian will come back and become the new Jack Flag, IDK

are you new to comics? This shit has been going on since the FIFTIES.

Cap was replaced who knows how many times, Thor by Beta Ray Bill and Eric Masterson, Iron Man by War Machine.

I don't want to imagine how you people would twist War Machine becoming Iron Man into "le evil left propaganda" if the storyline was done today. God forbid sidekicks become the hero for a while.

This is what Marvel comics has been doing for attention for years. Character assassination = pissed off readers = sales boost. It also fits in with their new extreme SJW approach --who better to character assassinate than the patriotic cisgendered white male

How the fuck did he get Xavier's powers?

they're just gonna say he's brainwashed or some shit. no way Cap has been evil this whole time, lol.

People in twitter are complaining Marvel made Cap belong to Hydra because they were asking for him to be gay. They claim Marvel preferes making him a nazi instead of gay.

What a time to be alive.

Stole his brain. This happened 4 years ago, user. Its hardly a new development.

Yes, as if they could write and release an entire comic in... one day.

This issue has likely been done for the past 3 months.

He stole his brain from his grave and put it in his head or some similar idiocy.

Knowing that implies the people posting those hashtags know anything about comics or things in general.

Ack ack ack!

I love how your intention here is to make it seem like the SJWs have took over Marvel, but you cross out X-Men, which is a story based entirely around a diverse group of individuals looking for acceptance in society and has been used as a metaphor for minority groups for ages. If SJWs really did took over Marvel X-Men would become MORE prominent if anything, not less. Also, literally what the fuck is wrong with that WW costume change? God forbid she change costume like male heroes have done for years in different runs. WW gets a costume change that's slightly less revealing and BOOM and it's the SJWs.