/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Confederacy of Independent Systems is love edition

Old Thread >Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars #19: Rebel Jail (part 4 of 4)
Obi-Wan and Anakin #5 (part 5 of 5)

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-IVW0aIO2Lg
youtu.be/uQereoIxioI
youtube.com/watch?v=G8pHJ8EJKns
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I want2fuk

youtube.com/watch?v=-IVW0aIO2Lg
The Star Wars show

>slowly migrate
faggot

Poor Malakili, he deserved better.

Was he on Jabba's barge when it blew?

Daily reminder that Togruta and Twi'Leks only go for Chads

Anyone want to play SWG? Or has that phase passed?

Are you Chad enough for them, /swco/?

That's Anakin Skywalker, user. Chad Vader is an entirely different person.

I'd play, but life, and sleep user. Life and sleep.

Sad.

Godspeed user

How popular were clones with the ladies?

Is he worth it?

Something tells me they have plans for this guy beyond just the confines of this comic

Had you one you had them all.

Do they even get any downtime? Can't sexual girls if you're always working.

You think the Kaminoans had a special section on puberty and human sexuality in their training programs?

muh dick

They would probably figure it out soon enough. I doubt they actually get any sex education though. They were created to kill.

They do actually. I'm sure they get drunk and try to woo the ladies.

Fuck that's a great pic.

> clone posting in a CIS thread
Guess I'll have to work with reverse psychology next time, huh?

RED
E
D

What's the name of the comic? I've been going full normie, so I am out of the loop for anything involving the new canon.

Obi Wan & Anakin

Obi-Wan and Anakin. Five issue series that just finished today, so catchup will be quick

The fuck kinda alien is chatting with that dug? It looks like a Chiss with a far to big brain.

This will no doubt fuel the Revan thing, I imagine. A Jedi with a red sword who leaves instructions on how to contact the Jedi. Well golly gee, it must be that there Revanchist when he was fighting them Mangolordians. Nevermind it wouldn't make sense for him to have a red sword as he still calls himself a Jedi, but whatever.

Personally I hope it goes back even further to the original schism that split the Jedi, one faction that espoused using the Dark Side for power eventually becoming the Sith. No clue how much of that is still the case, but the non-Red Sith origin had it that the Dark Jedi eventually lost their civil war with the Jedi and fled, becoming the Sith in exile. The Red Sith origin has the same thing, of course, but involves more interbreeding with tentacle faced aliens. In this case what was shown could be part of the civil war with the faction that becomes the Sith already using distinctive red blades. That would make some interesting thematic poetry with the civil war that planet was suffering, a conflict in which both sides were obsessed with violence and only agreed on a third party target whose crime was making kites.

Of course the easier theory is that the recording was about a Sith Lord being defeated by the Jedi who left instructions on how to contact them later, but it really seemed as if she felt that the red bladed dude was exactly the one who left the message and just the kinda murder master she wanted to solve her world's problems.

>Sebulba's race is called dug
>he looks a bit like a dog
Pottery

>starts the fight with a turn that locks out everything but his basic attack (which is a guaranteed stun this turn)
>Basic attack deals extra damage against targets with less than half their turn meter
>Special attack boosts turn meter based on Han's critical chance
>Team starts combat with Crit. Chance boost

Not what I imagined, but I could already see the potential for a stun-lock scenario

God, I hate this bitch on so many levels.

youtu.be/uQereoIxioI

>0 aliens

I want to be famous and get free shit and be on cool shows for doing nothing

To be honest with you, I laughed at the video, but this is too much. Like... we get it, it was funny. Stop. Maymay culture was a mistake.

Then accidentally tap into a multi-billion dollar corporations' marketing with a viral video

They're in another galaxy far far away. They're all aliens.

I've got some more coming for ya
> the leader of the dugs is the doge

Twi'Leks? Sure but Togruta not so much.
Ahsoka's giney tingled for Lux Bonteri rather than Saw Gerrera.

I need more of this canon Old Republic. This strategy to unravel it gradually through momentary teasers is fucking excruciating but still kind of exciting

For fuck's sake

Is it true that Luke failed the Mind Trick the first time he tried it? Or is that just EU?

he tried it in the third movie on a pig guard

That was actually Force Prostate Tickle.

There were some seriously weird techniques in Obi-Wan's journal. Jury is still out on how much Qui-Gon influenced them.

He failed countless times.

In Heir to the Jedi, he is shown repeatedly attempting to use mind tricks, and tries to gimmicks Obi-Wan's hand movements from memory, but fails the entire book.

This book is Canon by the way, came out last year, not part of the EU.

I specifically mean the first time he tried it. He choked out the Gamorrean guards, and tricked Bib Fortuna. But that was way after he'd trained.

This is what I'm talking about. Why the fuck can Rey use it but Luke can't?

Rey confirmed for being better than Luke despite never being trained

ugh...

Was also a running joke throughout Rebels Season 2 for a while, that Ezra kept attempting, and failing to do a Mind Trick.

As for Rey, well... There's a certain Guaranteed Replies(tm) term that I will not use, that may, possibly "explain" it.

Or alternatively, the theory that Rey has actually been trained, only to have her memory wiped by Luke shortly before, or after, the Knights ruined his academy. I like that one more.

>despite never being trained
OR WAS SHE?

Dun dun DUN

But in all seriousness, Rey sucks, as a character

The formation of Confederacy of Independent Systems was a justifiable act. The Galactic Republic was stagnant corruption, and the outlying worlds didn't want to deal with their guff. Although it was orchestrated by Sheev, there were actual legitimate reasons the republic was dying. Leaders like Finis Valorum were becoming weak and the outer-rim territories under the Republic were paying for it. So then they made their own senate, government and everything.

Sure yeah, the confederacy's high council was being run by jerks. Their military officers were even worse. But it was a system that at least attempted to work away from the Republic's stagnation.

I'm waiting until the info we get from the rest of the trilogy. The feel of Ep 7 will completely change once context is added.

Even now, I still have this idiotic thought that the CIS was a precursor to the Rebel Alliance.

I blame reading the RotS book

Thanks (●´ω`●)

True. Can't really judge Anakin alone from TPM.

Hell, it's unfair to judge Anakin without watching TCW either. Rey could end up getting a LOT of content to flesh her out. We're still at the very start of her story. She has 1 movie, and 1/3rd of a book (Before the Awakening).

She's had an admittedly rough start (in which her start wasn't rough at all...) but that's not to say we won't all love her in the end.

Just look at Ahsoka.

One thing that surprises me in Bloodline is that Threepio still remembers his time in the Rebellion. No wipes for Goldenrod. Not saying we know of any reason why he would be, only that we've heard that mind-wipes are performed rather often on non-Astromechs. Bail, when using Threepio for covert actions like in Rebels, seemed to employ far more wipes. Poor Threepio didn't even know he and Artoo were ON a mission.

It'd be pretty cool if we got some Rebel Alliance members with seperatist backgrounds.

It would be nice to see some continuity between the two.
There isn't the same sort of transition that there is between Republic and Empire, the CIS and the Rebellion are entirely different bodies but I'm sure some former CIS supporters would move over to the Rebellion.

I see Filoni's speech has resonated with you.

Honestly with Dooku gone and the heads of the war profiteering group murdered, the Confederation of Independent Systems would function as they should, an actual movement fed up with the corruption of the republic/empire.

Especially what we see of the actual well meaning leaders in the CIS before dooku murders them to manipulate stuff in TCW.

Some anons were talking about how the moves the actress was showing in her training for the film were similar to Kylo Ren's moves. Makes me wonder if maybe there is some truth to the notion that when their minds were linked Rey may have subconsciously stolen knowledge from him in the form of training.

Though I also like the way Freddie Prinze likes to play up the idea that Kanan was learning from the Inquisitor. You pick up some tricks from your chief antagonist, especially if they're good tricks. Something like that could be going on.

Of course the easiest notion is that Kylo and Rey are both trained by Luke, though I'd prefer Kylo's angrier moves (he never really showed much finesse) were Snoke's doing.

Ah yeah. HIS speech...

>Rey could end up getting a LOT of content to flesh her out.
She can be another Space Jesus. That wouldn't make her arc in TFA any good tho.

>That wouldn't make her arc in TFA any good tho.
This.
Them fixing her character won't fix her being terrible in the movie.
Sure, she will become an overall better character and going forward she will be good.
But she will always be terrible in TFA.

>but that's not to say we won't all love her in the end.
Yeah, but she's ugly and can't act.. I'll bet the standalone movies are going to be better than the trilogy.

I agree

I don't think she's ugly at all... But she is probably the weakest actor in the entire movie. I mean, she wasn't horrible. Not worse than some of the performances we've had. But she was completely overshadowed by pretty much all her co-stars, new and old.

I wish I knew about this figure when it came out. It's expensive as fuck now....

That's the Black Series figure, right? I thought that wasn't out yet.

has anyone storytimed Obi-wan and Anakin yet?

>The purple lightsaber blade is out of alignment with the hilt

Yeah, I think I'll just

Throw that one in the trash

Single blader 4 lyf

Wait, really? SHIT THEN IT MUST OF BEEN ANOTHER FIGURE I SAW FOR SALE THEN. FUCK I'M SO HAPPY NOW.

Can we all talk about how SLJ as was the worst casting decision in Star Wars history? I mean some people will say Hayden as Anakin but Lucas wrote a whiny fuccboi and casted a whiny fuccboi. Why cast Jackson and not let him chimpout once or twice? Makes no fucking sense

Yeah, having a man well known for using high levels of violence play a character that sits around all movie and does nothing just isn't right.
What action we did get from him was rather lame, too.

wat
Wasn't this supposed to come out this fall?

>was the worst casting decision in Star Wars history
youtube.com/watch?v=G8pHJ8EJKns Although I agree SLJ was just cast for money. He's a good actor as long as he plays someone violent.

>"Can we all talk about x"
>>>/tumblr/

The fun thing is Luke at this stage in his lack-of-training is more in line with Finn. "I know, we'll use the Force!" But that's not how the Force works, right Han? He's in his trust in the Force and cool shit happens mode, and to be fair that's how he experienced it whether it was Obi-Wan blinding him with a helmet or effectively blinding himself by turning off his targeting computer. He's got this notion that if you rely on the Force it'll have your back, but the Force is notoriously unreliable with that.

Rey, meanwhile, keeps having things leap into her head, whether it's the Force vision at Maz's that freaks her out so bad she runs or Kylo Ren trying to rummage around in her thoughts. She learned by direct connections to her brain.

And frankly Luke and Rey's experience isn't too different given they both expressed largely when they had no other choice. Rey had to mind trick or stay locked up, even then she stumbled, or accessed the Force when she found her calm place when her back was literally to a cliff. Forget do or do not, there is no try. It's do or die.

Friendly reminder that I can't even

So what's next for Sabine?

Death

Have sex with Ezra, then live happily ever after.

Is this official art?

It is. It's for Star Wars Celebration Europe.

It's so beautiful.

reclaiming Mandalore

looks pretty bad

Where are the non-humans?

>Non-humans
>In NuStar Wars
HA!

Cape dude has a lightsaber?

Nope, standard shiny blaster.

In the slums where they belong

Get dicked by Erza and she'll probably have to face problems due to her being Vizla.

To live a happy life with Ezra and the rest of the Rebels characters on Alderaan : )

edgy

Gets seduced by Ezra because he's all dark side now

Also poe if he's actually a faggot