/ChG/ - Christian General

Can we get a good ole Christian thread up in here?
Here we come together to discuss current events in the religious world and how they effect politics, our branches of faith, and casually talk about things regarding our religion.
Atheists are more than welcome to partake in the thread, I just ask that you try to be constructive.
These threads are meant to be rarely posted to preserve their unique and engaging discussions.
Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=6V8CoyzBc4E

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Urh-aa5TF0Q
yadi.sk/i/UPKg9uTftgaTk
youtube.com/watch?v=ahzcFOFA9qE
dacc.edu/assets/pdfs/PCM/merechristianitylewis.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Holy shit it's almost 3 am

Love you guys. I hope you all be blessed.

>No one took the advice to do Apostolic Generals

Good luck, I predict you've got about 10 seconds before the leafjew crashes your thread.

Protestants.

>TFW no Christian date generals

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Urh-aa5TF0Q

Hatty McAtheist here. Earlier thread was good fun. Thx

whats apostolic generals?

Yeah I always enjoy the christian generals. Usually just lurk.

pic: satans fall from heaven carved in ivory.

>tfw no delicious raspberries with wine

I want holy war already. Also the churches need to clean they're shit up both large and small. May God help us and God help Europe

Sheeit, when it's small it looks like coral

Crusade when, fellow knights?

Refocus Christian Generals to just the parts Sup Forums generally supports for sake of clarity. Sup Forums is largely pro-catholic. Since /his/ it's also pro-orthodox. Catholicism, Orthodoxy, and Coptics are collectively known as Apostolic Christianity. Hence we have a general thread focused on them.

There is a large anti-protestant sentiment and leaving them out would save us on interdenominational fighting a lot.

how many dam tripfags are there?

13th century bishops apron

Not to stir the pot but that'll probably not happen. The church may get wimpier and wimpier over time. But cheer up, it could be sign of the times. That may be some level of consolation for a Christian I think.

6 with 2 rare namefags.
2 prot, 1 atheist, 1 orthodox, 2 caths
Namefags are Cath too.

It's certainly influenced by the times.

If we are lucky enough to live to see a Crusade in our lifetime, would you accept an agnostic such as myself in your ranks?

which ones the atheist tripfaggeroo?

i'm non denominational and while I understand the Catholics positions, I do not agree.

We need to focus those people on getting past that I believe. We all follow Christ Jesus. We need to accept that every man interprets the same instruction set differently. As long as we make the end result the same it shouldn't matter.

I understand that a baited hook catches more fish but sometimes its more about quality than quantity.

Wolfshiem is that you?

Good evening/morning all

I do think so albeit for other reasons

One gnostic with that Praetetoeoumom guy.

I'm a Protestant.

We lose the battle for this world. But we win in the end. Despite that we are still told to be watchmen. Sentries dont just die off without a fight. The battles are small and personal now. The fight has come to the literal home front. We wage much more spiritual warfare than physical anymore.

Amen

Welp that explains it.

I figured the fact that I constantly bash apostolic succession would have given it away.

OuterLimits. Playful but destructive Nietzsche fanboy. Was big before /his/ happened.

Yes, hi. Hope you're good.

Well I'd have to be brief on the phone but we can chat over it if you'd like.

He declares himself nondenominational but you may be right.

>We need to accept that every man interprets the same instruction set differently.

We are taught to evade and challenge false teaching. If we do not uphold the true doctrine we do not know when they are wrong.

Is the Catholic Church still against contraception?

Protestants accept Paul's epistles and Romans

>Here we come together to discuss current events in the religious world and how they effect politics, our branches of faith
Everything in the world will keep getting worse and worse until Jesus returns in all his holiness to wipe the slate clean. The Final Crusade

a protestant who dosnt accept anything Paul the apostile says... You know his writing was a big part of what makes it Protestantism?

*Not trying to sound like a condescending asshole. Text dosnt convey tone well.

I accept them. I don't argue they should be removed or completely ignored in the least. There's wisdom to be found there.

Meh, you'd have a point but some Gnostics do it too.

Yes

Nondems are an odd bunch.

No they buried it under the seamless garment.

The fact that I don't take Paul's word as equivalent to God's Word and Commands is a different thing than wanting nobody to read Romands, 1 Peter, or the like.

It will never be for contraception under any circumstances.

Ex-protestant here why did Martin Luther remove Maccabes?

Christianity is only concerned with personal salvation to become part of a nebulous afterlife for which no evidence exists, and for which this world needs to be sacrificed, which is best expressed in the way early christians like Martin of Tours refused to fight enemies of their nations, insofar killing in this world could cost them heaven

When Jesus says "if they take your coat, let them have your shirt as well", "do not resist evil", "I have come to turn a man against his own household", "if you don't hate your self and your own family you can't follow me", "love your enemies, pray for your persecutors", "the meek will inherit the Earth", "those that wanna die will live", "blessed are those the persecuted, for they will be my Kingdom", "do not save treasures for tomorrow", "carry your cross so that you can receive eternal reward", "Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you'll have treasure in heaven", "it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye than for the rich to enter Heaven", "Woe to you who are well fed, Woe to you who laugh, for you will mourn and weep" he is not kidding, or meaning the opposite, but actually setting down a morality where the world is a lie and only the afterlife is the real deal, so destroying your life in this world, "carrying your cross" as he says, is completely logical

So err what is your response to this christians?

Pic related to stir you up, inb4 its incorrectly translated

White power:DDDD
yadi.sk/i/UPKg9uTftgaTk

>We are taught to evade and challenge false teaching
Yes. test all things against scripture and hold fast to that which is true. But I do believe that a catcholic and a protie can both be saved. They have the same instruction set (for the most part). They interpret it differently. The steps are different. But the end result is the same.

You're good. I don't mean to offend but Protestants kinda take things too literally in the bible. It's kind of like evangelism on steroids.

Lel...no Prottie would do that

DAILY REMINDER THAT
BERGOGLIO ISN'T POPE, BECAUSE HE ISN'T EVEN A BISHOP, SINCE HE WAS "ORDAINED" BISHOP BY AN INVALID RITE:

youtube.com/watch?v=ahzcFOFA9qE

In the previous thread you said the world is totally corrupt

Face it, you hate the creation of your loving Father. You're a gnostic

IM that user who was struggling with how to approach faith. Can you guys post your stories of how you came to faith and how you managed to narrow it down to one religion + demonination?

is over there, ya dip.
>rarely posted
But they aren't. They're constant everyday bullshit.
>their unique and engaging discussions.
That's what these threads are. They're just for you to circlejerk.

It's total blasphemy. Jesus is asking us to sacrifice the gift god gave to us.

Many do actually. I'm actually very similar in my theology to Leo Tolstoy, if you're familiar.

Because it has prayers of the dead in it.

The odd thing is that it is only in the Deuterocanon that we get the explicit statement of Creation Sex Nihilo.

He uses Jerome and da joos as his justification for removal

Nondenominational because out of the fucking thousands of churches out there... I dont agree with any of them bitches... There is always something...

Yeah makes for a real odd bunch. But i'd say i've had the best arguments from the non denom crowd. They pull from way more sources than the Catholics and orthodox crowd.

The world is totally corrupt, yes.
I'm not dissimilar to Augustine in my regard for the world. Do you think Augustine was a gnostic?

>outlimits

oh right, I remember now. Thanks.

>talk about it

I actually am about to sleep. Although, I didn't really want to go too into it but ty for the offer.

SAGE

HIDE

REDIRECT TO

Wow...and I thought it couldn't get any more chaotic

What are you talking about jesus is telling you to live like a beggar and not harm a fly and you will be given riches and babes and castles and mansions and sweet lambo's in heaven

Why aren't you living your life like this?

Leave, my ignorant friend.
Christianity holds a strong place in politics and modern world events.

Nice Jesus is bullshit. Read the whole book in light of itself and not cherry picking verses.

Love isnt always nice. Every man will tell you. Love Hurts.

Welp. I'm off to bed.
Please make these threads in deep moderation for they tend to attract the attention of a lot of shitposters.

>it's the joke that gets less funny each time you post it post.

Dear Christian brother,

I am sorry to be the one to say this but:
The time has come to start protecting our beliefs and values. What will we have left if let ourselves to be run over by deeply evil "human beings".
We need Neo-Crusades, nothing more to say.

Everyone has different views. There's no such thing as uniform belief - even people with very similar seeming views differ in intensity or regard for them. If you want to call anything "chaotic", then virtually every human is by nature of their will.

He turned tables at the Synagogue like a DJ

God gave me the gift of life, and I'll use that gift however I please. I don't need to be told how to live like a perfect saint, I already know how.

Suffering for God's sake =\= "destroy your life"

Do you really think it is not possible to be crucified when one has a family? That one can't feel oneself crucified when one has worldly cares?

If you feel called to hermitage, or to monkhood, do that

Yeah I get that

I just cannot comprehend the contradictory beliefs on the issues that matter

Jesus died so that my sins may be forgiven. I doesn't matter how I live any more. He payed the ultimate price for me, so that I may live this life.

Thing is you have so many subjective words in your little book anyone can get any sort of reading out of it and have their own little interpretation on it

and i really just cant be fucked because its boring as fuck

Marry me nowww

I was a Christian for a while, and I was rockin and rollin pretty good, but I kind of fell out of it. Lost the drive and mostly meandering from day to day. I used to be way happier and had more motivation.

How do I get back? Things we're just lining up and falling into place, but the spirit isn't there anymore.

No he is literally saying you should be a hermit and give away everything and not fight anyone

see otherwise you wont go to heaven

Self-contradictory beliefs are an issue. Different people having different beliefs that contradict one another isn't surprising. Someone is right and someone is wrong, or both people are wrong.
Figuring out who is *actually* right (if anyone) is the hard part.

Hey guys tell me the parts of the bible where jesus said we you need to have priests and popes and shit like that and churches and crosses

also tell where in the bible it says you can just talk to some dude about fuggin some bitch out of wed-lock and your absolved of all of your sins

I am a DJ like him and Khaled so my ticket to Heaven is assured

I won't expect that on matters of Divine things

what does Sup Forums think of the holman translation?

Narrow it down? I started by reading up on all the major ones. Most didnt make any sense to me like Hinduism and Ba'hai and exotic stuff. Buddhism and eastern humanism dosnt answer the major questions of philosophy (that I could find).

My big seller that Islam is shit? The afterlife is all about human pleasures. Yes sex is awesome but thats not what I want for all eternity. I want more than that. I want what God promises in his exact words "No More Tears". Islam is very petty in it afterlife.

Dont focus on denominations and details at the beginning. Focus on the core doctrine. What do you expect of God? We are made in his image so There is some imprint of what he is in your very being. Try to find that. Try to find the imprint (or missing space) that God left in you.

Cant recommend this book enough for you.
dacc.edu/assets/pdfs/PCM/merechristianitylewis.pdf

Asians don't go to heaven.

>christcuck general
top kek is this real

You should, because that's how things *actually are*.
We take things on faith. Whether our faith is right or wrong, partially right or partially wrong, or mostly right or mostly wrong is what we'll discover on judgment day.

If you gave away everything you own, and lived by yourself in a cave and prayed, or went to Syria and started preaching the Gospel and were killed for it, you would be showing your love for God, and that's good.

That doesn't mean you automatically go to Hell if you don't do those things.

What does Christ ask? That we love Him. How do we love Him? By obeying Him. How does he judge us? With mercy and perfect wisdom.

Personal salvation, indeed. There is evidence: first, there's natural theology or revelation of God in nature (without the Bible etc). Then there's special revelation where God has come down to earth to save us in Jesus (Jesus existence and his deed's consequences are indeed historically proven, the only thing for you to do is to connect the dots).

Start with just thinking that there might exist a God (which is common for deism, christianity, judaism and islam) all of which are monotheistic religions. Wy does everything exist at all (teleological argument)? Can the universe exist inifinitely long time (would you believe someone who said he has finished counting from infinity to 0?)

Are we vulting yet? I'm getting anxious.

Enjoy your lake of fire and gnashing of teeth my friend. I will pray that God shows you the light. Good luck.

Pic related. Your eternal resting place.

He believed they were not scripture, appealing to Jews who threw out the deuterocanonical some time after the Christian bible was formed. He trusted their scholarship for the most part

>pic

He didn't say that and you have yet to clarify what it means to be "good" by his standards.

>Christianity is only concerned with personal salvation to become part of a nebulous afterlife

No, you just only know Christianity from Protestant thought that is dominant in Scandinavia. Christianity, by apostolic terms, is about both the fulfillment of the self in life through virtue and the preparation for the afterlife, which isn't a dislocation from the body but a resurrection of the dead with a new heaven and a new earth.

Yes, we get it that you read Nietzsche but Nietzsche, too, was only aware of Protestant thought, having grown up in a protestant home to a pastor father.

The material isn't denied at all like neoplatonists would do but rather realized as greater through God. God adds to, rather than substitutes.

And your understanding of thosebquotes is shit.

That's fairly quick user.

Jesus radio in your car! Helps a shit ton.

enjoy nothing euphoric man

How rude. I turn tables at the club all night like Christ did and this is my fate?

I hope you believe in a form of universal salvation or shitloads of people will burn

They both can in theory, yes, but the distinction is between not salvation but communion. Heretics may have some truth and not be totally against God's will but that's just an incomplete communion.

That is beautiful!

That post hay just as much cherypicking as what it rails against

this is the reason you're next to sweden

I guess we can date first :3