No ged/diploma

>no ged/diploma
>working shitty fast food job I hate
>want to do something better

I really don't know what to do Sup Forums, I feel stuck as fuck. I can't study for my GED because I work too much and I can't take time off because I don't get paid enough and I live by myself.

I want to join the military but I don't think they take people without their ged/diploma

Other urls found in this thread:

coursera.org/
edx.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Speak to a recruiter and get his/her advice.

You need atleast a GED to enlist.

sell drugs faggot, that's what the rest of us did. When you don't have the competency to make it through a good degree program, one must then exchange their ability to bear risk in order to make the same or far greater reward.

Why did you drop out in the first place?

And, yes, it's no GED you won't get in. It's getting to the point they take you with an actual HS diploma, GED or not. In fact I think the Air Force denies GEDs... I could be wrong.

Yeah, great idea... I'm sure he'll thank you as Jamal ass rapes him during his 20 year sentence.

Shitty home life, I left when I was 16 and ended up homeless for awhile. I'm 21 now.

Ah, that sucks...

You gotta get the GED. Struggle through it, but it has to be your top priority. Without it, you WILL be stuck.

Do it... It'll suck ass now, but you'll look back eventually and be glad you did.

I fucking hate retarded shit like OPs situation.

You literally have to be pants on head retarded to fail so much in such a developed country. You have countless opportunities and managed to fail every one of them. I'd like you to come over here and try to live for a month you piece of shit

>boo hoo, can't find time to learn for my high school diploma, hug me Sup Forums

And what are you doing with your life, then?

Depends on how bad you want it

bullshit
i dropped out at 15 and was institutionalized 3 times, i left home at 18 and stayed homeless for a year working and saving money.

anyone who believes a GED is the sole decider of their chances of success isn't looking at life the right way.

it doesn't matter, his point is still valid.

you have to be retarded not to be able to pass the GED test

oh shit, what happened there?
how are things now?

I heard it was hard. Like way harder than typical High School tests. I could be wrong though.

Ummm you do realize you don't live in the United States right? I know autism rates in Kangaroo land are exceptionally high, but as someone who fucking LIVES here.... Without at least a GED he's fucked. Unless, he's some savant Bill Gates type, which I doubt.

Vote for Republicans. They'll cut rich people's taxes and it will "trickle down" to you. This is a FACT.

I don't get the question, do you want me to talk about my life? Would that make you feel any better? I seriously doubt. You'll forget about it in 5 min and continue being a retard.

>TFW I'm in the same situation as OP
>TFW I have a slightly above average IQ but I can't study for shit because ADD
>TFW never had a father so no guidance
>TFW have Italian last name but don't know my own heritage or family history
>TFW I'm 25
>TFW probably gonna have to work at FedEx the rest of my life

>it doesn't matter, his point is still valid.

no it's not

Most don't get caught fgt

Getting a GED is so easy, my mom got hers last year and she was 46 at the time, doesn't speak the best English (her second language), and I love my mom and all but she's kinda dumb. I did have to explain basic algebra and geometry to her though, but my point stands that they set the bar pretty low with a GED

teach yourself some skills, there's a fuckload of free courses offered by universities:
coursera.org/
edx.org/

Ffs get the goddamn GED. No excuses. Fucking Christ.

U in Memphis, user?

I think what I'm actually recalling is that the military has higher ASVAB standards for people with a GED versus a regular diploma.

It really isn't. I've never taken the test, but my old roommate was and looking at the book they give you for it, it was literally all 8th grade shit they test you on. You do have to be literally retarded to not pass it.

dad was a pedo, mom was a sociopath, brother was a rapist and sister ended up killing herself when i was 14

because i'm a white male nobody actually believed me when i tried to talk about my home life, so shit just got worse and worse until i broke multiple times psychological and attempted to kill myself. after i turned 18 i left home and never looked back, changed my name and all.

now i'm 29 and own a few houses that i rent out, so i don't really have to work. got my wife, don't plan to have kids.

a GED/high school diploma is only important when dealing with institutions that straight up require one.

the only place that's ever asked me for any credentials was my first job at 18, and that was a fast food job. every other employer didn't give a fuck after that one.

his point about how you're incredibly well off simply by living in a modern capitalist western society is spot on, your gripes with his current situation don't mean shit.

My recruiter got my ged paid for. They may have done it out of pocket. I forget.

Is it that way now? When I was in the score was what it was. A GT of 110 was a GT of 110 diploma or GED.

Then again shit changes so much who can keep up. I'm pretty such the Air Force and maybe even the Navy won't talk to you without a diploma now. The Air Force is like applying for a job, they're so selective.

fuck me, I misunderstood you. You're one of those
>I post/browse Sup Forums but don't have any free time.

being poor in america is hell compared to any other western country. you would probably be a crazy homeless bum if you grew up with your situation in the US.

That might be so in Austraila, but here... With a GED a company isn't going to look at you twice.

The only types of jobs you're going to get are shitty, extremely low paying like residential roofing, picking watermelon, etc... And, even then you're looking at competing with the immigrants who'll do the work for less than what you want/need.

Well, you are applying for a job. The military, particularly the air force and navy, have plenty of highly skilled occupations.

Unfortunately, I live in God damned commiefornia, my friend.

What the fuck is a SAT?

I'm not the OP... I'm explaining to the OP that by not getting his GED he's fucking himself over as his options will be limited to nailing shingles on a 100 degree roof working for some scumbag "roofer" type that's probably wanted by police.

Get a GED. It's fucking easy. Just take the tests and get it. Unless you really need the classes.

Then, enroll in your local community college with federal aid. Take nursing classes and in one year you will be making $20 an hour with unlimited jobs.

Bootstraps motherfucker, pull em.

>mom
end your life faggot

Look up GED practice test. It seems like the same relatively simple stuff I remember on the test.

I know you're not. But you said applying for the Air Force is "like applying for a job", and I was simply stating that you ARE applying for a job when you apply for the air force.

>be Dutch
> don't know what ameribros mean with GED
>look it up
>Passing the GED test gives those who do not complete high school, or who do not meet requirements for high school diploma, the opportunity to earn their high school equivalency credential

TOP KEK

How did you not finish high school m8?
Isn't that mandatory?

I'm sorry for you, brother. FedEx ain't all bad, though. Could be a lot worse, trust me. Keep at it, man. Don't stop aspiring for greater things.