Are there any characters that should just be retired because they've been milked so dry that there's nothing worthwhile...

Are there any characters that should just be retired because they've been milked so dry that there's nothing worthwhile left to do with them?

Characters I don't like, especially when they do stories I don't care about.

Ghost Rider
Tim Drake
Gambit
Hulk (Banner)
Cyborg
Deadman
Black Widow
Quicksilver

this

It seems like the only reason Batman and Superman are still written so much is because of money. Honest question, how good are their comics? I can't imagine they're any more than okay after each having up to half a dozen books every month for the last 80 years.

There's no such thing as "nothing left to do with them", all you need is a dart board and a good writer, and you can never tire out a character.

>Are there any characters that should just be retired because they've been milked so dry that there's nothing worthwhile left to do with them?
Moon Knight.
Ms. Marvel.
Luke Cage.
Iron Fist.
Ghost Rider.

Basically a shit ton of B-listers.

batman is the only cow that still gives milk though

Pic not related? Morrison just did groudbreaking runs on both of these characters within the last 6 years. Fuck right off casual.

Arguably. Would anyone like a storytime on that subject?

DC and Marvel. Let new blood flow!

>Ghost Rider
the character have been barely used in comparison to bullshit like Wolverine appearing in 3 books at the same time. Ghost Rider deserves a good run like he had during volume 6, the new Ghost Rider was ok but it relied too much in Tradd Moore's art, but the writting was rather generic, we need a decent follow up of Heaven's on Fire that brings back Danny and Blaze.

Why don't you read for yourself?

well they make money so it doesn't matter what you think. they make other books for other characters but they don't make money and get cancelled quickly. so more batman and superman books again.

> I can't imagine they're any more than okay after each having up to half a dozen books every month for the last 80 years.
This proves you don't read comics,there are literally hundreds of great comics to both,hell, Batman is known for having great writers tell great stories do him,same with supes, fuck off back to Sup Forums

Any created more than 10 years ago.

This. Recycling IPs is the greatest cancer in all of fiction, and it gets worse every day.

The Joker. I want him off the streets by any means necessary

The Joker can now fly. How do things change in Gotham City?

Infectious Lass is hot as fuck

I know it's a joke, but no, the Joker really does count. Fuck him, he's boring most of the time these days anyway.

Give him one last final story, then retire him for a good 10-15 years.

too bad
enjoy your three jokers
im sure you'll finally be able to kill them but you'll still be stuck with one forever

Do you expect something new?

What the fuck are modern writers going to make?

It's nothing but glorified, shit-tier, fanfic writers these days.

Retiring characters would put them out of business.

If they were capable of Jack Kirby or Joe Gill greatness, they would have made their own comics.