ROCK YOUR LOLI

>Last thread goes 390 posts
>Actual meaningful discussion
>People getting into it for first time
>Loods delivered
>Name brought up like twice, and ignored

Proud of you, Sup Forums

>A loli rock star
Even if I don't think the title's a big deal, I can't quite believe they got away with that line in the OP. Especially in the English version.

YO FRESH POST ABOUT XERIS

teamlolirock.tumblr.com/post/144926824663/s01e06-xeris

The French version is "three LoliRock stars". Which is as many as three lolis. And that's terrible.

Anyway, for those who care, the bus slogan says "Princesses of magic, Queens of rock".

Sup Forums is weird

Sup Forums is love (and hate, now). But at least it still has some love. The best kind of love - Love for LoliRocks.

This picture and its filename are from the wiki. Nigga you just went full loli.

Neat. I like Auri's red hair best though, even if it's not magical.

But which one is willing to take it in the butt?

I regard this Brazilian girl exactly as I regard other Brazilian girls: with my penis

Auriana probably.

She's not a Brazilian dammit
You're hue off base

Auri would enjoy it.
Iris would nervously try it.
Talia would grudgingly endure it.

So is anybody going to question all the magic they do during their performances?

Seems like they're doing a bad job at keeping it secret.

What magic? They just have the world's most advanced and closely guarded special effects! That's one of the reasons so many people come to their shows.

Along with, y'know, seeing teenage girls dance about in sexy outfits.

Honestly, if they were going to practice their magic, that's probably the best way to do it without having to leave civilization.

I think about this every episode. Like, do they even care about keeping their secrets? Not just in shows, but around the general public they're always doing their magic shit.

Is she French?

Yes.

No, she's from Cyrus. So...Cyrian.

o fuk

The thought of an energetic, ass-fiend Auriana pleases me thoroughly, but so does Talia gritting her teeth and taking it.

"It's a rite of passage in Calix!"

A better question would be why they need to be secret in the first place.

Is it to prevent enemies from knowing where they are? In that case, they are doing a fantastically terrible job at it. They rather glaringly display their magic circles, which is pretty much an identification fingerprint of magic. And this, of course, ignores that the enemy has spy-magic, knows where they all live, and are frequently followed around by the bad guys.

Is it to protect people around them? But the people around them are frequently attacked and kidnapped just for associating with them. Knowing that they have magic or not knowing wouldn't matter; the enemy is certainly going to have better knowledge of spellcasting than any friends the cast has.

Are they somehow protecting people themselves, from doing something stupid by knowingly talking to magic princesses? But that doesn't seem to be a practical danger at any point. Random people don't seem capable of magic, regardless of training, and outside that one book there wasn't anything dangerous that they kept around. Heck, some magic items (dream crystals/music box) seem incredibly dangerous for the ignorant, and it would be better for someone to be watching out for Iris in that case.

Sure, I know the real reason (it's part of the genre) but it seems very silly the way it's used.

Also, it seems like the Wednesday storytime threads were likely what killed off the last thread. Not that it's too big of a deal; Friday to Wednesday is an amazing run for a LoliRock thread.

>No, she's from Cyrus. So...Cyrian.
Xeris, so Xerian.

Post on the blog said the townsfolk in Sunny Bay are just really slow on the uptake.

Now you just get 'Syrian' said by someone with a cartoony German accent.

So do they have any other songs?

Alright thread, question of the day:

Carissa or Lyna?
How well will they ultimately get along with each other?
How well will each get along with Auriana/Talia respectively?
Will they become more than just an Auriana-Talia pair who fight when they appear in season 2?

I was kind of surprised to see this series pop up on netflix a little while ago, not got around to watching it yet though.

tits are a little too small, would not bang/10

Yes, 5 in one season, 5 in the next
But Revolution a best.

Give me time to gallivant home from the corner store, I'll give some details on the bonus Rocks.
For the question, Carissa all the way. P cute, is exactly like me personality wise (loud and dumb, stupidly competitive)

Has anyone ever storytimed the BDs? I'd quite like to read them.

Several. In English and French.
youtube.com/user/lolirockfr/

>not liking little perky budding tits
Shit taste desu senpai.

Anyone else interested in knowing the backstory of the twins?

Facts:

1. Phraxina said in Une vie de Star that their father was the court jester but for some reason their male line had a semi-powerful magic artifact
1. The only non-twin people we've seen use magic are of royal blood, so are they bastards?
3. Phrax's symbol is the sun and Auriana's is the moon, their hair colours are similar, and Auri has 32 sisters so her dad is confirmed to fuck, making him the most likely to have fucked the jester's wife.
4. This makes Mephisto's crush on Auri some Game of Thrones shit.

I personally can see the appeal in pert, sensitive little breasts.

They have five in French and English (basically the same song, but different lyrics in each) plus the five in English for season two have been seen.

I'll just link to my posts in the last thread, rather than repost all the links.
>Has anyone ever storytimed the BDs?
What are those? Books or comics? And are they original content, or just one of those comics that replay the events of an episode?

Look at this

youtube.com/watch?v=S7DwS_4y7FY

DEEEEEEP

>The only non-twin people we've seen use magic are of royal blood
While that's possibly true, we do have two examples of people using magic with unknown bloodlines: Gramorr and Lex.
Sure, they could be royalty, but either could be non-royal blood so there's no indication either way.

>P cute, is exactly like me personality wise (loud and dumb, stupidly competitive)

Does she also have a wicked sense of humor?

>What are those?
Nigga really? You're asking this on Sup Forums? Get reading Franco-Belgian comics already.

BD are Bande Dessinée, French comic books. Generally use of that term here indicates a comic is only (officially) available in French. There are apparently three - As to the content, I don't know but I think they're episode re-tellings. That was why I was wondering if anyone had already or would story time them.

The word "loli" isn't in normie vernacular, much less the sexual implications it comes with for us. It's perfectly safe to name the show that.

Well I've seen a few pages like this in these threads, which look like they might be screencaps with speech bubbles added on. No clue where the full comics would be, though.

I could probably half-translate or mostly-translate if someone wanted to be posting them.

Ok. Before I get lost in the O's game, Here's the details on the Bonus Grills

For Lyna,
>Also boy-crazy, like Auriana. They buds over this bond
>She's 16, like Talia. Being older than Carissa, probably makes her feel a bit like a big sis to her, possibly why she puts up with her antics
>Because she's the most princessy one, she hates dirty and vulgar things. So boom. Her relation with Carissa right there.

For Carissa,
>Admires Talia's discipline. Wants to become her student, like Iris. Talia's autism means she isn't sure it she likes this whole notion or not.
>Basically, if Talia is a ninja in battle, Carissa is the samurai. Straight up fighting.
>If you say something that sounds like a challenge, she will accept it as a duel, no matter how mundane
>Will probably drink you under the table, then the table itself. And the rest of the bar
>That last one is my own canon

I'd also be willing to help translate to the best of my shitty ability.

Although the transparent bubbles will make this a bitch to typeset.

I should really scan the Totally Spies BDs I have. I think one of them is up on an old fan forum, but there are a few others that may be of interest
I plan on ordering these LR ones myself, maybe will scan and translate from the sub files for the dialogue.

I was thinking more just translating in the thread, rather than editing. Although, if I had the time, I suppose I could do that too.

Ah. That's a common fix.
Well, given the increased activity here for LR, I'd be happy to do one or two of the books. If only because the art is actually a cuter than the episodes final product, Marco Albiero is a best at mahou shojou

I don't really want the thread to get into this again and I it's not like I care that it's called LoliRock (hell, normalisation of lolicon would be a bonus for me) but yeah, normal people do know what "lolita" is and is referencing and they make that connection.

The term may not have the same sexual implications everywhere (Frenchfags seem to suggest it doesn't) but in the English speaking world it certainly does, because normalfags here have a strange obsession with pedos that's almost more disturbing than pedos obsession with children. Not dissimilar to our obsessions with Nazis and serial killers. We Anglos are weird. Personally I think it's because we secretly wish we could get away with terrible, forbidden things and deep down we sort of admire the people who have, but we also hate ourselves for this and are in massive denial.

youtube.com/watch?v=6ldCbSlLRso
The animators knew what they were doing when they made this

I went for a more literal translation in places over more natural for a first pass as I don't know a lot of French idioms/natural speech yet.
P1:

Rebecca: Oh, wow, thanks so much! I just remember having had a light-headed moment.

I got lucky that you came to explore this cave!

P2:

Rebecca: Hey! You are one of the singers who are producing the festival?

P3:

Iris: That's it! My name is Iris! And I present to you Amaru!

Rebecca: Oh! What he is is cute!

P4:

Rebecca: My name is Rebecca. I hoped that I can see the concert tonight, but that depends on my research.

I am studying geophysics at the university... I have taken a sample of soil of this cave and...

... I think I have found a mineral that cold produce a clean energy.

P5:

Iris: That's brilliant!

p6:

Rebecca: Yes I know! For at the moment I have only detected a few traces, but I hope that it's a little like a part emerging of an iceberg.

Sadly, I must return to the research center to recover the metal detector... A bit more sophisticated.

p8:

Off panel: Oh! Oof!!!

P2:

Auriana: Chrystal Whirlwind (whirlwind is actually in Latin as many of the spells are)

P6:

Iris: I remember you! You are scared of the light!

I do like how the twins have actually won.
Sure only twice, but in a non serialised kids show narrative? It's impressive.

Last page from the sampler, posted online
Just transformations, but let's roll with it

Well they kind of won in the finale, somewhat

I always figured it's how they got so popular so quickly. I mean they're music isn't that amazing, but I could definitely buy audiences being won over by the amazing stage shows and wowed by the fact three teens seem to have pulled it off by themselves.

they sort of had to win, at least once. It means that Iris &co will ultimately need to fight Gramorr at least once to get the one Oracle Gem from him, before they can just blast him and restore everything with the crown.

The fact that he has an eagle in his magical circle makes it so obvious which side he'll end up on.

I like.

Also that art is qt

>Better finish this before they discovered that the ore is at hand!
Sounds like all three pages were from the same issue; I'm guessing it means "We'd better finish this fight before they realize the ore is nearby." Meaning, of course, the ore Rebecca is mining for.

Everyone will probably be working for the same side. Who wants to bet that Gramorr is actually King of Ephedia?

True, but they could also have Gramor go "I'm surrounded by incompetent fools! It's a good thing I have a back up plan." and pull out some last minute doomsday weapon the the penultimate episode. Which would suck and wouldn't require the writers to think ahead.

I liked the theory he's Amaru
that'd be hilarious.

P1:

Iris: Better finish before they discover that the mineral is at hand!

P2-4: [name], Princess of [Place]!!!

Speaking of which, the political system of Ephedia seems to be a monarchical feudatory. France annexed a bunch of Holy Roman states and their leaders retained the title of Prince with the King's permission. A lot of these were seceded to the French monarchy in the 1700s and they became things like counts.

Princess was generally only used for the wives and female heir apparent of princes (or the heir's wife). Obviously this isn't the case with Xeris, at least.

>Which would suck and wouldn't require the writers to think ahead.
True. Having the foresight to let him win, even if only once, and setting up a larger final confrontation was a far better idea in the long run. Probably best to let Praxina and Mephisto do it as well, rather than the single-episode characters.

As a side note, does whoever makes these transparencies want to do Amaru's photo?

Frenchfag here, I hope I'm not making English errors.
> You are one of the singers who are producing the festival?
"se produire" means "perform" here. So she's one of the singers who's performing at the festival.

>Rebecca: Oh! What he is is cute!
"He's so cute!", no?

> Iris: That's brilliant!
"C'est génial!" is actually simply "that's great!".

> Sadly, I must return to the research center to recover the metal detector... A bit more sophisticated.
Just a minor thing but I would say "a metal detector". She already have one, but it's no enough so she's going to take a better one.

So not bad.

I'm grateful for any tips. I definitely knew I had some stuff wrong. I went with "A metal detector" just because of "un" vs "le". I've got a lot of room for improvement.

I vaguely remember this
That he wasn't Iris' Uncle blew the doors open for speculation

Ephedia is a Queendom, the King is more of the strongest knight. It's on the official blog, this is how the director wanted it (at least the main country Iris is from)
That means
we defend our taste in waifus enough....WE BE KANGZ

>the King is more of the strongest knight
Wait, what?

Does that possibly mean that Gramorr is going through all of this trying to be the strongest knight in Ephedia, in order to get with Iris's mom?

Or he's trying to turn things around, make a King be a ruler. With himself being the King, of course.

Or he's proving himself as the strongest knight to get with Iris before killing her mom and making her Queen.

>Gramorr getting with Iris
And thus, the true meaning behind "LoliRock" comes to light.

NON

>Now that my plan has come to fruition, I shall rock ALL THE LOLIS!

Tassadar pls don't

>La Iris est pour la chantant, ne pour la sexe.

That was a bad idea, I can't even make jokes in my first language.

I understand you vaguely, and agree.
She's less for sexual and more for actual RABU

>L'Iris est pour la chantant, pas pour la sexe.
or
>Iris est pour la chantant, n'est pas pour la sexe.
Depends on if you insist on saying "The Iris" or just "Iris", and if you are fine with shortening to just "pas pour..." in the second half.

Did I ever mention how I fucking love his design? He looks like he came straight out of Kamen Rider or Super Sentai, each time he shows up I joke "and at this point Kuuga will appear from around the corner and Rider Kick him in the face!"

Yeah that's not French.
> Iris est pour la chanson, pas pour le sexe.
Still not exactly right. Maybe:
> Iris est destinée/voué à la chanson, pas au sexe!

pert, yes
small, yes, I like 'em small
budding? no, not since I was a teenager
I think the whole loli thing is a problem of maturation more than anything else
(if I said they weren't attractive at all I'd be lying, but they're very much not the ideal IMHO)

It's mostly the art style that limits their chests.
Here is low 20s college student

also the "present" formation is a standard form of introduction, so it would be better to word it in natural English ("this is Amaru")

oh, it's the Winx thing all over again where everyone has the same body plan, how bland
how old are the main characters anyway?

15, the brown is 16

>how old are the main characters anyway?
14-16 or so

>oh, it's the Winx thing all over again where everyone has the same body plan
Not at all. The main characters all look very different.

Talia is the boobiest

How do I watch this without a netflix account?

I was going for the dumb "the waifu is not for the sexing" syntax. Like the acronym BBF, it does not translate well to French.

By looking up "watch lolirock online". It's easy.

Ahoy
pastebin.com/sYuGt1fr

But pls watch with Netflix so we can into season 3 ;_;

Part of that is because the whole "is for ___, not for sexing" is a meme and most memes are, well memetic. They're basically repetition of an original phrase which is, in some way, humorous. As such, they don't really translate to another language well - part of the joke is repeating what's been already said.

The other part is, at least for me, I'm not familiar with the words la chantant or la sexe in French, and so wasn't sure how to apply them properly. Different languages have different rules in how words and terms are used. "Not for the sex" can have a specific concept or meaning in English, but there's no guarantee that a similar phrasing would even be present in another language.

How many seasons are there?

Season 2 has been confirmed, and is it production. It would be nice to see a Season 3 as well, although there is certainly no news or guarantee that we'll see one.

The publishers seeing that LoliRock S1 is popular should certainly affect their decisions to make a S3, along with possibly releasing DVDs. I don't have Netflix although I would watch it there if I did.

One so far, second is in the works. Marathon always makes 52 eps of a series.

We make enough noise with views though...maybe we can get a little something extra

because of the colors of their skin and hair and their hair styles
their bodies have almost exactly the same form, as do the other official-looking female figures in this thread

Watching it with GF now.

Holy hell, they do the full transformation every time, don't they

What in the actual fuck is a loli

Well, sometimes Auriana and Talia have a transform-together sequence. And sometimes some characters will just show up transformed. But do expect a transformation sequence from somebody, every episodes.

As Auriana puts it, it is taking LOL and applying the spanish "and" (y) to rock, for their band name: LoliRock.

The adults have fairly varied body types. And there is a little bit of variation... but yes, most of the girls just have the same body.